IGNORED

The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rose is leaking oil like a '73 Vega......!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I liked Tiger's two 'F**k yeah!"s after the eagle putt on 16.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tiger's record from this position is 41-2, and he's won here 7 times. A third win this early would be impressive. Only thing missing in his game now is majors. [quote name="colin007" url="/t/65581/the-2013-arnold-palmer-invitational-presented-by-mastercard/90#post_823466"] It looked to me like the club went down into the grass before he took his backswing. I could be mistaken...[/quote] Still not a penalty unless the club touched the ground.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

His ball landed short of the green on #8. It was on the side of the hill just past the pond but inside the hazard line. I saw him ground it 3 times! It was on Golf Channel coverage. He hit a good shot, and Frank Nobilo said " he will do good to come way with a 4". The way Nobilo said it sounded like he saw it too?! We will see.

all i can say is that i hope fowler wins.  i've always liked the guy because as outrageous as his clothes are, he has one of the coolest personalities on Tour.  IMO i always thought it would be cool if a really good player came on Tour with long hair and a bunch of exposed tattoos, since that would be so incredibly taboo for golf.  i think fowler is the closest thing we've got even if it's not close at all, but still i think uniqueness is very cool!

what a showdown either way...woods vs. fowler!

all i can say is that i hope fowler wins.  i've always liked the guy because as outrageous as his clothes are, he has one of the coolest personalities on Tour.  IMO i always thought it would be cool if a really good player came on Tour with long hair and a bunch of exposed tattoos, since that would be so incredibly taboo for golf.  i think fowler is the closest thing we've got even if it's not close at all, but still i think uniqueness is very cool!  what a showdown either way...woods vs. fowler!

Anyone else in first and I'd be rooting for Fowler, but I'm hoping Tiger brings it home. Or at least doesn't choke it away or something, that wouldn't bode so well for the Masters.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He's not hoisting the trophy yet, but 3 wins in 5 starts has to be "back" by anyone's definition. Unbelievable that he gets to that level with 3 different swings after massive overhauls (and periods of a year or longer with relatively poor play). If he wins 5 or more times this year with a major, which would be a clearly "dominant" year, then I would consider that an achievement on par with the Tiger Slam and the 08 Open.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by jamo

Anyone else in first and I'd be rooting for Fowler, but I'm hoping Tiger brings it home. Or at least doesn't choke it away or something, that wouldn't bode so well for the Masters.

Tiger is a great athelete and quite honestly i always loved him.  at this point though, i have never really been able to get over the personal stuff.

Tiger is a great athelete and quite honestly i always loved him.  at this point though, i have never really been able to get over the personal stuff.

Well, get over it. It's been four years. He's divorced, gone through a complete swing and life overhaul, and he has emerged on the other side a new and better man. He's about to recapture #1. That crap is in the past--I'm sure they have message boards at enquirer.com where people still give a crap.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

Well, get over it. It's been four years. He's divorced, gone through a complete swing and life overhaul, and he has emerged on the other side a new and better man. He's about to recapture #1. That crap is in the past--I'm sure they have message boards at enquirer.com where people still give a crap.

that's harsh...he's nearly a billionaire that can sleep with anyone he wants to and i'm just your average joe with an opinion.  maybe you should get over the fact that people still have morality issues with a man who clearly has morality issues.

at any rate i think a cheater is a cheater.  it's not at all like pedophilia, but would you want to live next to a child molester if your were promised he was reformed?  hell no, not unless he was your best friend or brother and you absolutely knew what the truth was.

Wow talk about jumping the rails. BTW Fowler is super straightlaced. He's not ever going to be the tour rebel. His young look is just that.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by k-troop

If he wins 5 or more times this year with a major, which would be a clearly "dominant" year, then I would consider that an achievement on par with the Tiger Slam and the 08 Open.

And the cut streak.

Originally Posted by David B

His ball landed short of the green on #8. It was on the side of the hill just past the pond but inside the hazard line. I saw him ground it 3 times! It was on Golf Channel coverage. He hit a good shot, and Frank Nobilo said " he will do good to come way with a 4". The way Nobilo said it sounded like he saw it too?! We will see.

Touching the grass is not grounding.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!