IGNORED

2012 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide Insurance Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, I read that last night.  How would that even work?  He texted from his personal phone or had somebody do it for him?  That seems odd.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Yea I knew it was by his foot. I watched him putt with his wedge but thought they said Stenson. Which made sense...Schwartzel didn't..

I watched my replay on DVR. It was Schwartzel putting with his wedge. Crazy that I cannot find a single mention by the media of this.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by topspin4hand

I watched my replay on DVR. It was Schwartzel putting with his wedge. Crazy that I cannot find a single mention by the media of this.

Needle movers in the world of golf:

1. Tiger Woods

There's your complete list. There's a second tier of "needle movers" for hard-core golf fans - but nobody moves the needle like Tiger. Schwartzel must be in tier 3.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You ain't lying about that. However, the media who are on record complaining about on-course poor behavior are hypocrites for remaining silent on this ... or they should just say that they're against " on-air poor behavior."

Originally Posted by iacas

Needle movers in the world of golf:

Tiger Woods

There's your complete list. There's a second tier of "needle movers" for hard-core golf fans - but nobody moves the needle like Tiger. Schwartzel must be in tier 3.

• Administrator

The official video, FWIW:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

News on "Mickelson-gate": Apparently he texted Finchem from the sixth fairway during his first round at the memorial: [URL=http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8013955/phil-mickelson-texted-pga-tour-commissioner-tim-finchem-fairway-memorial-cellphone-usage-being-hand]http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8013955/phil-mickelson-texted-pga-tour-commissioner-tim-finchem-fairway-memorial-cellphone-usage-being-hand[/URL]

I had thought that the players themselves weren't allowed to use phones during the round, but I don't know where that thought came from.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I had thought that the players themselves weren't allowed to use phones during the round, but I don't know where that thought came from.

It came from the PGA Tour. Players are definitely NOT allowed to use cell phones during their round. Phil will likely be hearing from them.

It came from the PGA Tour. Players are definitely NOT allowed to use cell phones during their round. Phil will likely be hearing from them.

Do you really think Phil gives a shit? Lol...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by B-Con

He was going to bale anyway so maybe he didn't care if he got busted for it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I think it goes without saying he didn't care...he (allegedly) texted the commissioner directly.  It's definitely ironic if it indeed happened this way.

Brandon

If true, doesn't Phil's use of his phone (if it was a smartphone with "weather" or GPS) disqualify him?  Meaning he should've been DQ'd rather than WD.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Yukari

If true, doesn't Phil's use of his phone (if it was a smartphone with "weather" or GPS) disqualify him?  Meaning he should've been DQ'd rather than WD.

Not if he wasn't using it as a DMD. :)

Originally Posted by Yukari

He was using it to text message only ;-)

Needle movers in the world of golf: [LIST=1] [*] Tiger Woods [/LIST] There's your complete list. There's a second tier of "needle movers" for hard-core golf fans - but nobody moves the needle like Tiger. Schwartzel must be in tier 3.

Nah....Tiger Woods is not a needle mover....according to a TGC writer : HE IS THE NEEDLE :D Cheers Ray

Originally Posted by colin007

Do you really think Phil gives a shit? Lol...

Hahahha yeah - like they are going to discipline someone they just placed into the HoF over sending a text message.

Mr Finchem: Phil, we are sorry to inform you but we are going to change the official results of the Memorial tournament.  Rather than a WD, we are going to replace it with a DQ due to the use of a smartphone during the course of play.  I will admit Phil, I was a little dissapointed that you didn't send me a photo with your text.

Mr. Mickelson: Come on Tim.  That will not work.  You see, I have a new 5Hr Energy sponsorship which I executed just this week.  How are we to market that I turned my WD into a W by drinking 5Hr Energy!?

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Hahahha yeah - like they are going to discipline someone they just placed into the HoF over sending a text message.

He was probably fined.

Note: This thread is 4313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!