IGNORED

Osama

Mattplusness
Note: This thread is 4737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So apparently he's been living in a multimillion dollar mansion compound right outside of a Pakistani military base and one of their top military schools. The 6 year old compound has been just sitting there with no TV, Internet or Phone lines and no1 from the crack Pakistani military decided it was a good idea to knock and see who was living there.

I mean a million dollar compound kinda sticks out in a neighborhood full of mud huts... I smell a rat.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Originally Posted by newtogolf

He hasn't been a real threat for years, and I highly doubt we'll see an end to terrorism because he's dead.  In fact, given this event, I'm sure the United States will once again be considered the "Devil" by every terrorist or middle east sympathizer and we'll see an increase in terrorist activity.   Glad he's dead, but it's a bit anti-climatic at this point.  Obama got a two for one deal with this, he got Osama, and he messed up the end of Trumps show at the same time.

I agree with that, sure I am glad that they got him but I think some people are making it out to be more then it is.

It is kind of morbid though to celebrate a person's death. Bin Laden or not, does taking one life justify taking another? I think the world is better off the way it happened, but it's still something to reflect upon. If they captured him and kept him in prison, he could become a larger character and Al-Qaida feed off it. Now he is dead and put to rest at sea, which will help in removing him from people's thoughts. There was quite some circus around Saddam Hussein when he was captured and prosecuted. Being hanged and videos posted on the internet, he got more attention in the media. The probably got some photos of Osama, but he is already dead and buried.

Another side effect may of course be retaliation attacks from the terrorists, but this is probably the only way to fight terrorism. By taking their time, finding their hideouts and either killing them or putting them in jail.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

It is kind of morbid though to celebrate a person's death. Bin Laden or not, does taking one life justify taking another? I think the world is better off the way it happened, but it's still something to reflect upon. If they captured him and kept him in prison, he could become a larger character and Al-Qaida feed off it. Now he is dead and put to rest at sea, which will help in removing him from people's thoughts. There was quite some circus around Saddam Hussein when he was captured and prosecuted. Being hanged and videos posted on the internet, he got more attention in the media. The probably got some photos of Osama, but he is already dead and buried.

Another side effect may of course be retaliation attacks from the terrorists, but this is probably the only way to fight terrorism. By taking their time, finding their hideouts and either killing them or putting them in jail.

It is weird to celebrate a persons death. What I think we are really celebrating is the justice that was needed and Bin Laden needed to be brought to justice for killing 1,000's of people which were loved ones of common people. Imagine how you would feel if Bin Laden killed your parents, thats a reality for many people

Originally Posted by motteler621

It is weird to celebrate a persons death. What I think we are really celebrating is the justice that was needed and Bin Laden needed to be brought to justice for killing 1,000's of people which were loved ones of common people. Imagine how you would feel if Bin Laden killed your parents, thats a reality for many people

I am glad Osama is dead ( if he is dead ), but TBH, it serves no purpose. He is just the face of the terrorism world now...dead or alive it makes no difference, other than to make people feel the war was worth it, and to piss off the current real terrorists.

He was an asshole and does not deserve to live, but terrorism is too big now to really think justice has been served by killing him.....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

+1, I think the sentiment here is more relief and closure than it is jubilation.  Osama has been out of the headlines in the news for quite a while.  For those of us that lost family and / or friends during 9-11 it represents some closure to the tragedy and a feeling that justice was served.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I am glad Osama is dead ( if he is dead ), but TBH, it serves no purpose. He is just the face of the terrorism world now...dead or alive it makes no difference, other than to make people feel the war was worth it, and to piss off the current real terrorists.

He was an asshole and does not deserve to live, but terrorism is too big now to really think justice has been served by killing him.....

I dont think anyone is thinking justice has been served to the entire worldwide terrorism actions but justice has been served to the mastermind behind the 9/11 attack that killed 1,000's of people, thats purpose in itself.

and he is dead (they did DNA analysis and compared it to his sister). You have to be 100% accurate before you announce things like this

I dont think anyone is thinking justice has been served to the entire worldwide terrorism actions but justice has been served to the mastermind behind the 9/11 attack that killed 1,000's of people, thats purpose in itself.

and he is dead (they did DNA analysis and compared it to his sister). You have to be 100% accurate before you announce things like this

I will believe it when I see photos.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

This sure made everyone forget about gas prices, birth certificates, budget problems, and the stalemate bipartisan politics we've been seeing the last two years.

I wonder how many Approval points Obama surged forward today?

Originally Posted by nuck81

This sure made everyone forget about gas prices, birth certificates, budget problems, and the stalemate bipartisan politics we've been seeing the last two years.

I wonder how many Approval points Obama surged forward today?

I'm guessing quite a bit, but tomorrow when we go to fill up our gas tanks and read about the deficit, health care and budget issues he'll be right back where he was on Saturday.  If there's any retaliation from the terrorists due to Osama's death, he'll be in even worse shape.  Not a good time to be President.

Joe Paradiso

I really doubt USA and Obama would risk making an announcement like this without knowing that it was in fact Osama. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot, except the foot is your face.

As a big Scrubs fan, I enjoyed it when Zach Braff posted this:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This operation was big enough to get the Prez off the golf course and into the "War Room". Ironically enough, the secret operation went down as some Pakistani was tweeting "I hear helicopters in my neighborhood". I was glad that they finally found him and put his chapter to rest. I don't think publishing pictures is the right thing to do as this would just add fuel to the terrorist's fire. If the SEAL's say it's him, it's good enough for me.

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Not only do they have pictures but the guys who went in were all wired in so they have video. One of the real questions is did the US tell Pakistan to stand down as the mission went off? I think this was worked out ahead of time to protect the SEALs but it will not be admitted by either country for many different reasons.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

How much do you pay for petrol? like 4 bucks a gallon? we pay about $5.50 per gallon, and our dollar is currently worth more than yours.

And having killed Bin Laden, I can only see things getting a lot worse in terms of retaliation. But time will tell what happens

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'm guessing quite a bit, but tomorrow when we go to fill up our gas tanks and read about the deficit, health care and budget issues he'll be right back where he was on Saturday.  If there's any retaliation from the terrorists due to Osama's death, he'll be in even worse shape.  Not a good time to be President.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

And no place else?

Originally Posted by jstaffa

God Bless America.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!