IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

YES!!! I see a number higher than 3!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It will be a balmy -14* when I wake up for work tomorrow!  On a brighter note, the Minnesota golf show is this weekend, and I plan on taking full advantage.  This will give me a little bit of hope that someday I will soon be able to play golf again.

Any one else on this thread have a golf show coming up?  At this point hitting a few balls into a net will feel like teeing it up at Pebble Beach.

I can't take much more of this....

Leaving for five days tomorrow, pebble here we come, weather looks great. Can't wait! Black horse , pebble(two rounds), Spanish bay(two rounds), spyglass, Monterey cc and San Juan oaks on the way home. That SHOULD knock the rust off!

4"-8" of snow in forecast for Washington DC area, yuck!  March can't get here soon enough.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

here in south jersey things have been bad. no courses playable. good thing i found a simulator in center city phila i can play. i got to play dorel a few weeks back on it

3 degrees Fahrenheit this morning on the drive in to work. Hopefully I can get some time in at the indoor practice facility at my club a couple of nights this week because more snow is coming Thursday. This winter has just been brutal.

1 degree on the drive in to work, 10-14 inches of snow predicted for Thursday-Friday.  Spent 2 hours hitting into the net in my garage last night and realized I'm slowing loosing my mind and cabin fever is setting in.

I'm contemplating devious, evil things. :blink:

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Got out to the Philly Golf Show this past weekend, good time, got to hit some balls and even got a good lesson while I was there. Thought that would help me get my fix but only made me want to get out even more. Weathers been brutal lately and more snow forecast for this week...can't take it any more, gotta get out soon...SERENITY NOW!!!

Got out to the Philly Golf Show this past weekend, good time, got to hit some balls and even got a good lesson while I was there. Thought that would help me get my fix but only made me want to get out even more. Weathers been brutal lately and more snow forecast for this week...can't take it any more, gotta get out soon...SERENITY NOW!!!

Serenity now...insanity later. haha

Serenity now...insanity later. haha

Insanity NOW! Serenity later.:loco:

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

how was the show? i was going to go, but the second the wife found out i had a sunday off she decided we were going bowling instead

I had a great time at the show and would go again if it comes back. It was basically an indoor golf "flea market" and there seemed to be a lot of good deals on clubs, particularly used ones and/or older models. Only draw-back is that it didn't seem as though you could demo specific equipment while you were there. There was a demo area, but I'm pretty sure that was for the newer models only. So if you go with an eye toward buying something, I'd recomend having a good idea of what you want ahead of time since you probably won't get a chance to test it out while you're there. Good number of travel agents there as well for those looking into golf trips. Best part for me was the free lessons. Had to wait awhile for them, but it was well worth it. They had a good number of fairly well known area instructors there. I've been looking into lessons for the upcoming spring and I just happened to get paired up with one of the instructors who was on my short list and is in my area. We got along well so makes my decision to go with him for real lessons a lot easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzcapri

how was the show? i was going to go, but the second the wife found out i had a sunday off she decided we were going bowling instead

I had a great time at the show and would go again if it comes back. It was basically an indoor golf "flea market" and there seemed to be a lot of good deals on clubs, particularly used ones and/or older models. Only draw-back is that it didn't seem as though you could demo specific equipment while you were there. There was a demo area, but I'm pretty sure that was for the newer models only. So if you go with an eye toward buying something, I'd recomend having a good idea of what you want ahead of time since you probably won't get a chance to test it out while you're there. Good number of travel agents there as well for those looking into golf trips.

Best part for me was the free lessons. Had to wait awhile for them, but it was well worth it. They had a good number of fairly well known area instructors there. I've been looking into lessons for the upcoming spring and I just happened to get paired up with one of the instructors who was on my short list and is in my area. We got along well so makes my decision to go with him for real lessons a lot easier.

i went to it back in 09 had fun been trying to get there again but never had the time off

4"-8" of snow in forecast for Washington DC area, yuck!  March can't get here soon enough.

ugh.  I'm planned on driving from Rockville to Worcester MA Thursday night....

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5