IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Started the spring at a .7 countless rounds in the 80s has me at a 3.5 now, which will trend up to a 3.6 at next revision. 

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still holding steady, 17.3. I am getting a lot more pars and birdies, but they've been offset by one or two more 7s a round. Tee shots have been a struggle but I've been able to recover with better approaches, chipping/pitching, and putting. If I can get my tee game back under some sort of control I don't see any reason I won't be able to start trending down.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

On 7/25/2013 at 6:13 AM, David in FL said:

We seem to have a lot of posters who don't maintain a real handicap.  I'm curious as to why.....  I'm not talking about the guy that just started golf this year, or someone like Fourputt who's on something of a forced sabbatical, but rather the guys who play when they can and are serious/interested enough in the game to actually spend time on this forum.

Just to start....  Probably no surprise since I started the thread, but mine is correct, official, and current.  I try to remember to update with each revision if there's a change.  Unfortunately, it went up .2 on the 15th. :-(

On 7/25/2013 at 0:26 PM, Fourputt said:

1)  It is current to the point where I had to cease carrying an official handicap - current to my last round in April of 2012.

2)  My index was 12.6 as of my last official GHIN revision

3)  I haven't had any way to play, so no reason to continue paying a fee to keep a handicap which was never going to change

4)  n/a

Needless to say, when I play my first round of the year on August 23 (2013), after a 16 month layoff, my handicap and how I actually score will probably be separated by a gap as wide as the Pacific Ocean.  It's still the only thing I have to post, so there it is. :beer:

Since my return to the US and playing golf last year (2015) I joined a club without real estate that keeps handicaps through the Colorado Golf Association.  I joined with my old GHIN number, so my index started where it left off in 2011 at 12.6.  It gradually rose to a high of 18.4 at the end of last season, and I started this year right there.  This year I rejoined my old Men's Club, and I've played 5 qualifying rounds - 86 and 85 were tournament rounds, along with an 88, 90 and a 93 (93 was on the first day of the season, and only the second round since last October) - since the season opened, the last 3 in the mid to high 80's, so this revision my index dropped .4 to an even 18.  

If I continue my stellar play (it's all relative ;-) ), I hope to soon bring it down to around 15, but I'm just happy to be creeping in the right direction at the moment.  Last year I only had 5 rounds all season below 90, and nothing lower than 86.  I'm already ahead of that pace, so I'm not unhappy with even a little bit of progress in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

On 4/15/2016 at 3:53 AM, rkim291968 said:

It is down from 15.8 to 15.5, a 3rd straight time that my HI index stayed below 16.   

Great to see!!!!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Mine climbed to a 14.1

I feel my swing is much better but all the changes have messed with my yardages and misses.  No doubt it will be lower come the end of the year.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

This is my first update in this thread for 2016.  

I finished last year as a 0.7.   Through 14 rounds posted in 2016, it's only risen to 2.8.  The index will probably go higher because I still have a few good rounds from last year to "knock off".   I'm happy with the start of the year so far!!!   I've had years with much more dramatic spring "Climbs" to be sure!  I'll be happy when all the rounds from last year are gone and I can start the process of getting my game back into summer form.  

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Up to a 6.1 from a 5.3.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Down .3  to 29.2.

Almost time for the next revision...

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

image.png

Down 0.7 ?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yuck, 3 bladed chips in dry hard pan and one OB, and I'm no longer a single digit player. :-P

Going to work on my short game, and tee shots.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Down .7 to 17.3.  That's 1.1 strokes in the last month.  Hope I can keep it going.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Back down to 17.1 with a few recent swing improvements. Just need to keep at what I'm doing and hopefully I'll reach my safe goal of 15 this year.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Up .2 to a 16.3.  Expecting it to go up with the next revision as the next couple of rounds will knock off some of my best scores from last summer.  Overall, though, I'm much happier with the state of my game compared to where I was this time last year.

The good ole MVGA got my handicap sorted out and my first number is ugly. 21.9. That's up by more than a point from where I left off in August.

There's been a couple of bad rounds and nothing good so far this year. Getting a bit late now to be still blaming winter rust.

• 2 weeks later...

Down a bit more, 16.7 right now. Slowly but surely making my way towards the year's goal.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!