IGNORED

Where's Anthony Kim? What ever happened to Anthony Kim?

uscfan
Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whatever he's doing now, let's hope he's healthy and in a good state of mind. If he is out of the game, I'm trying to think of other pros whose stars shined bright and burned out quickly. The best example I can find is Jodie Mudd: won the Players and Tour Championship in the same year, six major top-tens between 1987 and 1991, then dropped off the face of the earth.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

From January 2014:

Noozhawk.com reported today that Anthony Kim is scheduled to appear at a fundraiser on Monday at Sandpiper Golf Club in Santa Barbara, Calif.
The event is a nonprofit foundation created by family and friends of a local girl killed by an alleged drunk driver. Kim will be on hand to conduct a clinic for golfers in the tournament that is part of the fundraiser. It's likely that this isn't the only time he's participated in a community event in the recent past, but this is the first published news on him in some time. Rotoworld was informed by his management firm last March that he was hoping to compete again in "mid to late summer," but it didn't happen. He hasn't played sanctioned golf since the 2012 Wells Fargo Championship due to injuries in his right elbow and left forearm. He then sat out a year after having surgery to repair the Achilles tendon in his left leg. Whenever he returns to the PGA TOUR, he'll have 16 starts on a Major Medical Extension to earn $613,550 and retain status. The three-time winner will turn 29 years of age on June 19. Jan 24 - 10:11 AM

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't get your hopes ups, walking away or partying away from the game, let alone with an injury for a couple of years, there is just too much parity and training involved by all to make a serious comeback likely. There are dozens if not hundreds that have impacted one way or the other where their game goes south just alittle bit......unfortunately that " little bit " is astronomical when compared to the talent now playing. The party is over

It's too bad. From 5th in Fedx points in 2008 and 4.6 Million, to gone in five years. Reminds me of Duval.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

I wouldn't get your hopes ups, walking away or partying away from the game, let alone with an injury for a couple of years, there is just too much parity and training involved by all to make a serious comeback likely. There are dozens if not hundreds that have impacted one way or the other where their game goes south just alittle bit......unfortunately that " little bit " is astronomical when compared to the talent now playing. The party is over

Yep. I would be shocked to see him back but he does have a lot of talent. Maybe a little effort could get him back in it but mentally it would be tough.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 1 month later...
Yep. I would be shocked to see him back but he does have a lot of talent. Maybe a little effort could get him back in it but mentally it would be tough.

no Anthony Kim is returning. He is a personal friend of mine and have been for years. He is just making sure he is healthy because when he announces his return he only has 16 starts to earn a little over $613'000... so he is being cautious

• Administrator

no Anthony Kim is returning. He is a personal friend of mine and have been for years. He is just making sure he is healthy because when he announces his return he only has 16 starts to earn a little over $613'000... so he is being cautious

That's smart.

Best of luck to him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great news  - always like his playing style. Hope he makes it back.

Hope it works out.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Has he stopped partying like a rock star? The guy needs stop that before he can focus on golf.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I was thinking about Anthony Kim's disappearance a few days ago.  As an Oklahoma State fan, I never really cheered for him much.  But he was great for golf when he was on his game, and he was a big help the last time the U.S. won the Ryder Cup.

And who can forget his 11 birdies in the second round of the 2009 Masters?  Crazy stuff!

Please tell him he has many fans cheering for his return!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Maybe so but what you plan and what really happens are often 2 different things. Stats are against him but I hope he makes it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!