IGNORED

Honestly, I hit it long

gjsuicide
Note: This thread is 4665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't even average 300 off the tee in Tiger Woods 2012 for Xbox.  I think I'm at about 280-ish with my character.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Originally Posted by gjsuicide

Here is from 5 pages of a single thread, I got tired of copy/pasting.  This didn't include people who said 290 or 295... which is crazy enough.

bengals/redsox

mustangbryk

b_diddy746

extremeld

Stevin

denver_nuggs_15

onthehunt526

wrx_junki

cigarnut81

onamission

wedge player

ymerej1881

Edit: one guy was 298, I counted it. I am not trying to call anyone out, this is a friendly, fun discussion.  I really dont care.

I'm not familiar with most of those names, but I see your point. Still, that's a small minority.

I wonder if some people clarify that they only use their driver on driver holes - very long holes with a fairway that's wide open or room to bail out. My drives on wide open holes are always longer because I can hit it harder. If it's not a driver hole, I hit something else. On 9 holes yesterday I the hit driver twice. On the other longish holes (including both par 5s) I used an iron off the tee because my opponent was spraying his driver. Like the guys above (or on a previous page) said. It's not how long, it's how many. BTW, I was hitting my 2-iron even with my opponent who was hitting a driver, so maybe it's a little about how long.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by saevel25

Good job throwing a ball down on the image ;b

Can we get off this topic, yes people can hit it 300 yards, i have seen a few people who can, myself included. I really don't care much, my dad hits is 200-220, maybe 250 if he cranks one, and he can beat me in golf. Length isn't everything as the old saying goes ;)

The only way these people will believe it is if they see it, so might as well not bring it up on the forum.

hahahah busted.. how'd you know i kicked my ball up there?? lol

but you bring up a valid point.  I played with some 9 and  10 handicaps when I first started.. out drove them all day long by farrrr.  they all drove 220 ish at most.  two shot 79 other shot an 80... i shot a 103.. lol

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I hear the guys I work with brag about hitting the ball long!!  And we go out and play and they are right in that 220-240 range. I 'm only in my third summer of playing so I'll take 230 anywhere in the fairway most times and be happy!!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

Originally Posted by Gerald

Last week I played with a +0.6 capper (like a pro)!

+.6 is not like a pro.  If a pro were to play the courses most of us play a pro would be -10.0.  I played with a guy who has a handicap of -3.5.  He was a former pro (he is 32 years old).  He shoots constantly on the 60's and he couldn't make it as a pro.

Originally Posted by funkyfred72

+.6 is not like a pro.  If a pro were to play the courses most of us play a pro would be -10.0.  I played with a guy who has a handicap of -3.5.  He was a former pro (he is 32 years old).  He shoots constantly on the 60's and he couldn't make it as a pro.

+3.5?

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

most people have no idea how long 300 yards is.  i hit it longer than just about anyone i play with or get matched up with (which is your typical muni hacker, just like me) and when i get a hold of one, they are always like "OMG THAT MUST BE 330!!!" and i tell them no way, and we go out and measure it and its 270.  they have no clue.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed.  Plus their scores are absolute, not on the ghin system - so there is an even bigger difference.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

I have only seen a handful of guys at our course that can hit just about 300 yards or over. Our course manager can on average hit it around 325 yards, if he really gets a hold of it it can go around 350 yards. However, put the short irons and putter in his hands and he falls apart. We have about 3 other guys at our course that can hit around 300 but that's about it. Most people as was mentioned above, over judge how it looks. I always go by our course markers as I know those are lasered.

Originally Posted by caniac6

I usually aim for cart paths and sprinkler heads to get extra distance!

Ive done this recently a couple times unintentially on approach shots.  Had one from about 155 with my 5 hybrid, hit the cart path, twice in fact i think and ended up in the fairway of the next hole about 60 yards over the green. I think ended up making a 7 on that par 4.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Yea most people don't know how long 300 is until they see my ball fly past theres ;b

Cart paths are fun if you know you wont get in trouble. on my course all the cart paths are in the shade, or on horrible angles to the greens. Only one i can probably aim for is number 15, a downhill par 4, if i draw one of the cart path i could probably have it bounce on the green, or i could just rip a drive to the front of the green.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

my last round average was 273(includes all drives) and thats including one 303  yard drive(pretty standard for the hole..wind is ALWAYS at your back or helping it seems) and another 20mph wind aided 328 yard drive. down a hill

my Average average lol is about 260-265 during the warm months and it probably drops to mid 50's or low 50's during the cooler months.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I think most people simply don't know just how far 300 yards is. Couple that with the fact that you can't measure drives using the course's yardage markers, and you get a lot of people overestimating their distance, even without knowing it. I played once in a tournament with their one kid (probably about 17 years old) who literally hit his 5 iron the length of my driver, and I'm not short by any means. That kid was long (probably averaged about 310+ the few times he did hit driver, though he tended to hook the crap out of it and we were playing a relatively short course so 5 iron was usually enough), easily the longest I've ever seen, to be honest no one else has even come close. I'll hit one 300 on occasion, but it's by no means an average, or even a normalcy, and I wouldn't describe myself as a 300 yard hitter. There are of course some 300 yards drivers out there, but the number is really small, so don't be surprised if people doubt you when you say you are a member of the mysterious 300 yard club. P.S. Where's Shanks a Million when you need him. :-P
  • Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

P.S. Where's Shanks a Million when you need him.

Need is a strong word.

There probably aren't many 300 yard hitters out there. But guys who hit hit around the 260-280 mark consistently? I bet there are quite a few on this board

I played with a guy last weekend who claimed to be able to hit it 300 quite often.

I am not a short hitter, and he was short of me every drive...and I only hit one drive over 300, which was downhill and got A LOT of roll.

I think 300 has become a magical number that when any guy hits a long drive, that number pops up in his head.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I think 300 has become a magical number that when any guy hits a long drive, that number pops up in his head.

That's a good point. "I just knocked that one 247!" just isn't the same.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I find the best way to get a "300 yarder" to do some "shutty" is hit the shortest club I have that still gets out past them. Sometimes that's a driver and sometimes that's a 2-iron. If I can't outdrive them - ever - then I just stand back and watch and smile - kudos!!.*

* j/k - except about the long hitters - when I'm lucky enough to get paired with one I watch in amazement.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think for everyone saying they hit it long, there are 5 people who don't post. Why would someone post if they are just an average hitter? You're not seeing between the lines here, folks.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Exactly.

300 is long, the number is rounded, and it's the 'benchmark'

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!