IGNORED

Tebow...who's got the fever?

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a fan of Tim Tebow?

• Oh yea!
    • Eh, nah.
    • He's ok but, not worth the hype

I don't think too much of Sanchez, but he's not terrible. He's good enough to start in the NFL, but isn't good enough to be considered an elite QB.

If he'd been better they would have made the playoffs, but the supporting cast wouldn't get them farther.

I doubt Manning will want to come to NY anyway; though it would be nice to chill with his brother, I doubt he'll be too keen on getting sacked a ton of times. Plus, I doubt the colts will let him go. They are built around Manning, he runs that offense and knows the players. I think he may have 2 years left in him. The Colts seem to be deadset on Luck though, so either Manning is worse than we thought, or someone fell on their head in the Colts management.

I understand the Colts were offered 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Luck... How the hell could they turn that deal down? This is a stupid year to draft or trade for a QB, it's too much in demand. Any team that can tighten their belts and draft other positions this year should, and that kind of deal could get you a superbowl team in a year or two. Going with Luck means they throw out the extra picks, need to train him for a year at best, and don't address their weaknesses and replacing aging players. They will probably get another losing record next year, I'm thinking 6-10 unless either Manning is 100% and they start him, or a miracle occurs.

Unless a few good QB prospects get picked lower than thought, it's smarter to pick starters rather than superstars.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I have season tickets to the Jets, and saw every game.  Sanchez took a step back in his development this year.  Part of it can be blamed on his offensive line as he didn't have much time to throw, part of it can be blamed on the offensive coordinator who is no longer with the team but the rest has to fall on Sanchez.  He makes bad decisions, stares down receivers he's targeting, hasn't developed a touch pass (everything is a rocket) and doesn't check down fast enough.  The only problem with the running game is they didn't call enough running plays, McKnight and Greene can handle the job IMO.

I doubt the Jets would bring in another rookie as they have a limited window to get back to the playoffs and I can't see Rex looking to break in a new inexperienced QB.  If Peyton Manning will come cheap he's probably the only option to take the job from Sanchez otherwise they will bring in another veteran to replace Brunnel as backup.

I'm not saying bring in a rookie but bring in someone who's a good back up that could possibly win a starting job. Burnell might be great to help him from an experience stand point but he's not pushing him for the starting job. I don't put the whole season on Sanchez as their D wasn't what it was in seasons past but for them to win he needs to get better. I think just having someone who can push him all the time and if he's playing bad they don't hesitate to bench him. If he is strong mentally he will bounce back and want to get better which will help him I mean he is in the NFL so obviously he has the talent.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I haven't watched all of the Jets game, but I think losing Braylon Edwards had a pretty big effect on their offense. Sanchez could be off with his throws, but Edwards was tall enough and athletic enough to still reel them in. Holmes is shorter than Edwards and it he just doesn't seem quite as effective when faced with #1 corners, and Keller is tall, but he isn't as athletic as Edwards was. Sanchez doesn't really have anyone to bail him out on missed throws anymore.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I agree Sanchez needs to be pushed harder but he's in theory only a senior in college in terms of experience.  People forget he only played 1 full year in college.  There will be some QB's out there that can push him like but I'm not sure the Jets front office will spend the money on a QB when they need an offensive lineman, defensive lineman, linebacker, and safety too.  Sanchez would benefit from learning behind a guy like Manning who knows how to lead an offense and read defenses.

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I'm not saying bring in a rookie but bring in someone who's a good back up that could possibly win a starting job. Burnell might be great to help him from an experience stand point but he's not pushing him for the starting job. I don't put the whole season on Sanchez as their D wasn't what it was in seasons past but for them to win he needs to get better. I think just having someone who can push him all the time and if he's playing bad they don't hesitate to bench him. If he is strong mentally he will bounce back and want to get better which will help him I mean he is in the NFL so obviously he has the talent.

Edwards was a loss, but he had a bad attitude and I think they felt Burress was a good replacement for him.  Burress was too slow and didn't fight for the ball so Sanchez didn't look for him too often unless he had time to throw one up high where he wasn't going to risk an interception.  Keller would be okay but Sanchez hasn't developed a touch pass and too often he sends rockets too far in front or behind Keller.  I don't think Burress will be back with the team next year and they might consider bringing Edwards back since he'll be cheap.

Originally Posted by jamo

I haven't watched all of the Jets game, but I think losing Braylon Edwards had a pretty big effect on their offense. Sanchez could be off with his throws, but Edwards was tall enough and athletic enough to still reel them in. Holmes is shorter than Edwards and it he just doesn't seem quite as effective when faced with #1 corners, and Keller is tall, but he isn't as athletic as Edwards was. Sanchez doesn't really have anyone to bail him out on missed throws anymore.

Joe Paradiso

I met Brian Hoyer this year when he came to my work for the United Way.  All I had was a Troy Brown jersey (80), so I stood next to him for the picture and had him cover the "0".  He thought is was fun.  I also asked him if he made Brady wear his Michigan State shirt after MSU beat Michigan.  He said, "Oh yeah!".

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tough times for the Jets right now with all the bad press. Manish Mehta is pretty trusted so this development is slightly more damaging than if it was coming from an unknown guy or someone who is always looking to stir up controversy.

Jets have a lot of issues: offensive and defensive line, linebackers, wide receiver, safeties, and possibly they need one more running back to replace LT2. Sanchez had 32 TDs this year but seems to have lost the respect of the locker room. Dunno what to make of what's going on to be honest. I'm just glad the season is over since this was a painful year to watch. An all too familiar feeling.

