IGNORED

The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the last time Fowler was paired with Tiger on Sunday, Tiger won and Fowler shot like an 81. Memorial 2012. Hopefully both show up tomorrow and we get a memorable one.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tuffluck

that's harsh...he's nearly a billionaire that can sleep with anyone he wants to and i'm just your average joe with an opinion.  maybe you should get over the fact that people still have morality issues with a man who clearly has morality issues.

at any rate i think a cheater is a cheater.  it's not at all like pedophilia, but would you want to live next to a child molester if your were promised he was reformed?  hell no, not unless he was your best friend or brother and you absolutely knew what the truth was.

I never understood why ppl took this so serious. I don't see anything wrong with billionaire sleeping around with many beautiful woman. HECK who wouldn't? Sure he was married but what would you do in his situation if he's wife never puts out. I"m not saying it's right to cheat but if I had unlimited access to beautiful woman and my wife wasn't being good to me. It make sense sleeping around with different women. Please don't say things like "well he could have divorced and than slept around". I'm sure tiger was thinking of his kids, family life, media and money. Everyone has different morals, in my eyes tiger has done nothing wrong. we don't know his personal relationship with his ex wife. Every man has the right to do whatever he please.

For odd reason I never liked tiger until the crash. So he may have lost some of his fans but gain new ones.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I think the last time Fowler was paired with Tiger on Sunday, Tiger won and Fowler shot like an 81. Memorial 2012. Hopefully both show up tomorrow and we get a memorable one.

I hate how PGA and the media pushes this kid. You want fame go out and win like tiger. There's so many tour players who are a lot better than fowler that doesn't get any air time.

Originally Posted by colin007

It looked to me like the club went down into the grass before he took his backswing. I could be mistaken...

I remember watching this live.  He brushed the grass 2-3 times before addressing it one final time where a portion of the head went below the grass threshold.  However, the grass appeared to be very thick (like 3-4 inches or so), as evidenced by being unable to see the ball.  It seemed very likely to me that the club never came close to coming to rest on the ground.

Originally Posted by David B

His ball landed short of the green on #8. It was on the side of the hill just past the pond but inside the hazard line. I saw him ground it 3 times! It was on Golf Channel coverage. He hit a good shot, and Frank Nobilo said " he will do good to come way with a 4". The way Nobilo said it sounded like he saw it too?! We will see.

You're using the term "grounding" too liberally.  He touched the grass 2-3 times, but he didn't ground the club.

at any rate i think a cheater is a cheater.  it's not at all like pedophilia, but would you want to live next to a child molester if your were promised he was reformed?  hell no, not unless he was your best friend or brother and you absolutely knew what the truth was.

You'd probably be surprised to know how many "cheaters" there are living in your neighborhood and even in your own family.  There's plenty of "immorality" to go around.  Having said that, you're entitled to your opinion...although this is off topic and likely more suitable for a thread from 2-3 years ago.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Great to see Fowler right there on Sunday, hopefully he can make it interesting.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Tiger shot 67 to win and Rickie shot a ghastly 84. I hope he'll do better this time.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

that's harsh...he's nearly a billionaire that can sleep with anyone he wants to and i'm just your average joe with an opinion.  maybe you should get over the fact that people still have morality issues with a man who clearly has morality issues.

This is up there with a lot of "Special Ed" comments I have ever seen on a forum, but freedom of speech affords you the right to make such a statement. Enjoy it.

Tiger is a great athelete and quite honestly i always loved him.  at this point though, i have never really been able to get over the personal stuff.

Well, that's good for you. Hold on to that one very tightly.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Zeph

Tiger shot 67 to win and Rickie shot a ghastly 84. I hope he'll do better this time.

It almost makes that 67 more impressive. I know I tend not to play as well when I'm playing with someone who's chopping it around unless I can just block them out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This is up there with a lot of "Special Ed" comments I have ever seen on a forum, but freedom of speech affords you the right to make such a statement. Enjoy it.  Well, that's good for you. Hold on to that one very tightly.

What does that even mean? All I am saying is that is very silly for someone on an Internet forum to be disappointed that another person on an Internet forum thinks less of a rich athlete because of their infidelities. Why do Tiger lovers stick up for him like they actally know him?

What does that even mean? All I am saying is that is very silly for someone on an Internet forum to be disappointed that another person on an Internet forum thinks less of a rich athlete because of their infidelities. Why do Tiger lovers stick up for him like they actally know him?

Because I don't care about Tiger's personal life... I care about his professional career. I don't like him because he is a good guy, I like hi because he is a professional athlete. (one of the best of all time and history in the making) I'm rooting for Tiger today, I think his game has been solid, and he would be at -18 already if the last 3 holes hadn't put a damper on his game the first 2 days. I think if he plays the way he has been and gets by with pars on the final holes, he has a good shot. Fowler: I like him too, but I would have to agree this guy is way famous for 1 win ever, maybe he can make it 2 today.

Because I don't care about Tiger's personal life... I care about his professional career. I don't like him because he is a good guy, I like hi because he is a professional athlete. (one of the best of all time and history in the making) I'm rooting for Tiger today, I think his game has been solid, and he would be at -18 already if the last 3 holes hadn't put a damper on his game the first 2 days. I think if he plays the way he has been and gets by with pars on the final holes, he has a good shot. Fowler: I like him too, but I would have to agree this guy is way famous for 1 win ever, maybe he can make it 2 today.

And that's all okay with me. But bashing me for acknowledging he may not be a good person is absolutely ridiculous.

Curious if you've researched and hired private investigators to follow the golfers you do like so you can be 100% certain they aren't cheaters as well.  I'd guess more professional athletes cheat than don't, so while you're free to dislike Tiger for morality issues I'd make sure the ones you're rooting for are as squeaky clean as you think.  Remember, before that Thanksgiving night, we had no idea Tiger was cheating.

Joe Paradiso

I think we all agree that what Tiger did was wrong; if you enter into a monogamous relationship, then you should honor the parameters that you and your partner have set forth. And he broke them.

But holy crap, I mean, has any cheater ever taken more heat for he's done? He's lost millions of dollars, a bunch of fans and supporters, and went through a near three year stretch professionally where he was basically a non-factor.

If anyone has paid his dues, it's Tiger. He made a huge mistake, but he's paid for it. Plus, it seems that he and Elin have a courteous relationship, and honestly if they can get along fine then I think it's a non-factor.

I am rooting for Tiger to win, though Fowler winning wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I love his takeaway.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Fowler: I like him too, but I would have to agree this guy is way famous for 1 win ever, maybe he can make it 2 today.

He's more famous for wearing clothes that scream bad taste (and my wife agrees with me - calls him "the clown" along with Daly) than he is for  his success on Tour.

I'm pulling for Tiger too.  Jack has always been my golfing idol, but if Tiger ultimately breaks Jack's records, then he deserves the title.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

He's more famous for wearing clothes that scream bad taste (and my wife agrees with me - calls him "the clown" along with Daly) than he is for  his success on Tour.

I'm pulling for Tiger too.  Jack has always been my golfing idol, but if Tiger ultimately breaks Jack's records, then he deserves the title.

I agree with you, I'm too old and too large to pull off the outfits Fowler wears but I think he's good for golf.  Most kids I know don't want to wear the same clothes their dads do, so he has made golf apparel kid friendly.  At some point he may reach an age when he's not comfortable wearing those colors any longer but for now, I think he's helping to attract kids to the sport.

I also prefer Fowlers look compared to Daly or the outfits Poulter used to wear.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!