IGNORED

2012 Deutsche Bank Championship Discussion Thread PGA Tour Playoffs

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really low scores out there. How much tougher can they make the course the last two days? At this rate, they'll be at 20 under by sunday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger started birdie-birdie, albeit on two pretty easy holes. He birdied 3 and 4 yesterday, and as someone who has played the course, that bunker shot on 4 is one of the best short game shots he's hit all year. That green is so small and slopes so much at the edges, if it had trickled off the green and he would have struggled to make bogey. I've played that front pin they played yesterday, it' absolutely brutal. EDIT: He's bunkered on 3. I've played from that bunker to that pin location, and made par. Tiger's got 9 feet.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Tiger started birdie-birdie, albeit on two pretty easy holes.

He birdied 3 and 4 yesterday, and as someone who has played the course, that bunker shot on 4 is one of the best short game shots he's hit all year. That green is so small and slopes so much at the edges, if it had trickled off the green and he would have struggled to make bogey. I've played that front pin they played yesterday, it' absolutely brutal.

EDIT: He's bunkered on 3. I've played from that bunker to that pin location, and made par. Tiger's got 9 feet.

He was probably digging his feet in and asking himself, "What would Jamo do here?".

No matter how anyone feels about Ian J Poulter (not a fan but not offended by him either) can we honestly agree that nobody deserves to be put with Kevin Na and Ben Crane for 2 days? That he's got it to -6 bodes well for the Euros at Medinah.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He was probably digging his feet in and asking himself, "What would Jamo do here?".

Jamo's made double bogey both time he's played that hole, so I doubt it. :-D EDIT: Thought you were talking about 4.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Could we see a tiger mccilroy final pairing tomorow. tiger 2 back with a reachable par 5 up next

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

Could we see a tiger mccilroy final pairing tomorow. tiger 2 back with a reachable par 5 up next

Absolutely, positively, guaranteed ... no.  (Not that they couldn't be paired together - don't know how they finished - just that it's not the final round) Tourney just started yesterday, tomorrow is round 3, and finishes on Monday holiday.

[QUOTE name="Jimdangles" url="/t/61789/2012-deutsche-bank-championship-discussion-thread-pga-tour-playoffs/30_30#post_764613"] Could we see a tiger mccilroy final pairing tomorow. tiger 2 back with a reachable par 5 up next [/QUOTE] Absolutely, positively, guaranteed ... no.  (Not that they couldn't be paired together - don't know how they finished - just that it's not the final round) ;-)   Tourney just started yesterday, tomorrow is round 3, and finishes on Monday holiday. :beer:

Isn't there a final pairing every day?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

No matter how anyone feels about Ian J Poulter (not a fan but not offended by him either) can we honestly agree that nobody deserves to be put with Kevin Na and Ben Crane for 2 days? That he's got it to -6 bodes well for the Euros at Medinah.

Okay, watching Crane today quickly made me realize that Keegan Bradley is no longer my least favorite person to watch putt.  I kind of wanted to punch my TV while watching his Daddy--err, I mean his caddie--stand over/behind him and spend 2 minutes nudging him into the right line little by little.  I wish there were a way to legislate that out of the game.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Not always.  Sometimes they have final threesomes.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Absolutely, positively, guaranteed ... no.  (Not that they couldn't be paired together - don't know how they finished - just that it's not the final round)   Tourney just started yesterday, tomorrow is round 3, and finishes on Monday holiday.

Umm whoops!  I am an idiot!  For some reason, I read "final pairing" as "final round pairing" and was so excited to be a "know-it-all smart-alec" and didn't catch my error.

Maybe in addition to the dumb grammar thread, we can start an "idiots who don't know how to read" thread?

Sorry Jim!

So there was talk that the course would firm up and get faster and be tougher to score on today and tomorrow, but so far Keegan has posted a 63 so it looks like there is still plenty of scoring to be had out there.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Umm whoops!  I am an idiot!  For some reason, I read "final pairing" as "final round pairing" and was so excited to be a "know-it-all smart-alec" and didn't catch my error.

Maybe in addition to the dumb grammar thread, we can start an "idiots who don't know how to read" thread?

Sorry Jim!

haha ya no problem man.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

OK, that greenside shot Woods hit out of the gnarly rough on 10. He aimed left, it came out right. How'd he do that? Or did he just anticipate a right bounce?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Johnny Miller - trap draw mention on McIlroy's wedge.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Looks like Louis hurt his shoulder a bit.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 4272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!