IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yep....just like the Niners players. Thank God we got a leader like Richard Sherman that called a players only meeting and said we're going to the Super Bowl an you can either come with or get the F out of the way. Browner was hurt an in last year of his contract. He made astupid mistake but we have plenty of depth ....he won't be missed...in fact he didnt even play against th Niners the past 2 games an we beat them by a combined score of 71-16. No Browner.....No problem.

Great leader? He would have been suspended last year too if it weren't for a technicality.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

loll...the sample was tampered with period. You're speculating.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

I have no room to talk as a Lions fan, and think the talk about it being Carrol's fault is a bit much, but why would anybody want to tamper with it?

On a side note, felt good seeing my Lions beat the Packers, even if it was without Rodgers. Been a loooooong time.

~Justin

I know there are very few (if any) raiders fans on this site but just another day in the office of take an early lead and piss it away. I think this is about the fourth game this season they have had at least a 2 touchdown lead just to blow it in the second half. On a more positive note this is the last season the raiders are hamstrung with dead money against the cap something to the tune of 50 million, I think once that money is freed up next year and Reggie McKenzie has a full draft to work with this team will finally start to put it together. The defense has been a real surprise for many around the league, the raiders have been able to get some pretty good returns on a depleted roster and late round young players, and of course QB Matt McGloin has done nothing but play very inspired for an UDFA rookie you can't help but pull for this kid he's always had to prove himself from high school up until now just because on paper he doesn't fit the measurables.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Off topic, you know everytime I see your user name it reminds me of a certain guy, hint; I'm a raiders fan. :cry:

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I think I saw something last week that the Raiders are leading the league, or near the top in 1st quarter scoring. Must be at the bottom in every other quarter.

~Justin

Yes Seattle has had our number lately, but big deal. Hawks fans are so concerned with what the Niners are doing. Put some hardware in your trophy case for cryin out loud. We got you guys at our house in a few weeks. Should be fun.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Yes Seattle has had our number lately, but big deal. Hawks fans are so concerned with what the Niners are doing. Put some hardware in your trophy case for cryin out loud. We got you guys at our house in a few weeks. Should be fun.

Sadly for you...the Hawks will have the division wrapped up and the number one seed by then so you'll have to watch our 2nd team kick the crud out of your starters while we rest ours...lolllll:-D:-P

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

KC Chiefs fans are finding out about Andy Reid and close games, something Philly fans are woefully knowledgable about.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

KC Chiefs fans are finding out about Andy Reid and close games, something Philly fans are woefully knowledgable about.

KC was 2-14 last year, they are 9-3 this season.  I'd say they found out Andy Reid wasn't the problem in Philly.

Joe Paradiso

I read that the refs blew another one in the Wash/NY game.  Their credibility is really taking a hit this year.  They had to send video to all the refs explaining what a "catch" was last week because of the reversal in the Miami/Carolina game.  Serious issues for the NFL.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't know what a catch is anymore anyway.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

Originally Posted by newtogolf

KC was 2-14 last year, they are 9-3 this season.  I'd say they found out Andy Reid wasn't the problem in Philly.

Andy Reid was the one who left the Eagles bereft of talent and took over a team in KC that had 6 pro-bowlers on their defense. Chip Kelly is the one who should be coach of the year.

Reid did the same thing in Philly he is doing now. He took over a team that had a ton of talent on defense and rode that to winning seasons. But once he got into big games he was overmatched because he could never adjust in-game. He maddeningly stuck to whatever failed game plan he started with. The Eagles got to big games all the time, but we all knew what was coming next...a deflating loss. And once the entire roster was made up of his choices and the guys he inherited were gone, the team went straight downhill. I don't know who the GM is in KC, but KC fans better hope it's not Andy Reid.

Bill M

Rule 27-2 Section 3.7

A catch is when the receiver completes the catch and demonstrates such completion by taking the ball with him back to the bench. The ball must remain in his possession for at least 5 seconds after entering the bench area between the two 30 yard lines.

