IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

In the winter, I'd like nothing more than a nice 40° day with a torrential downpour of rain. Clears snow and ice right up. Hopefully we get one soon, but it's looking like snow and more snow here in NY.

That would have been good, except we got a 32° day with torrential downpour, followed by a 25° day. Here are some pictures from today: The street is on the north side of the house, so this ice will be here for a while.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In the winter, I'd like nothing more than a nice 40° day with a torrential downpour of rain. Clears snow and ice right up. Hopefully we get one soon, but it's looking like snow and more snow here in NY.

Yeah, like @billchao said and showed. Around here that's a guaranteed skating rink. Makes the snow seem down right friendly.

Yeah, like @billchao said and showed. Around here that's a guaranteed skating rink. Makes the snow seem down right friendly.

What's worse is I can't get my van out of its spot. Was going to go to the indoor simulator place, now I have to deal with that instead. Talk about depressing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Fairly mild (32 degrees F) in my part of Virginia today, clear and dry. First trip to the range since before Christmas with no golf played in between. The ice-cold, rock-hard range balls felt like ball bearings off the face of my driver. Hit my irons nicely, all the way through to my 4 iron. The driver was a very different story.

I'd been playing around with this advice a bit last season, with some reasonable results:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2012-02/sean-foley-down-driver

A few months off, and resuming on a cold day, the results were far, far from pretty. Very high, and spinning horribly left. God knows what was going on. Got back on to my more usual swing path with my driver after however many balls - nothing special, though - straight(ish) and no more than 200 yards of carry.

Much work to do in the Spring...

Snow shoveling tips from The Onion

http://www.theonion.com/articles/snow-shoveling-tips,37929/

In the midst of heavy winter blizzards, digging yourself out of the drifts can be both an inconvenient chore and a dangerous task linked to fatigue and heart attacks. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind while shoveling snow:

Before heading outside to shovel, do your best to reverse the 40 years of poor health choices that have put you at high risk for getting a heart attack.

Taking a few minutes to stretch before shoveling is a great way to unnecessarily prolong an already unpleasant chore.

Bending from the back can damage your spine; always damage your knees instead.

Prevent snow from sticking to your shovel by coating both sides in a layer of butter.

Throw the snow over whichever shoulder you’d like; no need for superstition.

Pace yourself and take a five-minute break for every 500,000 snowflakes you shovel.

Be sure to wear a frostbite whistle at all times.

Stay hydrated by shoveling every third load of snow directly into your mouth.

As much as possible, try living in a condo building.

If all else fails, pay a real man to do it for you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Local weekend weather forecast has gone from heavy snow to light snow to apparently now freezing rain. I think I'll try to convince my wife that I need to go to the TaylorMade product release event Saturday morning to try and get a free sleeve of balls. Like the weather, my plans may also change due to factors beyond my control.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

It's supposed to be in the forties over the weekend but there is still considerable snow cover on the course. Even if it melts, it'll be a muddy mess, so I will probably pass.

Gonna start some indoor hitting with the pro next week. Light at the end of the wintry-mixed  tunnel.

Bill M

14° right now with falling temperatures all day.  I think that I will do some putting the basement with the dog and cat. :~(

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

F****** cold evey day...HS baseball season starts in 3 weeks - that is going to be brutal.

Leave for Miami on March 5 for couple day golf trip, crossing fingers it is reasonable to play by the time I return.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Two or three inches of snow is still on the manor and a 34-degree high today isn't going to help much. But, Saturday is supposed to be 42 and Sunday is supposed to be 45. So ... there might be a chance. Or maybe I'm deluding myself.

70s today. Tempted if not for deadlines. Ugh.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Uh oh.....sunny and mid 60's here in KC tomorrow/Saturday!   I'm pumped!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

We get the same in St.Louis. Got an 11:28 tee time. Course will probably be a swamp and swamped but I'm not complaining.

@big stoke

Don't put your response inside the quote.  Put it below otherwise your response will not show up in subsequent posts.

Scott

My Swing Thread

[quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1410#post_1103140"] @big stoke Don't put your response inside the quote.  Put it below otherwise your response will not show up in subsequent posts. [/quote] We have the same forecast in St.Louis. 11:28 tee time today. Course is going to be wet and crowded but I'm not complaining. Thanks for pointing that boogie.

I played today...........WOW...what a beautiful day..I played and it was GREEEAAT!   We'll have more of the same great weather tomorrow, but I have bowling plans with my son so I'll have to take a pass on golf.   I need to get my quality father-son time......

He's 12yrs old and now carries a 200 league average!!   We have some epic battles because he's nipping at my heels.....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

We're getting another 12 - 18 inches of snow today and tomorrow.  There is no place to put it. :pound:

Scott

My Swing Thread