IGNORED

Rory McIlroy walks off course at the Honda Classic

phan52
Note: This thread is 4041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rors needs a shrink ... he lets too much affect him, especially women ... possibly?  Of course, I can say that ... now. After a few marriages, you hopefully learn lessons.

He just needs to get married a couple of times over 6 months ... then he'll learn to let go quickly and get back to winning.

Supposedly, the old girlfriend showed up right before his Masters Meltdown, and some are speculating that Carolyn W. is causing his current issues. Ror's kryptonite may be young, hottish females and the problems that breakups cause.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

And Tiger offered Rory some advice  through the reporters who asked him about the incident,

James Corrigan offered an interpretation

I read the Tiger article, and it seems most people are assuming that Tiger is saying he shouldn't have initially said nothing was wrong with him.  However, I think it's unclear.  Tiger went on in that article to talk about how when you tweet or use online social media, the communication is "instantaneous."

I think it's at least possible that Tiger was saying Rory handled EVERYTHING poorly...from walking off mid-hole and mid-round, possibly being too honest in the parking lot, and later possibly using a poorly-thought-out excuse and wording on Twitter.

Then again, the most likely scenario is that Tiger was being intentionally vague because he, like us, doesn't know the whole story but recognizes that given the facts we do know, Rory made some mistakes somewhere and that in general he needs to be careful because he is going to be under a spotlight that only a handful of golfers in the history of the game are familiar with.

Run-on-sentence, ftw!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by clarkeycats

Maybe Rory just needs to do a Tiger, then his game might improve.

He's a young kid so every "serious" relationship he has at this age is gonna seem like nothing when he turns 35. Tiger was sloppy, he needs to call up Derek Jeter. I swear Jeter can make a nice living after he retires teaching these young rich guys how to enjoy the single life while you can. Jeter's "Batting Order" or "roster" is very very impressive. Thats why he's always smiling lol.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bplewis24

I read the Tiger article, and it seems most people are assuming that Tiger is saying he shouldn't have initially said nothing was wrong with him.  However, I think it's unclear.  Tiger went on in that article to talk about how when you tweet or use online social media, the communication is "instantaneous."

I took what Tiger was saying as "think before you give a stupid answer because when you revise it later you'll get called on it."

I didn't take it as "lie." More the opposite - take your time, tell the amount of truth you want to share, and things will be fine.

Tiger's WDed only five times in his career. He's given a perfectly plausible reason each time. 1995 when he hurt his wrist at the U.S. Open as an amateur, three times recently when he's had injuries (and not when shooting horrible scores, and often after making the cut), and once when a tournament was extended from February to August (that AT&T;).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wonder if Rory has a performance clause in his contract with Nike.  There are plenty of potential reasons for his poor play which have been identified here but I'd guess equipment isn't one of them.  I'm sure he's having a tough time dealing with the fame and financial headaches the Nike deal has generated.  Signing a contract like that has to be like winning the lottery, and he doesn't strike me as a kid that's comfortable with saying no to people that ask for handouts.  It could also be the girlfriend problems the press has alluded to, girls can mess with your head, especially if you're a young kid in a very public relationship.

The game has to change when you go from being relatively unknown to the guy in the spotlight.  Even when he gained the #1 status, people were still talking about and asking him about Tiger.  This is really the first year that Rory seems to be getting the attention usually reserved for Tiger.  Tiger's dad prepared Tiger well, he's always seemed like a loner and hardened.  Rory is a nice, likeable guy and it's got to be tough for him knowing he's now the guy everyone wants to beat and the press wants to talk about.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

If indeed, Rory's problem is due to CW, just look at what happened to Sergio when he broke up with Greg Norman's daughter.  His career went into a tailspin.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

So, who among us is best qualified to make a living advising tour players in matters of the heart, so as to avoid loss of performance on the track?   Mr. Desmond seems to have placed his hat in the ring.  Anyone else?

Not me, that's for sure.  Perhaps this should be the subject of a new thread.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

So, who among us is best qualified to make a living advising tour players in matters of the heart, so as to avoid loss of performance on the track?   Mr. Desmond seems to have placed his hat in the ring.  Anyone else? Not me, that's for sure.  Perhaps this should be the subject of a new thread.

I thought it was going to be Jeter.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by Chas

So, who among us is best qualified to make a living advising tour players in matters of the heart, so as to avoid loss of performance on the track?   Mr. Desmond seems to have placed his hat in the ring.  Anyone else?

Not me, that's for sure.  Perhaps this should be the subject of a new thread.

After 3 marriages, I went Hindu-Budhist Eastern Mindset with a touch of Catholicism...

i.e., Letting go of guilt and attachments.

If one assumes we all go crazy when we fall in love, I have experience. I've also found a way to get through it without the heartbreak. It's a secret.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Irish Media claim Rors relaitionship with Wozniacki behind meltdown

Hopefully this hasnt already been posted.