(Just joking)

Andy Reid was the one who left the Eagles bereft of talent and took over a team in KC that had 6 pro-bowlers on their defense. Chip Kelly is the one who should be coach of the year.

Reid did the same thing in Philly he is doing now. He took over a team that had a ton of talent on defense and rode that to winning seasons. But once he got into big games he was overmatched because he could never adjust in-game. He maddeningly stuck to whatever failed game plan he started with. The Eagles got to big games all the time, but we all knew what was coming next...a deflating loss. And once the entire roster was made up of his choices and the guys he inherited were gone, the team went straight downhill. I don't know who the GM is in KC, but KC fans better hope it's not Andy Reid.

I wouldn't say that DeSean Jackson, Vick, Foles, McCoy, Maclin, Allen and Ryans is bereft of talent, but I agree Kelly has done a good job.  As a Jet's fan I'd take any of those guys I just listed over any on my team.

I'm not a big Reid fan but he took over a team that was 2-14, and he's turned them around from the previous coaching staff.  Bronco's are a good team with excellent offensive weapons, there's no shame in losing to them, it's not like they lost to the Giants. :-)

Joe Paradiso

I wouldn't say that DeSean Jackson, Vick, Foles, McCoy, Maclin, Allen and Ryans is bereft of talent, but I agree Kelly has done a good job.  As a Jet's fan I'd take any of those guys I just listed over any on my team.

I'm not a big Reid fan but he took over a team that was 2-14, and he's turned them around from the previous coaching staff.  Bronco's are a good team with excellent offensive weapons, there's no shame in losing to them, it's not like they lost to the Giants.

Like I said, he's been there, done that already in Philly. But he will never win a big game. 14 years of it, and I'm glad he's gone. Everybody in Philly is. There were a few years there where Reid had the best overall football team in the NFL, but they always under-achieved in the big games. Who knows how Chip Kelly will work out in the long run, but at least we have some hope.

Bill M

Nor do I know what holding or pass interference is.  You see one mugging and the refs are standing around twiddling their thumbs, then a couple of series later, a receiver trips over his own feet and they call a 40 yard penalty. :blink: The same sort of inconsistency applies to holding calls too.   And I can't tell you how many times the camera has caught a facemask foul which the refs missed.

They really need a full time overseer behind a TV screen who can call down on the "non-reviewable" penalties, or correct the calls where no penalty actually occurred.  Not an additional "review" booth, but one that works in real time and can be called down to stop play only on catching a mistake, as if there was another ref on the field.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Nor do I know what holding or pass interference is. You see one mugging and the refs are standing around twiddling their thumbs, then a couple of series later, a receiver trips over his own feet and they call a 40 yard penalty.  :blink:  The same sort of inconsistency applies to holding calls too.   And I can't tell you how many times the camera has caught a facemask foul which the refs missed.   They really need a full time overseer behind a TV screen who can call down on the "non-reviewable" penalties, or correct the calls where no penalty actually occurred.  Not an additional "review" booth, but one that works in real time and can be called down to stop play only on catching a mistake, as if there was another ref on the field.

I know from that other thread that you're not a basketball fan, but it's a lot like the charge/block call in basketball. It's almost impossible to call in real time, they're not allowed to review it, and the modern interpretation is a bit at odds with the original rule. (At least IMO. If I were to be made NBA Rulemaker for a day, I would get rid of the rule interpretation that allows a defender to slide under an offensive player who is driving to the basket just for the purpose of getting hit in the chest and falling backwards to pick up a bogus charge.) Personally, I advocate for the same thing in baseball as football and basketball: there should be an additional ref/umpire in the booth with the ability to quickly see a replay and relay a ruling to the field who has the authority to make calls. Tougher calls could be sent to the on-field refs to decide, but quick ones should be able to be made from the booth.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!