IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i actually dont mind garcia - hes just in the wrong sport.  he has the whiny disposition of some euro-tool soccer douche.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sergio is a big baby n i bet he plays par golf at best tomorrow.... than again im just a heavy set mediocre golfer who might have a few too many tonight lol

That's what Saturday nights are for, brother. Welcome to the Sandtrap!

Colin P.

Sergio is a baby. When they showed the split screen the applause had already started before he started his swing. If he wanted to be could've stopped and waited...

Colin P.

so much whine from him. his purse got in the way of a good shot

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Tiger was farther from the hole with plenty of spectators and trees between him and Sergio. Here's a clip of the Sergio interview [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opph_FLvrC8[/VIDEO] I was distracted a few times today when watching Sergio push down grass behind his ball in the rough before he hit his shot.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I was distracted a few times today when watching Sergio push down grass behind his ball in the rough before he hit his shot.

Me too... I've seen him do that a lot. I'm no rules guru, but I think he gets away with it because he's not pushing down the blades of grass that are immediately behind the ball, just the ones that are like an inch behind.

Colin P.

[quote name="uttexas" url="/t/66912/sergio-says-tiger-distracted-him-players-championship-3rd-round-2nd-hole#post_842397"] I was distracted a few times today when watching Sergio push down grass behind his ball in the rough before he hit his shot.

Me too... I've seen him do that a lot. I'm no rules guru, but I think he gets away with it because he's not pushing down the blades of grass that are immediately behind the ball, just the ones that are like an inch behind.[/quote] I have actually never noticed that. Will have to pay more attention tomorrow.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

YEAH...........all you wood fans see it ONE way (happened in middle of his swing-GHETTO move by wood) and want it BOTH ways! You seem to forget wood whining about cameras in the past-and what about woods' fans yelling at Sergio today when he was putting? Take THAT and shove it!

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Prediction: Tiger plays an indifferent third round, Sergio falls apart on the back nine, Westwood shoots a 68 and leads Tiger by two shots at the end of the day.

You had the first part right, and who knows, Sergio can still fall apart on the back nine tomorrow.  Although I have a feeling he's going to come out on fire.

So after assessing the situation with the Sergio/Tiger beef on the 3rd hole, I've come away with 2 thoughts:

1) I now understand why Sergio was thrown off.

2) There wasn't really any way Tiger could have known when to pull the club other than trusting the marshal.

It was pretty clear Tiger was barricaded in by the fans and he was 50 yards from Sergio.  Tiger says the marshal said he was clear to hit.  I have no doubt in my mind Tiger would not have intentionally tried to pull a club to sabotage Sergio, so like Nobilo said, this thing really just boils down to an unfortunate incident.

Then Chamblee goes on to list a litany of Phigjam complaints about Tiger over the years in order to imply that Tiger may have employed some sort of gamesmanship against a competitor he doesn't like.  However, it's pretty clear that when Tiger realizes that Sergio hadn't hit and was in fact swinging while the crowd was making noise, he shushes them.  There was no ill intent there.

Bottom line, the guys don't like each other and therefore there were no apologies given or asked for.  Tiger could have apologized and maybe this wouldn't be an issue.  But that's about all you can fault him for: not apologizing for something he didn't intend to do in the first place as a gesture more than out of obligation.  But when competitors don't like each other, those are the types of gestures that typically aren't made.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Bottom line, the guys don't like each other and therefore there were no apologies given or asked for.  Tiger could have apologized and maybe this wouldn't be an issue.  But that's about all you can fault him for: not apologizing for something he didn't intend to do in the first place as a gesture more than out of obligation.  But when competitors don't like each other, those are the types of gestures that typically aren't made.

I reckon he'll apologize right around the time Sergio apologizes for his extremely disrespectful comments at the 2002 U.S. Open. Tiger owes nothing to Sergio.

1) I now understand why Sergio was thrown off. 2) There wasn't really any way Tiger could have known when to pull the club other than trusting the marshal.

That's what I took away as well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Garcia's complaints - the reason he will not win a major.

He's got to man up.

I agree, that's why I predicted the pressure would get to him today.  I like Garcia, but he's not mentally strong and when you're golfing with Tiger, you have to be.  Tiger brings his own kind of pressure, but also bigger galleries.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by huskyhater

YEAH...........all you wood fans see it ONE way (happened in middle of his swing-GHETTO move by wood) and want it BOTH ways! You seem to forget wood whining about cameras in the past-and what about woods' fans yelling at Sergio today when he was putting? Take THAT and shove it!

Watch it again, his back was to Sergio when he pulled the club, he had no idea what Sergio was doing.  I guess you Tiger haters believe he's got eyes in the back of his head or maybe a lookout with a wireless ear piece so someone can tell him when to pull the club?  It wasn't the sound of him pulling the club, it was the fans reaction.  If you are going to golf with Tiger you better be ready to man up and handle pressure.

Garcia choked, like he usually does, that's why he has never lived up to his potential or won a major.  I guess you missed where Garcia was in Tigers line of sight while Tiger was putting, Sergio was fiddling around, trying to time the putt so he could run over and get a read for his putt.

Joe Paradiso

The Sergio distraction incident: much ado about nothing. Once again, Brandel Chamblee is on the scene.

Exactly, Sergio didn't blame Tiger, he blamed the crowd for making noise when he pulled his club. Tiger even 'shushed' the crowd as he knew Serg must have been preparing or taking his shot. Media kicking up a storm as it invlolves Tiger.

I've read the posts in the past about Sergio's whining, but yesterday I saw it first hand.

The guy has hit and played in a million tournaments and when a fan breathes too loud, he gets crazy?

The guy should switch sports to chess or backgammon so these things don't distract the poor guy.

Sergio sometimes looks as nervous as a dried up leaf in an autumn storm, out on the course. He's kept it somewhat together so far. Perhaps he can put together four good ones this week.

Originally Posted by colin007

wtf who is this lingmerth dude?  friggin short stack oompa loompa t-rex armed little man pec doofus...

cmon tiger!  get a good nights sleep, rest up.  sweet dreams, buddy!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!