IGNORED

2013 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Camilo - Leader to MC. That doesn't happen too often.

My wife is inconsolable.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dan Hicks had a funny line about scanning the black and white pants that look like QR codes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Good grief. Look at that pin location on 11 today! :~(

In David's bag....

Only one of the top six at present (Michael Thompson, thanks to a top-five result at the US Open last year) is currently in the Masters field. It looks like Augusta National may be mailing out an invitation Monday morning.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Only one of the top six at present (Michael Thompson, thanks to a top-five result at the US Open last year) is currently in the Masters field. It looks like Augusta National may be mailing out an invitation Monday morning.

Maybe, but I'm not counting Thompson out. I think someone's gonna have to beat him. He's getting it done from just about everywhere.....

In David's bag....

Come on Ogilvy let's find a win here tomorrow!

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

He may claim he was a distraction to the others in the group but walking off is even more IMO. Maybe he heard one too many people state that the club change wouldn't affect a golfer of his calibre that much. If anything, I'd think it would affect those elite guys even more in competition. A few errant shots and the confidence that got them to the #1 spot starts disappearing. Has there been a golfer up near the top that made such a drastic change in clubs and didn't have a dropoff? Nick Price comes to mind but I can't remember if he totally dropped off or just kind of slowly disappeared.

There were a bunch of them in the 80's who had grown up playing Ping Eye2 irons, won some tournaments, got a club contract and dropped off the world. Bob Tway, Kenny Knox and Mark Calcavecchia come to mind. Calcavecchia ultimately went back to Pings and has had played well on the senior tour. John Daly won the PGA using Ping irons.

Quote from Tiger, from ESPN, introducing a new term... Maybe he got it from johnny miller? "I was playing solidly all day, caught a bad mud ball at 10 and I hit a slice hook ... and then at 18, I hit another bad one,"

Colin P.

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/02/hepe3uha.jpg[/IMG]

Unfortunately, I am very familiar with that hazard. 6, right?

Bill M

Quote from Tiger, from ESPN, introducing a new term... Maybe he got it from johnny miller? "I was playing solidly all day, caught a bad mud ball at 10 and I hit a slice hook ... and then at 18, I hit another bad one,"

I assume his ball started slicing but when it realized it couldn't escape the pull of Lake Merced, it hooked.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I assume his ball started slicing but when it realized it couldn't escape the pull of Lake Merced, it hooked.

It's also possible that he dialed it in while the ball was on the face.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by phan52

Unfortunately, I am very familiar with that hazard. 6, right?

Yes, that was his 4th shot from @ 70 yards.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Geez, Luke Guthrie comes to making contact with the golf ball with his practice "waggle" when he's over the ball

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I can only tolerate watching this with the sound off.   No, it isn't Johnny Miller that's bugging me, but the incessant shouting and screaming by the morons on every shot.   The guy hollering while Thompson was putting was the worst.   Is it just me or does it seem moronic verbal outbursts here at the Honda is even worse than normal?

Originally Posted by Clambake

I can only tolerate watching this with the sound off.   No, it isn't Johnny Miller that's bugging me, but the incessant shouting and screaming by the morons on every shot.   The guy hollering while Thompson was putting was the worst.   Is it just me or does it seem moronic verbal outbursts here at the Honda is even worse than normal?

You hit every point.

1 - Johnny Miller isn't fun to listen to at all

2 - Poor Jack Nicklaus - both guys are leaning into him, they're not asking about the players in the tournament and letting him provide commentary, they're not asking him about the charity.  They ARE sucking up to him, asking about the history of his career, etc.  Jack's the greatest and handles it with such class, but this has to be a bit embarassing every time he gets to join these things.  Did you see his face go blank when Johnny MIller make the little 'big brother/little brother' comment?

3 - The Shouters are just getting worse and worse as the season goes.  they should do a background check on general sobriety, and an IQ test, before selling people tickets.

Bill - 

I like Miller (except when he messes up the Ogilvys).

I really can't take the yelling - and it's now every tournament - why doesn't the network mute their ultrasensitive mics so the idiots can't make naitonal TV?

I was happy to see a winner not sob like a baby.

Looking forward to the PGA making it to my neck of the woods in two weeks. I'm going to OD on watching the pros in person.......

Originally Posted by Clambake

This year they were really pushing "The Bear Trap" area with its outdoor bar as a place to party. The trouble is that the party people showed up and this is what happens.people are yucking it up while a golf tournament is being played around them.  It wasn't too bad on Friday, but the weekend brings out a different crowd. They need to stick to golf and leave the partying in the clubhouse away from the course. Hopefully they get the message.

Congrats to Thompson who finished in style.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!