IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

And here it is, Infinity War trailer. Stick around for the end.

I knew they would be involved since the word infinity stone was mentioned in the movie :-P. Not really a shocker.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Kong: Skull Island gets a par from me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, iacas said:

I like that movie.   I thought it was the best of the Kong movies I've seen.  Par for me as well.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 hours ago, iacas said:

The Godzilla universe movies (all two so far) have the best opening sequences. I've not been keeping up with the storyline of the new one, I just don't see Godzilla going up against KK. Maybe they fight together. The answer is probably out there now. Kong's soundtrack really hit all the best of the Vietnam War era songs.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Has anyone seen The Room? A movie that's famous because it's so bad. It passes the threshold from bad to so-bad-that-it's-good. The plot is fairly straightforward. It's the dialogue, acting and script that makes it "good".

I haven't seen it myself, but the clips I've found on Youtube indicates it could be an entertaining experience.

Spoiler alerts, though the plot itself isn't the important part.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Bad Genius. Birdie. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Allied. Bogey. There could have been so much more to it. Yet the movie was slow slow slow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/3/2017 at 7:11 AM, Zeph said:

Has anyone seen The Room? A movie that's famous because it's so bad. It passes the threshold from bad to so-bad-that-it's-good. The plot is fairly straightforward. It's the dialogue, acting and script that makes it "good".

I haven't seen it myself, but the clips I've found on Youtube indicates it could be an entertaining experience.

Spoiler alerts, though the plot itself isn't the important part.

Yea I saw it several years ago because I felt I had to, due to its notoriety. I'm glad I did. It really is deliciously awful. The ending in particular is dumbfoundingly bad. 

I'll probably see the James Franco movie when it's streamable. 

The Room (2003) you will probably either find so bad it's funny/entertaining/disturbing... or you'll just find it bad. 

Constantine

Coco - Eagle. I would put this among Pixar's best, the music didn't grab me, may have to re listen to make sure, but great storytelling. 

Steve

Rom coms. You've Got Mail is overrated imho. Roxanne, The Truth About Cats and Dogs, The Night We Never Met - birdie

Steve

I cannot watch a movie where they use laser swords.  That is about the dumbest thing in the entire universe.  Seriously, is that the weapon of the future?  A laser sword?  A weapon that reaches all of 3 feet?  Come on. 

On 12/8/2017 at 4:50 PM, nevets88 said:

Coco - Eagle. I would put this among Pixar's best, the music didn't grab me, may have to re listen to make sure, but great storytelling. 

Same for me.  Eagle.  Pulling on heart strings...had my wife in tears.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

You've Got Mail is overrated imho

I like the movie. Tom Hanks makes acting look so easy. The movie has a good pace to it. I'll take good acting and good pacing. I think Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan have good chemistry.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, nevets88 said:

On my list of movies to see. I love Pixar movies. They have an amazing ability of making very good movies.

1 hour ago, Marty2019 said:

I cannot watch a movie where they use laser swords.  That is about the dumbest thing in the entire universe.  Seriously, is that the weapon of the future?  A laser sword?  A weapon that reaches all of 3 feet?  Come on. 

Not necessarily our future. It's called world building. Suspend your disbelief a bit :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

3 hours ago, Marty2019 said:

I watch movies to be entertained.   Somewhere in a parallel universe I'm sure a light saber is a real thing.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My favorite Pixar movies:

1. WALL-E
  2. Up
  3. Ratatouille
  4. Inside Out
  5. The Incredibles
  6. Coco

Steve

6 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I watch movies to be entertained.   Somewhere in a parallel universe I'm sure a light saber is a real thing.  

That's ridiculous.  They have space ships but they fight with light sabers?   What kind of idiotic weapon is that?  If someone pulled a light saber on me, couldn't I just pull out a pistol and shoot them?  All they have is this idiotic light saber that doesn't reach beyond 3 feet.  How dumb is that?   I think a 3-iron  would probably be as good a weapon as a light saber. 

Edited by Marty2019

6 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

That's ridiculous.  They have space ships but they fight with light sabers?   What kind of idiotic weapon is that?  If someone pulled a light saber on me, couldn't I just pull out a pistol and shoot them?  

Clearly you lack any breath of knowledge upon this subject and are just trolling now. :doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag