IGNORED

Bubba Watson Bought a New Car

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The confederate flag issue has died down and Bubba probably doesn't feel the sense of urgency he once did to repaint it.  It's a non-issue for me unless he makes it an issue.  If I owned the General Lee there's no way I'd repaint it just to satisfy the PC Police.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The confederate flag issue has died down and Bubba probably doesn't feel the sense of urgency he once did to repaint it.  It's a non-issue for me unless he makes it an issue.  If I owned the General Lee there's no way I'd repaint it just to satisfy the PC Police.

That's two people here that have mentioned the "PC police." Who are these people? Bubba himself is the one who brought up this entire subject. The only reason it's even almost not a non issue is because of him ... Not some mystery agency out there that doesn't exist.

Yeah I don't think his car was on the radar when all this started. He probably wouldn't have even thought about if networks hadn't publicized they ceased airing reruns of DOH. I don't think a goofy show that for all practical purposes poked fun at the redneck stereotype is offensive to anyone but rednecks regardless of what flag was on the car.

Dave :-)

That's two people here that have mentioned the "PC police." Who are these people? Bubba himself is the one who brought up this entire subject. The only reason it's even almost not a non issue is because of him ... Not some mystery agency out there that doesn't exist.

The PC Police are those that called for the banning of the confederate flag.  I agree it appears that Bubba brought up the subject, but I suspect someone asked him about it and we just saw his response.

Joe Paradiso

The PC Police are those that called for the banning of the confederate flag.  I agree it appears that Bubba brought up the subject, but I suspect someone asked him about it and we just saw his response.

Still not sure who that was. I remember the people calling for its long overdue removal from government buildings but those people aren't PC police, they're "sensible common sense police." And again, bubba brought this attention on himself.

[quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/55277/bubba-watson-bought-a-new-car/120#post_1192109"]The PC Police are those that called for the banning of the confederate flag.  I agree it appears that Bubba brought up the subject, but I suspect someone asked him about it and we just saw his response.

Still not sure who that was. I remember the people calling for its long overdue removal from government buildings but those people aren't PC police, they're "sensible common sense police." And again, bubba brought this attention on himself.[/quote] Agree. People pull the "PC police" card when the majority want change that they don't agree with. I really don't care either way if Bubba paints or doesn't paint the car. If people want to fly the Confereate flag, they can. But they can't bitch at others who see them as supporting bigotry and the Pro-Slavery symbol tha the flag is either. When they do that, they are being the same PC police they rant against.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

IMO...If something is offensive to someone then I would try to respect their view whether I agree with it or not (take the high road). However, just because a group is more vocal does not mean they are in the majority. Sometimes the minority is more vocal on an issue. It's a sterotype but in general the media is more liberal, and therefore their view gets more airplay. Does that mean that the majority of Americans are more liberal? Not necessarily. From what I understand it is roughly 50-50.

IMO...If something is offensive to someone then I would try to respect their view whether I agree with it or not (take the high road). However, just because a group is more vocal does not mean they are in the majority. Sometimes the minority is more vocal on an issue. It's a sterotype but in general the media is more liberal, and therefore their view gets more airplay. Does that mean that the majority of Americans are more liberal? Not necessarily. From what I understand it is roughly 50-50.

I don't think it's 50-50 at all. I think it's 5------------90-------------5, with each group of 5 being the loudmouths. ;) Even most of us who argue with each other on here are probably a heck of a lot closer in our views than we let on.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's 50-50 at all. I think it's 5------------90-------------5, with each group of 5 being the loudmouths. ;) Even most of us who argue with each other on here are probably a heck of a lot closer in our views than we let on.

I take it that you don't like the liberal media telling you how to think or feel? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't think it's 50-50 at all. I think it's 5

5, with each group of 5 being the loudmouths. ;)

Even most of us who argue with each other on here are probably a heck of a lot closer in our views than we let on.

I take it that you don't like the liberal media telling you how to think or feel? :)

I don't like any media, liberal or conservative (Fox?) telling me that.  It makes it hard to take most news stories and wade through the bias to dissect the facts.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I don't like any media, liberal or conservative (Fox?) telling me that.  It makes it hard to take most news stories and wade through the bias to dissect the facts.

Yes...it seems a lot of news stories have a bias or agenda included. I try take inflammatory stories with a grain of salt. Many times there are two sides to a story and one side convienintly gets left out.

I watched a comedy special on Netflix by Colin Quinn discussing the constitution and founding fathers in relation to what is going on today.  Good stuff, I recommend checking it out for those who can.  A lot of peoples sentiments expressed here are covered in the set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yes...it seems a lot of news stories have a bias or agenda included. I try take inflammatory stories with a grain of salt. Many times there are two sides to a story and one side convienintly gets left out.

There was a time when you could count on reporters reporting the news.  Now they express opinions as much as fact, sometimes even leaving out key facts to make the story lean in the right direction.  Opinion is supposed to be restricted to the editorial pages, or clearly stated as such.  The rights of free press have been stretched far beyond anything the founding fathers envisioned.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

There was a time when you could count on reporters reporting the news.  Now they express opinions as much as fact, sometimes even leaving out key facts to make the story lean in the right direction.  Opinion is supposed to be restricted to the editorial pages, or clearly stated as such.  The rights of free press have been stretched far beyond anything the founding fathers envisioned.

Exactly, every news story is an editorial of some sort, slanted to fit the agenda of the station.

Another annoying trend is the local news here constantly asks for information regarding suspects in a crime but only provides approximate height and weight and clothing color but refuses to provide skin color as part of the description.  I don't care what color skin the guy is but if you want help finding him that a pretty key piece of information to leave out.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Still not sure who that was. I remember the people calling for its long overdue removal from government buildings but those people aren't PC police, they're "sensible common sense police." And again, bubba brought this attention on himself.

Being a little disingenuous, aren't we?  Did you miss the social media storm?  Did you miss amazon and ebay refusing to sell anything with the flag?  These ARE the same entities that have no problem selling nazi memorabilia, but that confederate flag?  Too evil to be sold.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Being a little disingenuous, aren't we?  Did you miss the social media storm?  Did you miss amazon and ebay refusing to sell anything with the flag?  These ARE the same entities that have no problem selling nazi memorabilia, but that confederate flag?  Too evil to be sold.

But I don't remember hearing any of that related to Bubba before Bubba made it related to Bubba.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

But I don't remember hearing any of that related to Bubba before Bubba made it related to Bubba.

So you think Bubba just decided to hold a press conference or called the press proactively to talk about what he was going to do with the General Lee?  More likely when the PC Police decided to ban The Dukes of Hazard from television the press reached out to him to find out what he was going to do about the confederate flag on top of his car.

Joe Paradiso

So you think Bubba just decided to hold a press conference or called the press proactively to talk about what he was going to do with the General Lee?  More likely when the PC Police decided to ban The Dukes of Hazard from television the press reached out to him to find out what he was going to do about the confederate flag on top of his car.

Wrong on all counts. He tweeted it. So, yeah, I do think that he just decided on his own (obviously not on a whim but during the height of the controversy after the church shooting) to bring it up.

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!