IGNORED

#Dufnering Takes Twitter By Storm!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Upvote 3

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Classic!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
C'mon now, let's see photos of you or your friends or family #dufnering!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/u2y5ezu9.jpg[/IMG]Roger Maltbie during rain delay

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Win McMurry:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/u2y5ezu9.jpg[/IMG]Roger Maltbie during rain delay

Maltbie is not Dufnering. That dude is just asleep!

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by iacas

My son Stephen

and me :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Comptoning, also known as the SuperDufner.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Best I can do for now. My sister and I (seven years old?) [IMG ALT="AppleMark"]http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/72133/width/640/height/1000[/IMG]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Sources: Dufner Facing Fine, Possible Suspension Over #Dufnering

Jason Dufner , whose slumped, indifferent posture became a national social media sensation under Twitter’s “Dufnering” hashtag , faces a sizeable PGA Tour fine and possible suspension for conduct unbecoming a professional golfer.

According to a well-placed source with direct knowledge of PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem’s thinking and speaking exclusively to GeoffShackelford.com , Dufner’s objectionable sitting position, zoned-out expression and subversive arm-tuck during a Dallas-area school photo-opportunity fueled unacceptable copycats around the country. Tweets by Dufner peers Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy, Brandt Snedeker, Keegan Bradley and Luke Donald distracted fans from last week’s Shell Houston Open and even had Finchem considering fines for the copycat Tweeters before he was talked out of that idea.

“Finchem felt the Dufner photo appearing on Deadspin was way worse than what Vijay [Singh] did and said Dufner even makes Tiger look like a choir boy because he dragged other players into this,” reports the source, who said a tour vice president pulled out his cell phone and offered to read some Tiger text messages to Joslyn James before Finchem rescinded the  comment. “Some people in the room tried to explain to him that it was helping the image of the tour by having players showing a whimsical side on social media, but he wouldn't have it. Finchem insisted after reading Dufner's explanation that Duf was a ‘subversive’ and needed to be taught a lesson. I haven’t seen him this angry since he found out his hair colorist was moving to Daytona.”

The source, who was privy to last Friday’s emergency PGA Tour discussions, said Finchem received pushback from several of his lieutenants for the first time since 2008 when he announced that their annual pay raises would not exceed 20% due to the stock market collapse. In the case of Dufner, the underlings expressed concern about negative publicity from a player suspension for seemingly harmless behavior, predicting that word of the normally secret fines would get out. Finchem strongly disagreed with those assembled in a tour headquarters conference room so much so that he reportedly went to a nearby wall and attempted to replicate “Dufnering.” Eventually after struggling to get the positioning to his satisfaction, Finchem jumped back up and declared, “I just don’t think this is funny in any way, especially around young fans and possible future First Tee participants!”

Dufner is likely to be notified of Finchem’s decision as soon as Tuesday. Meanwhile, when asked the status of the tour’s investigation into Vijay Singh’s admitted purchase and use of a banned substance under the PGA Tour doping policy, the source said it could be a year before Finchem feels assured that Singh wasn’t framed by Sports Illustrated .

This would explain a purported April 1, 2014 deadline Finchem has set for an end to the Singh investigation.

EDIT: April Fool's!

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I must believe that the above article is a pretty well written 'April Fools' joke. Good one!

Note: This thread is 3317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!