IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Mike's first video and Dave's together will help me.  I really think this is one of my problems.  I went back and looked at a driver video I sent in to Evolvr and my right knee is moving forward towards the ball a lot.  I know my swing path is in to out and my miss is a push or push fade with the driver.

Anyone have a good way to get alignment sticks to stand at an angle at an indoor range?  Not all of us are in SoCal!!  I want to set up a stick like Mike did in the first video above.

Pretty sure Erik had a thread about the same thing but his drill used a tripod placed just ahead of and between the knees. Could be mistaken on the drill though, saw it a long time ago. Point being, I believe you could replace the alignment stick with a variety of free standing alternatives.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Ernest.  We are in the midst of a Nor'easter, so it will have to wait until we dig out!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by mvmac

Guys,

The number four power accumulator (aka the angle between the left arm and the shoulders) really begins to release hard at around A5, yes? Of course, it can feel like it releases earlier or later depending on the player, but technically speaking, this release more or less starts to happen around that point in the swing?

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Guys,

The number four power accumulator (aka the angle between the left arm and the shoulders) really begins to release hard at around A5, yes? Of course, it can feel like it releases earlier or later depending on the player, but technically speaking, this release more or less starts to happen around that point in the swing?

It's starts releasing at A4.1 So at A4, PP#4 is above the nipple and at A5 it's on the nipple, A6 below it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Guys,

It's starts releasing at A4.1   So at A4, PP#4 is above the nipple and at A5 it's on the nipple, A6 below it.

Oh riiiiiiight. Sorry, Mike. Forgot that that was right there in the video. Was distracted by the word "nipple."

Thanks for clearing that up.

Constantine

Erik, i am so trying that drill. i have a huge problem with that, its so tough for me to get my right foot to bank, i am always spinning it out, it use to get so bad that in damp conditions i could have my back foot slide out from underneath me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Pretty sure Erik had a thread about the same thing but his drill used a tripod placed just ahead of and between the knees. Could be mistaken on the drill though, saw it a long time ago. Point being, I believe you could replace the alignment stick with a variety of free standing alternatives.

I've tried standing something up before, but it got really distracting.  I will try to engineer something with the alignment sticks.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I've tried standing something up before, but it got really distracting.  I will try to engineer something with the alignment sticks.

Maybe try something like a sturdy piece of cardboard from a box that you could poke the alignment stick through?

Maybe try something like a sturdy piece of cardboard from a box that you could poke the alignment stick through?

I stand alignment sticks up indoors all the time and here's how I do it - drill a hole in a small piece of 2X4 wood using a drill bit just a tad wider than your alignment rod. I currently have 3 different holes I've drilled at different angles for 3 different swing drills I occasionally work on.

Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r

I stand alignment sticks up indoors all the time and here's how I do it - drill a hole in a small piece of 2X4 wood using a drill bit just a tad wider than your alignment rod. I currently have 3 different holes I've drilled at different angles for 3 different swing drills I occasionally work on.

Thanks.  I will try that.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Originally Posted by iacas

I tried this drill today at the range with fantastic results.  My question for you guys is about it's classification as a "drill."  What would be the downside to just doing this all the time?

For me, with the driver, I have a tendency to kick the right knee out towards the ball, leading to snap hooks.  Mike taught me how to bank the right foot instead, and that works, however, when I don't think about it, it'll still opo up occasionally.  With the toes up, however, it's basically impossible.  So if I just added this into my setup for my tee shots, what's the cost?  It sure didn't seem like I lost any distance doing it.  At worst, it seemed like I lacked a little gracefulness ... my follow through ended sort of awkwardly, but that was about it.

Thanks guys!

• Administrator
I tried this drill today at the range with fantastic results.  My question for you guys is about it's classification as a "drill."  What would be the downside to just doing this all the time?

We sometimes play golf doing this. In that sense, you're right. It's not specifically or only a drill. It can be used on the course as well. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/61376/5sk-video-thread/60#post_809564"]For me, with the driver, I have a tendency to kick the right knee out towards the ball, leading to snap hooks.  Mike taught me how to bank the right foot instead, and that works, however, when I don't think about it, it'll still opo up occasionally. With the toes up, however, it's basically impossible. So if I just added this into my setup for my tee shots, what's the cost?  It sure didn't seem like I lost any distance doing it.  At worst, it seemed like I lacked a little gracefulness ... my follow through ended sort of awkwardly, but that was about it.[/quote] That's the idea!! :banana:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Oops.

(Actually, this isn't from doing the drill; they're old shoes.  But somewhere in my swing--or walking the course--I must be doing this.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased the VisionTracker. I was wondering if anyone who owns this could help with a question on using it. When I strike the ball off the tracker, should I not hear the club striking the golf aid indicating I have enough weight forward (i.e. Key 2)? I'm getting the swing path pretty good, but am not sure if I'm striking the ball forward enough. Thanks!

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

There you go again sticking alignment sticks in the green grass and wearing short sleeves when there is still a foot and a half of snow on the ground here in Boston!

Can't wait for spring!

Scott

My Swing Thread

There you go again sticking alignment sticks in the green grass and wearing short sleeves when there is still a foot and a half of snow on the ground here in Boston!

Sorry?

Originally Posted by scopek

I recently purchased the VisionTracker. I was wondering if anyone who owns this could help with a question on using it. When I strike the ball off the tracker, should I not hear the club striking the golf aid indicating I have enough weight forward (i.e. Key 2)? I'm getting the swing path pretty good, but am not sure if I'm striking the ball forward enough. Thanks!

Yes you'll hear the club come into contact with the aid on a good shot, listen to Erik hitting a shot at 3:30 in the video.  Can even see it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Can't wait for spring!

mvmac, I blow my nose in your general direction.  Your mother smelled of elderberries and your father was a hamster.  Now go away or I will have to taunt you yet a second time!!!

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!