IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Michigan, Massachusetts, Connecticut redditors posting photos taken during recent warm spell winter rounds. Nice hat Daniel Boone hipster dude.

3bae6b10f6e04f04b840afa5232de7fb.jpegxYEBBmS.jpgxSLXTg8.jpgQVDCJQX.jpg

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

Doesn't sound very depressing...

It wouldn't matter if the courses up here were clear of snow (they're not) with temps in the 70's. They won't open until April.

This warm weather has at least allowed me to practice outside. So a little less depressing.

• Upvote 1

Jon

I did not play, but with no snow in the yard and temps in the 40s, I have been hitting in the backyard into a net. I am focused on drills and really don't want to spend $30/hr at a simulator. If this keeps up, I will get a lot of practice in.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It may have been the last two-day weekend I get in a while, but it was crazy warm and I got out both days. That's the good part.

My complete and total inability to hit a fairway wood was the bad. The 5-wood has historically been my most faithful rescue club. It's the one that takes my forever too-short drives and gives me a solid shot to save par. Not this weekend. Fats, thins and a few huge, wild hooks were all I could get out of it. Every other club was at least up to typical performance levels, but not having that one on the longish Eagle course was a killer.

It's a bit bitter considering I won't really get a chance to work on anything until late April.. 

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

Well I'm depressed that I after I move south there is warm weather up north that I could have played in. :mad:

You'll get over it after we have our next blizzard. :-P

Scott

My Swing Thread

Even here in "sunny California" it has been so wet that my wife, son (our newest playing partner) and I agreed after the last round to stop playing in the winter - opting to just practice on the range vs. spending the dough to go lose our tee shots in the middle of the fairway when they go a foot into the mud. We're in norcal. It's been a mess.

When I worked for a company that was based in Minneapolis many years ago (our satellite office out here) the management would all come out just to play golf (boondoggles). I could tell those Minnesotans love their golf. That's when I started playing...

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

I have not paid much attention to this thread in the past as I always spent my Winters in places you can play. But things change and we are still at the "summer house" and it is winter here. So I share your misery these days as I see more snow is coming today & tomorrow. But you know there are also days with blue sky and 45-50 degrees sunshine and one of the local courses it open all year. The weather reminds me of when we lived in Denver, CO. What I miss most is having a close by practice area. Of course I would like to play more often, but I can live with this for this year.

Butch

17 minutes ago, HitAndGiggle said:

my wife, son (our newest playing partner) and I agreed after the last round to stop playing in the winter - opting to just practice on the range vs. spending the dough to go lose our tee shots in the middle of the fairway when they go a foot into the mud. We're in norcal. It's been a mess.

Agreed. It's not worth trashing your cleats and your clothes. 

We're finally done with the recent spat of downpours in my area. . .maybe this week/weekend I can get in some golf?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, No Mulligans said:

Played this weekend.  Got drenched.

20170121_112921.jpg

20170121_103653.jpg

20170121_093151.jpg

I can only imagine, but that's how I want to keep it. In my imagination. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hope you don't have one. I would be depressed for you. ;-)

In New England, it's not if, it's when. Late winter Nor'easters are better because it melts fast. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

In New England, it's not if, it's when. Late winter Nor'easters are better because it melts fast. 

I thought it was a nor'eastah. :-P

i haven't played since December. I might as well be in Ohio. :cry:

- Shane