Reports in Ireland are claiming Rory McIlroy’s relationship with Caroline Wozniacki could have hit a rocky patch.

The Sunday Independent speculates that romantic issues and not teething pains are the reason behind McIlroy’s current woes.

The world number one stunned golf when he walked off the course after just eight holes of the second round in his defence of the Honda Classic in Florida.

McIlroy blamed his walk-off on a wisdom tooth pain – just minutes after he was photographed eating a sandwich on the course.

Close to tears, he also told a number of Irish reporters at the clubhouse that he was having a tough time mentally.

The paper claims that speculation is mounting that McIlroy’s meltdown is linked to his romance with tennis star Caroline Wozniacki.

McIlroy had said: “There’s not much I can say, guys. I’m just not in a good place, mentally.”

Reports on Sunday also claim that McIlroy will come clean on his latest issues at a press conference in Florida on Tuesday.

The Sunday Independent reports that tennis star girlfriend Wozniacki also crashed out of the Malaysian Open last week in what was one of the worst defeats of her career when she was beaten by a competitor ranked 186th in the world.

Former world number one Wozniacki claimed she was feeling unwell and had a high temperature.

The report adds that the pair, who are usually very communicative with one another over Twitter, have not publicly conversed on the social networking site for several days.

The Danish beauty was questioned about her future with the Irish golfer last week.

Asked about any marriage plans, Wozniacki replied: “I think that question will be for him to answer.”

Asked if she would accept if McIlroy proposed, she laughingly brushed off the question, saying: “This is getting personal!”

McIlroy’s current woes are being blamed on the ‘The Curse of Nike’ after his $250m deal to switch from Titleist to the multi-sports giant’s clubs in January

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-media-claim-Rory-McIlroys-relationship-with-Caroline-Wozniacki-behind-meltdown-194641921.html#ixzz2Man5M7eu

Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook

Some smart guy posted this a couple of days ago:

Originally Posted by Chris E

LOL Chamblee just called Wozniacki an underwear model on Morning Drive. I believe he thinks there is something up in his private life. I tend to agree.

No way a guy that good would fall like that because of clubs, especially when they are made exactly to his specs. It had to be something upstairs, and being #1 and winning majors seems to be a little more pressure than a sponsorship contract. He has the money, so why the pressure from that?

Shit hit the fan with his GF. He'll get over it. Let that be a lessen to all....if you advertise your relationship end the end you will end up looking like a fool. Better to suffer in the mirror than knowing your private life is all over the place. As John Lennon would say "you got to hide your love away" lol.

You know, I understand the backlash towards Rory for walking off but I have a real hard time being negative towards him. I think of it this way, he's definitely the best golfer in the world right now, no doubt there - but all that pressure is HUGE! At the end of the day he's a human like all of us. He just happens to have critics detaching every move and decision he makes. He seems like a very down to earth and relaxed guy, making him less of a celebrity and more comparable to an average person. Sadly I think he's a victim of the celebrity world and the pressure they put on athletes. I know it comes with the territory, but I still feel bad for him.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

One good thing for Rory Mcllroy… His dentist will give him a written excuse.

If in fact it is a problem with his GF, he won’t get any excuse from anyone, and will need to fabricate a “cover-up.” This is where it gets ugly.

--Spike

I'm gonna laugh if he ends up winning the Masters next month.

Also, I noticed this from the phone interview article:

Quote:
He also said he has been prescribed a painkiller, which he did not use on Friday but will use as needed until he next sees Conroy, most likely after the U.S. Open in June. At that time, his lower right wisdom tooth is expected to be pulled.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/rory-mcilroy-regrets-honda-classic-withdrawl-exclusive-interview#ixzz2Mdahfga5

For whatever it's worth...

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Yikes he isn't going to take care of it until after the US Open?  He had painkillers but didn't use them?

Who is advising this kid?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

exactly!! He has the money, power, and im sure connections he could of found a dentist or flown the dentist in that he sees and had it removed that afternoon or evening. He would of been good to go sunday or no later than monday. If it became something more, that would still leave tuesday and then wednesday to recover. Then if he had the surgery, it would give him an excuse if he plays bad this week at Doral. He could say not enough time to play, practrice, see course. But no way am I waiting months if it hurts so bad I cant play for 2 more hours.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

You all missed this?

Quote:

“It was a reactive decision,” McIlroy said in a 25-minute telephone interview on Sunday night, two hours after Michael Thompson won the Honda for his first Tour title. “What I should have done is take my drop, chip it on, try to make a five and play my hardest on the back nine, even if I shot 85. What I did was not good for the tournament, not good for the kids and the fans who were out there watching me -- it was not the right thing to do.”

Note: This thread is 4041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!