IGNORED

Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score

david_wedzik
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

but trying to play full rounds and never hitting the same club twice?

Not really.

I typically only spend at most 10 minutes on the greens to practice my fell of the slopes and get the stimp etc....

I do, however, spend a big part of my practice trying to chip. Would you guys say that's more wasted practice or good practice?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You never try to visualize yourself playing a course on the driving range?  First hole driver 9 iron etc.?  I used to just hit hundreds of balls a day, but I found that my biggest issue was when I move from club to club on the course.  The setups are different for each club (e.g. 4iron is different from pitching wedge).

I always found that helpful versus just hitting a bunch of balls with the same club...

• Administrator
I always found that helpful versus just hitting a bunch of balls with the same club...

Kind of OT for the thread, but "just hitting a bunch of balls" is not what we recommend either, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You never try to visualize yourself playing a course on the driving range?  First hole driver 9 iron etc.?  I used to just hit hundreds of balls a day, but I found that my biggest issue was when I move from club to club on the course.  The setups are different for each club (e.g. 4iron is different from pitching wedge).

I have yes but I don't switch clubs every shot. I can't give any details away but I will say there are lots of great practice suggestions/drills/games in the book.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Got home last night and a box was waiting outside the house.

Got excited for a second that it was my copy of the book...and then was woefully disappointed when it was a birthday gift for my girlfriend from her sister.

She asked me if what I thought of the gift and I guess I was still disappointed because she asked me if I didn't like it.  Haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Taking the train back home fr Glennwood Springs this evening and I'm hoping to find a package waiting for me either today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it a lot. Is it being shipped through the US Postal Service or through UPS/FedEx? Just wondering if I have to go to the post office to pick it up or if it'll be at my door when it comes.

• Administrator
Taking the train back home fr Glennwood Springs this evening and I'm hoping to find a package waiting for me either today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it a lot. Is it being shipped through the US Postal Service or through UPS/FedEx? Just wondering if I have to go to the post office to pick it up or if it'll be at my door when it comes.

All were sent yesterday or today via USPS Media Mail. International orders were all shipped today via International First Class mail (or whatever - about $12-$18 each).

Media mail takes a bit longer, but a package we sent Saturday arrived in Buffalo on Monday, so…

They do have tracking #s. If you PM me your name I can get them to you… it might take me a few hours though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

All were sent yesterday or today via USPS Media Mail. International orders were all shipped today via International First Class mail (or whatever - about $12-$18 each).

Media mail takes a bit longer, but a package we sent Saturday arrived in Buffalo on Monday, so…

They do have tracking #s. If you PM me your name I can get them to you… it might take me a few hours though.

Cue a flood of PM's arriving into @iacas 's inbox. (including mine!) ;)

Christian

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Cue a flood of PM's arriving into @iacas's inbox. (including mine!) ;)

Not me.  I can wait.  I realize Erik offered, but I don't really want to bother him.

• Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Late to the party, but just purchased my copy!!

+1

Just ordered.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Not me.  I can wait.  I realize Erik offered, but I don't really want to bother him.

Eh, if it was a bother for him, I don't think he would have offered.

Christian

• Administrator

Eh, if it was a bother for him, I don't think he would have offered.

Pretty much.

It takes me 30 seconds. I log in to stamps.com, check the shipping history for your last name, and copy and paste the tracking #.

It's USPS Media Mail, so it's barely updated once every day or two, but it's something, and it provides an estimated arrival date.

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/71214/lowest-score-wins-a-first-of-its-kind-golf-book-for-anyone-who-wants-to-lower-their-score/306#post_1007572"]   Not me.  I can wait.  I realize Erik offered, but I don't really want to bother him. [/QUOTE] Eh, if it was a bother for him, I don't think he would have offered.

I apologize. When I read my post it definitely sounded snarky.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

FYI: All the way across the country, mine says "expected delivery date June 24, 2014."

Mine's the 23rd. Suck it! :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!