IGNORED

Rain, will you play in it?

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rain. No problem. Wind....it messes me up so bad. Can't concentrate, don't feel like I have a good swing going on....I am TERRIBLE in the wind.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

There is no rain after 3 pm yesterday when we play bethpage. Even had some sunshine during the round. The courses are like half empty and never seen that few people before. We finished our round under 4 hours walking which is a record for me. No bad.

Driver  Speedline F11 10.5*
Fairway Launcher FL 17* 3W
Hybrid Mashie 18* 2h Mashie 23* 4h
Iron CG16 5-PW
Wedge CG16 50* CG15 DSG 56* CG15 64*
Putter Pipe II
Ball Gamer

The problem with playing in the constant rain this time of the year is that we have had some pretty heavy rain in the preceding weeks. Most of the courses I play are not elevated very much so they become flooded quite easily. I would play if it was raining (say... 60*+ outside) and had a course that would allow it.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

If it's just sprinkling or whatever then yes, but full on rain... no...  I live in southern California though so this is rarely an issue.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BrushCaddy

I played in the rain yesterday and now I'm sick...  hmmmm

I hear you! Two weeks ago, my round got canceled by partners because it was cold and wet. I went and walked 18 by myself anyway. I was soaked, and warm when playing, but I sat around in wet clothes too long afterwards and got sick. Bad cold. Sounded like a pipe organ. Coughed so bad that I pulled a muscle in rib cage, but I've been playing again.

I Kinda Enjoy playing in the rain.... makes me feel as if im playing in the US Open! But I CAN NOT play in the wind!  For some reason i just can`t  find my game playing in the wind.... maybe  I should learn how to hit a knock down shot for Playing in the wind?

Light rain only. Since I usually schedule when I play and have to work other things around it, why choose a rainy day? If possible, I'll trade it in for another day.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Good morning east coasters. Was thinking of going golfing on this rainy Sunday morning. If it is a rain day but this is your last chance to golf for 2 weeks do you put on the rain gear and hit the course? It is supposed to rain all day here in NY. Not sure how heavy.

It was raining yesterday in Denver and I played 18 holes.  As long as it is light rain, I'll play.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'll play when it's cold but I just don't care for the rain when it's steady.  I'll finish in the rain once I've started, and I might take my chances if there are periodic drizzles.  But it's a no go when it's a steady rain.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Sometimes I actually look for days when it is going to rain lightly and specifically target those days to play golf.  Having the course to myself can make up for a light drizzle, as long as it isn't too windy.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Here in the coastal Pac NW it is rainy and windy a lot.  Lately I've been playing in 20mph winds and I even got hailed on last month.  As long as it is not pouring rain or trees blowing over, I will play golf.  If nothing else, it's nice to have an excuse for stinking up the place.

Really? You Americans have it sweet. We have heavy rain almost every day in the winter.

Doesent stop me. Just makes for more receptive greens

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

I have no idea why anyone would say they actually like playing in the rain or that they play better in the rain, makes no sense.  I don't like rain,  i prefer a dry course, wet fairways frustrate me, no roll and i have difficulty picking the ball cleanly and not chunking it in wet conditions.   I played in rain both sat and sunday, i wish i had just stayed home, sunday especially, probably the worst 9 holes i played all year, it was horrible.   On friday(before the rain), in beautiful conditions, i played maybe my best 9 holes ever so its not like i lost it over the weekend, the course conditions just didnt allow me to play well.  Its not like im a pro and have to play in any type of weather,  its costs me money to play so im going to play when i want to.    A little wind or cold is ok, i'll walk when its at least mid 40's outside if its not too windy but im staying inside when its raining.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I used to avoid playing in any type of rainy/cold weather.  After having two kids, I do not have the luxury of being selective of when I go play.  If I have the chance to go, I go.  The last few weeks here in Indiana have been pretty miserable with rain, and my last two rounds were played in a steady drizzle.  I have learned to just put the conditions out of my mind and enjoy the fact that I'm out playing.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Play in the rain? There's wet, and there's soggy. Played at the Seasons Ridge course Saturday near Lake of the Ozarks. A very soggy day.

The Ridge is a cleverly designed very hilly course, with lots of sand traps. Unfortunately, the rains had washed out about a dozen bunkers, and damaged others. On one hole I put an approach shot into a greenside bunker, and saw a geyser of water. At the bunker, water was about 3 feet deep, and I couldn't find my ball raking around.

On #17 tee, my front foot dug into the turf on my downswing, and I sank the driver head 2 inches into the tee box. I moved the ball about a foot, and sprained my right wrist.

Again, wet is OK, but soggy I prefer not. As an old caddie, I'm also concerned about the extra damage balls do when they hit soggy greens and really take out a chunk of grass. Because of the economy, it seems courses feel more pressured to stay open in soggy weather than 20 years ago.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I played high school golf in south Florida. The golf season was the first few months of school. It rained every single day pretty much. I enjoy playing in difficult conditions, so I don't mind the rain at all.

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!