IGNORED

2013 PGA Championship at Oak Hill Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger looks mortal with the putter ... maybe it will warm up. It only takes one round.... not that I'm expecting it. You've got to watch.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is 10 back. Looks like we could very well have one of the young guys pick up a 2nd major.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Tiger's problem is the driver. He's all over the place. Get it in that rough, instant bogey.

I can't beleive Duff the Duffner lit it up today. Crazy good round on a tough course.

It will be Scott or Duffner thats wins the Clarit Jug.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Yukari

Keegan's club twirls are driving me nuts!!!!

Knock it off!  Geez!

I hate watching this guy's pre-shot routine.

Ya I know he's worse than that. I can't stand to watch that guy play. Just hit the goddam ball dude.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Tiger's problem is the driver. He's all over the place. Get it in that rough, instant bogey. I can't beleive Duff the Duffner lit it up today. Crazy good round on a tough course. It will be Scott or Duffner thats wins the Clarit Jug.

Phil already won the Claret Jug. This one is for the Wanamaker trophy

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Yukari

Keegan's club twirls are driving me nuts!!!!

Knock it off!  Geez!

I hate watching this guy's pre-shot routine.

Originally Posted by Motley01

Ya I know he's worse than that. I can't stand to watch that guy play. Just hit the goddam ball dude.

I don't know.  It's not like his routine is considerably longer than other players, is it?  It's just a little more eccentric.  So what if he jumps around and twirls his club for 20 seconds like he's on meth?  Other players stand behind the ball and stare at the target (or close their eyes and visualize) for 20 seconds.  Is one better than the other?  I don't think so, they're just different.

I don't think I'd like to see every player with a routine like that, but occasionally?  Yeah, it's nice to have a few goofballs who break up the monotony.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't know.  It's not like his routine is considerably longer than other players, is it?  It's just a little more eccentric.  So what if he jumps around and twirls his club for 20 seconds like he's on meth?  Other players stand behind the ball and stare at the target (or close their eyes and visualize) for 20 seconds.  Is one better than the other?  I don't think so, they're just different.

I don't think I'd like to see every player with a routine like that, but occasionally?  Yeah, it's nice to have a few goofballs who break up the monotony.

With Keegan, it's the eyes ... those crazy, intense eyes...

Great leaderbord so far! Big names up there! Interesting weekend! Can't really believe it, tiger is playing so well but just can't score! And i saw him only get to a pin on the left side off the green 1 time! All the others where way right off target

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Tigers done for but I think anyone within 5 shots still has a chance.  A couple of great rounds out there Webb breaks the course record on to be beat 4 hours later by Dufner.

It's made for some really good golf. I've enjoyed watching it so far and would love to see duff, Westwood, Hearn or Scott win.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

With Keegan, it's the eyes ... those crazy, intense eyes...

Not just the eyes. How about when he squats down and starts that extremely irritating (to me) sideways stare.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Tiger's problem is the driver. He's all over the place. Get it in that rough, instant bogey. I can't beleive Duff the Duffner lit it up today. Crazy good round on a tough course. It will be Scott or Duffner thats wins the Clarit Jug.

Oak Hill is in Duffner's top 5 all time favorites according to his twitter. He mentioned it Nov 2012. /puts down binoculars

As the greens speed up, Duffner will likely miss more putts.  I don't see him being in contention on Sunday.  I'm still betting on Scott or Kuchar to take it.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Motley01

Tiger's problem is the driver. He's all over the place. Get it in that rough, instant bogey.

I can't beleive Duff the Duffner lit it up today. Crazy good round on a tough course.

It will be Scott or Duffner thats wins the Clarit Jug.

Not sure why you can't believe it. Dufner is one of the best players out there without a major and is coming into this tournament in good form.

And Tiger's problem is more than the driver. He's missing putts and his irons aren't nearly as crisp as they were a week ago. He's way off his game right now.

Watch out for Stenson this weekend. Been saying it since day 1. He's the guy to watch out for and he's lurking yet again.

I'm predicting Adam Scott gets it done.

I'm late to the discussion. I still can't believe Jimenez tried to drive out of that thick rough.

And poor Woody Austin

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I really enjoying watching it actually. He's a character...I enjoy watching players that stand out.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I don't have a good idea of how this weekend is going to play out. There's no chance of rain Saturday or Sunday, so one must think the course is going to play firmer. There are too many good players in the mix, too many variables for me to be confident about any prediction beyond saying Tiger doesn't stand a chance. My gut says that the leader's mark has plateaued, and 8-under sounds like a good score to win it all. With 27 players under par after two days, that leaves a whole lot of guys within striking distance.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!