I think I would have preferred if the Jets promoted Tom Moore to Offensive Coordinator than hiring Tony Sparano, but it seems to me that the Jets are saying O-line is a bigger issue to them than QB is, since Sparano's specialty is the o-line. I wonder who will call the plays next year. Sparano didn't do too bad a job of that in 2006, the last time he was a play caller.

As for Tebow... I enjoy rooting against him. That Steelers game was the only exciting Wildcard game though, so thanks for that, Tim.

Constantine

Surely you are not suggesting Tebow won most of those games?  If you look at the stats he still sucked in most of those games and the defense had more to do with winning than Tebow. With that type of defense, any qb could've won many of those games.

All I'm saying is that if you only look at QB stats, he sucks!

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

how bout 8?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

If you watched the game yesterday there's no way you can still think Gronkowski is average.  The guy is a beast and can catch - that one TD catch wasn't close to the numbers and he grabbed it.  I only dream that the Jets had a guy like him on their team.

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

newto, gronk and hernandez are average if they have a quarterback who doesn't hit em between the numbers, because he has time. they're BIG guys, that doesn't make them great TE's. look at Graham in NO, the dood catches passes hernandez and gronk couldn't even get up for. ever try to hit a 265 lb target across the middle? let alone 2 of em? they're not THAT great lol...it all comes down to the fact tha tom brady has time and options. how's that made? the system in place makes it such. if any PEOPLE should be given credit, it's that o line. and coaches.

Joe Paradiso

I agree with part of what you're saying.  The Denver defense kept the game close enough for Tebow to win it, but in the end Tebow did come through.  He single handedly beat the Jets and Dolphins, and when the game was on the line he threw the TD pass to win the WIld Card game.  I agree he's a lousy QB as far as stats go, but he is a great team leader and he know how to win.  If Elway can fix his mechanics he's going to be great, but it's a big "if".

Originally Posted by Yukari

Surely you are not suggesting Tebow won most of those games?  If you look at the stats he still sucked in most of those games and the defense had more to do with winning than Tebow. With that type of defense, any qb could've won many of those games.

All I'm saying is that if you only look at QB stats, he sucks!

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

He single handedly beat the Jets

Wasn't that the game where the Denver offense only scored 10 total points? Without the defensive pick for a touchdown they didn't score enough points to win.

I'm not sure mechanics is the only thing.  There were a couple of plays in both the Steelers and Pats game where he didn't see the check down to a back or TE right in front of him. The good QBs in the NFL can quickly go through their check downs when primary is covered.  The best QBs know which routes will be open just from the D look before the snap.  Tebow must learn both these approaches to become proficient.

What I like about him is he never seems to give up.  He kept playing until the last snap on Saturday even with the game out of reach.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm not sure mechanics is the only thing.  There were a couple of plays in both the Steelers and Pats game where he didn't see the check down to a back or TE right in front of him. The good QBs in the NFL can quickly go through their check downs when primary is covered.  The best QBs know which routes will be open just from the D look before the snap.  Tebow must learn both these approaches to become proficient.

That's one of the big things I noticed during both Broncos playoff games that got him into a lot of trouble. He's much more willing to try to run (or hold the ball and look for his primary option) than his is willing to get his running backs the ball in space underneath. Sometimes that works, but the Patriots were playing the QB run pretty well all game and their secondary seemed to be covering well for once (or at least it looked like they were the few times CBS showed the behind-the-QB view on replays). From all I've heard, he's great at the playbook and he's good at reading the defense, so I think it's safe to assume he knows where his checkdowns are, he's just got to get them the ball when he's in trouble. If he's got a chance to improve a lot in one area, I think that's a big part.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...

I am live in the Denver TV market.  Not so hot on Tebow.  But, I heard when he was in college he dated Erin Andrews.  Rumor, or no rumor, anyone who can get a date with Erin Andrews, well, he's a dude.

Originally Posted by Bull worker

I am live in the Denver TV market.  Not so hot on Tebow.  But, I heard when he was in college he dated Erin Andrews.  Rumor, or no rumor, anyone who can get a date with Erin Andrews, well, he's a dude.

Meh. The most he would have done with her is kiss. More than I will ever get, but if I had the chance........

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Bull worker

Seems to be an awful lot of talk around town about Robert Griffin III lately, and that if Denver can sneak up and get him, Tebow would be gone.  Rick Lewis was talking about it too on 103.5 this morning.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Seems to be an awful lot of talk around town about Robert Griffin III lately, and that if Denver can sneak up and get him, Tebow would be gone.  Rick Lewis was talking about it too on 103.5 this morning.

I don't think it happens plus the Broncos don't need to give up that much for Griffin III but I'm sure the Skins and Browns will try to get him. The Broncos need to bring in a game managing vet QB and draft a QB in the mid to late rounds. Tebow may not take them to the next level but the D is headed in the right direction and all they need is a run stuffing tackle. I mean Tebow got them to the playoffs via a Raiders choke job but he also managed to win a game in the playoffs. They have to at least let him start this year and if it goes bad bring the vet with that D and a game manager they'd still win games.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Discussions abound about replacing Tebow? I'd be afraid to tell him, especially after last season when he was compared to Ray Lewis so often.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Most teams are fielding questions about RGIII and others.  I heard the Rams discussing that while Bradford is their "franchise" QB they would select Griffin if they didn't get offered enough to trade the slot.  They are comparing this draft to the one that featured Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers.

As for Tebow, Elway needs to spend some time with him and determine if his release can be fixed.  If Elway can fix him, then I think he remains the starting QB for the Bronco's, if they can't, then they cut him because he will be too large a distraction to the team if he remains.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!