IGNORED

Holy crap, I'm gonna play golf with Graeme McDowell!

David in FL
Note: This thread is 2625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That is fantastic, David!  Good wrap up too.  Can't wait to hear more. P.S.  Just curious ... what is the penalty for signing a scorecard that was incorrectly dated? :-P

I didn't even notice that. :-O Damn Irishmen.....give 'em a couple of beers and they don't even know what day it is! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did you sample the grub at his restaurant?

Had a couple of appetizers. Really good. Not stupid expensive either. Wifey and I are gonna give it a try one of these days.

In David's bag....

Had a couple of appetizers. Really good. Not stupid expensive either. Wifey and I are gonna give it a try one of these days.

It looked pretty good when they did a thing on him on GC. I'm sure you had more on your mind but as a foodie I had to ask. I like eating at least as much as golf.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

Number 5:  A short, 333 par-4 that dogs to the right around a lake.  I hit hybrid down the middle, almost going through the fairway, but end up ok with 128 to the pin.   Graeme says nice shot, but this is how you play this one......and jacks it right at the green.  By my rangefinder, the carry over the water was 285, and he must have carried it with 30 yards to spare.  He left himself 10 yards from the front, with a middle pin sitting on top on the second tier.  Promptly chips in for eagle 2.  I knock mine off the back edge into 3" deep Bermuda rough, and end up with 5.  Not my proudest moment from 128 yards, but pretty well ignored because of the deuce.

Sounds like gamesmanship to me!!!! You mean to tell me he didn't have the honor on that tee box? No wonder the Euros keep winning the Ryder Cup… Hmmmmmmm…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What kind of beer does Gmac drink.

Beer? More like Irish whiskey on the rocks would be my guess.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Guinness.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I was a little surprised. I'm a Guinness man, and expected the same from him, but he was drinking Lagunitas IPA.

In David's bag....

Dave, that is really cool. May you win again!

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, you look in great shape!

Now that we know what you look like, maybe you can start a MySwing thread. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I was a little surprised. I'm a Guinness man, and expected the same from him, but he was drinking Lagunitas IPA.

Maybe he doesn't like his Guinness cold? I used to be a bartender, and this one time two Irishmen came into town on a business trip and they complained that Americans served Guinness cold.

Of course, they could have just been pulling my leg.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Dave, that is really cool. May you win again! Thanks for sharing. BTW, you look in great shape! Now that we know what you look like, maybe you can start a MySwing thread. :-)

Not bad for an old, arthritic Marine, huh? ;-) I'll tell you what Graeme said about my swing when I continue this..... :~(

In David's bag....

Very cool. Some of the better reading I've had on here. The coolest part about this (for me anyway) is I can tell people " yea I know a guy who golfed with Graeme McDowell.." Thanks David for the update.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

All this time leading up to it and it probably felt like you were no more than an hour on the course with him huh. ;-)

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Sounds like gamesmanship to me!!!! You mean to tell me he didn't have the honor on that tee box? No wonder the Euros keep winning the Ryder Cup… Hmmmmmmm…

LOL..... You might be right! We went off at 1:40 though. Sunset at 5:30 so we knew we had to move and pretty much played ready golf all along. Made it around in 3:55, taking almost 10 minutes at the turn, with pics and goofing around all along the way. Not like we didn't hit the ball A LOT of times along the way too...... ;-) As we've said before, even mediocre (at best) golf on a relatively tough, unfamiliar course doesn't have to be slow! :beer:

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!