IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for the review.  Be sure to let us know how the real world results are once you get it and have some time to use it.

Gotta admit, I continue to be intrigued.  I love my Scotty, but if something else will put the ball in the hole with greater consistency, that's what this silly game is all about.

Looks like there's a fitter local to me here in Orlando too.  uh oh......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by David in FL

Thanks for the review.  Be sure to let us know how the real world results are once you get it and have some time to use it.

Gotta admit, I continue to be intrigued.  I love my Scotty, but if something else will put the ball in the hole with greater consistency, that's what this silly game is all about.

Looks like there's a fitter local to me here in Orlando too.  uh oh......

At the very least go it and do the fitting. If your club fits you, they'll tell you that and send you on your way.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Great review Tristan, you have me thinking about it now.

Will be very interested in what you follow up with.

Thanks for the time on writting this up.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

Great review Tristan, you have me thinking about it now.

Will be very interested in what you follow up with.

Thanks for the time on writting this up.

I think it should be here in time for our outing so you'll be able to see it then.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

At the very least go it and do the fitting. If your club fits you, they'll tell you that and send you on your way.

Do they adjust/vary toe hang too?  Is that part of varying the weighting?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Do they adjust/vary toe hang too?  Is that part of varying the weighting?

Yeah, they can alter the toe hang with the hosel... some cause the putter to be more face balanced while others have more toe hang.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Nice review!  How would you describe the feeling and sound off the face?  If the test ones do not have that face pixel milling, maybe you can let us know when it comes?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

I've done that. Once. Nobody else has aimed their putter well enough. And once you show them where they aim their putter, you don't have to sell them on building one they can aim - they're eager to.

And for the gal I did that to once, I did tell her to add 35 g of lead tape or so to the bottom of her putter and put a counter-weight in, because though she could aim it, she couldn't control her distances very well with the lighter version.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great read, Tristan!  Very excited for you ... and to see your new putter if it gets in in time!

I know from your review, as well as Clambake's and a lot of other talk on here that they are very thorough ... about how long did the whole process take?

I think it should be here in time for our outing so you'll be able to see it then.

That will be great, was looking at putters the other day and none of them was really to my liking at this point, other then the Ping.

So I will hold off and see what you get and how you like it.

Thanks again.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I actually called SDGI last week to talk about an Edel fitting session.  I didn't speak with Sheri, but her business partner.  He was patient, thoughtful and took all of my questions in stride.  I live in north Orange County, so it's not exactly convenient to get down there for a fitting, but I will strongly consider it, just by virtue of the fact that he was so warm and professional.

Thanks for the review, please post pics of your final product!  I putt pretty well with my putter now, but I admit I love the idea of applying science to the game whenever possible.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Originally Posted by carrx

I actually called SDGI last week to talk about an Edel fitting session.  I didn't speak with Sheri, but her business partner.  He was patient, thoughtful and took all of my questions in stride.  I live in north Orange County, so it's not exactly convenient to get down there for a fitting, but I will strongly consider it, just by virtue of the fact that he was so warm and professional.

Thanks for the review, please post pics of your final product!  I putt pretty well with my putter now, but I admit I love the idea of applying science to the game whenever possible.

Yeah, they were awesome over there. I know that Clambake dealt with both Sheri and Jack and he had nothing but great things to stay about both of them.

I really do recommend SDGI, but if it is too far for you and you still want an Edel go to Golf Academy/LA in Long Beach. They have an Edel fitter there.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Nice write up and sure that's going to be a sweet putter!

Can I ask one quick question about head weight? What's the basic relationship between that and distance -- i.e. if you're consistently short, say, would they add or remove weight?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I'd like to echo Tristan's perspectives and experiences.    I wrote up my experience in the "Seemore vs. Edel" thread so I won't go into the details here, but my Edel fitting was both eye-opening and educational.

I've had my new Edel for a few weeks and have only been able to get 3 rounds in with it, and while it is too early to be able to show statistically meaningful results I can absolutely so that it has made a significant difference in my putting.     Two of those rounds were on courses with notoriously difficult greens; on one of them I've only broken 80 once before there, but I shot a 79 on a somewhat poor ball striking day - I made up for it on the greens.

My distance control is much better, and I've only had a couple 3 putts in those rounds when I used to have a couple per round.   And of those two 3 putts one was just a total brain fade on my part and the other was one of those times where a 2 putt was simply impossible - putting from 45 feet downhill to a pin location that was impossible to stop coming from above, leaving a 12 footer return (that I lipped out).      Another area I've seen a big improvement is sinking those pesky 5-10 footers; here's where the improved aiming probably comes into play.    I used to miss way too many of those straight-nothing-to-it putts from this make-able distance, and I find myself nailing a lot more them, saving par and the occasional birdie.     Again, it is too early to be able to show that the Edel has reduced my putts per round by a specific number, but qualitatively I can absolutely see an improvement.

As Tristan indicated, I was impressed with both the fitters at SDGI and in my fitting I had both Jack and Sherri working with me.     And although I would certainly give them a high recommendation, I have no doubt that other Edel fitters will be equally as competent and easy to deal with.

• Administrator
Can I ask one quick question about head weight? What's the basic relationship between that and distance -- i.e. if you're consistently short, say, would they add or remove weight?

Stretch, what we typically find is that distance control is simply poor with improper weighting. We are simply trying to get someone to hit the ball the same distance – for example, to stop the ball on the string. People with improperly weighted putters cannot do it, regardless of how far away the string is. People with properly weighted putters can stop the ball on a string quite well. If I saw a golfer stopping the ball consistently 6 inches short of the string but all of the balls were 6 inches short of the string I would consider that a properly weighted putter; they would simply need to hit the ball a little bit harder. But you really never see that: a properly weighted putter lets the golfer know very quickly whether the ball be a little short or a little long when they make a stroke. Generally on slower greens you want a lighter putter and on faster greens a heavier putter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!