IGNORED

Best Cereal of All Time

iacas
Note: This thread is 3779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hmmm… lots of good ones. Two favorites are probably Cap'n Crunch and Golden Grahams

Ooooohh. I have not had Golden Grahams in a long time. They are good. I will have to pick some up next time to the store.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple Jacks was always one of my favorites.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Cocoa puffs with chocolate milk

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Slow cooked oatmeal (milk, dab of butter, cinnamon, sliced fruit, etc)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Rustopher, you're a 38D?  Impressive I'm sure.

As far as the topic, i quit the processed cereals long ago. Now i go for steel cut oats soaked o'nite in hot water, no need to cook. High in protein, fiber,  complex  carbos. Also eat lots of rolled oats, same nutrition different texture and chewy-ness. Add some raisins or fresh fruit. No animal fats please.

Guinness.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

As I read down the line all the cereals, it's scary, but I vividly remember all the commercials:

• The Sugar Crisp bear
  • Cheerio eeeoo eeeooo!
  • Frosted Lucky Charms - they're magically delicious! (they're magically, delicious)
  • Frosted Flakes, they're ggggrrreeeeaaattt! Tony the tiger thrusting arm up with pointed finger.
  • I'm coco for Coco Puffs! Coco arghhhh! Some cartoon character going gonzo.
  • A is for Apple, J is for Jack,  Cinnamon-toasty Apple Jacks! Kellog's Apple Jacks! Apple Jacks Apple Jacks Apple Jacks Apple Jacks

Holy way back machine Batman!

Excuse me while I cry for my lost youth :cry:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Guinness.

@Ernest Jones , not what you pour on cereal, but the cereal itself!

As a kid, The Captain was THE cereal with Count Chocula as close second.  Now Raisin Bran Crunch with skim milk for my old and busted body.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I really liked Life cereal and Corn Puffs.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So has anybody tried these?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

1. tucker08 Apr 3, 2009 05:20 PM

OMG!!I

thought I was all alone in my dreams of having a "Jethro" size bowl of TEAM flakes. I haven't been able to scracth that itch in 20 years. My wife and I were sking in Tahoe right after we got married when we went grocery shopping. I found TEAM flakes on the shelf and my new wife started to wonder why this man she had just married was getting so worked up over a "box of cereal".TEAM was never just a "box of cereal" .

1. RosiePosie88 Mar 28, 2009 01:51 PM

Michael, no, you're not alone. I was born in late 1962 and my dad raised my brothers and I on Team Flakes crispy goodness. About 15 years ago, I called Nabisco and asked them why they never advertise this wonderful cereal anymore, to reintroduce it to the children of a new generation, and I was told that there were many new cereals out there and competition was ferocious. I reminded them that Corn Flakes had recently begun a new ad campaign, "Try them again for the first time," to introduce them to our children of the '90's, and the ad was amazingly successful. Why not Team? I was told it wasn't going to happen. I just went to the Kraft website (they now own the rights to Nabisco, the company which made Team Flakes) and there is no where to post a comment or request to reintroduce this wonderful cereal, only a list of frequently asked questions, none related to Team Flakes. I miss that wonderful 4-grain taste. The only flavor I've found that's remotely close is the rare 4-grain Chex cereal, which maintains the flavor of Team, but not the flaky texture. I also LOVED that the cereal stayed crispy to the bottom of the bowl, a huge treat. And their recipe for Team Flakes Chicken (on the side of the box) was our favorite, hands down. I still make it today, but I use Special K, the closest flake cereal to offer an even remotely similar flavor and texture to Team. How I wish there were a way to encourage Kraft Foods to consider reintroducing this wonderful cereal, in light of today's healthier eating goals. Such a wonderful memory.

[*]
      [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87544/] [/URL] tucker08 Apr 3, 2009 05:20 PM

OMG!!I

thought I was all alone in my dreams of having a "Jethro" size bowl of TEAM flakes. I haven't been able to scracth that itch in 20 years. My wife and I were sking in Tahoe right after we got married when we went grocery shopping. I found TEAM flakes on the shelf and my new wife started to wonder why this man she had just married was getting so worked up over a "box of cereal".TEAM was never just a "box of cereal" .

[*]
      RosiePosie88 Mar 28, 2009 01:51 PM

Michael, no, you're not alone. I was born in late 1962 and my dad raised my brothers and I on Team Flakes crispy goodness. About 15 years ago, I called Nabisco and asked them why they never advertise this wonderful cereal anymore, to reintroduce it to the children of a new generation, and I was told that there were many new cereals out there and competition was ferocious. I reminded them that Corn Flakes had recently begun a new ad campaign, "Try them again for the first time," to introduce them to our children of the '90's, and the ad was amazingly successful. Why not Team? I was told it wasn't going to happen. I just went to the Kraft website (they now own the rights to Nabisco, the company which made Team Flakes) and there is no where to post a comment or request to reintroduce this wonderful cereal, only a list of frequently asked questions, none related to Team Flakes. I miss that wonderful 4-grain taste. The only flavor I've found that's remotely close is the rare 4-grain Chex cereal, which maintains the flavor of Team, but not the flaky texture. I also LOVED that the cereal stayed crispy to the bottom of the bowl, a huge treat. And their recipe for Team Flakes Chicken (on the side of the box) was our favorite, hands down. I still make it today, but I use Special K, the closest flake cereal to offer an even remotely similar flavor and texture to Team. How I wish there were a way to encourage Kraft Foods to consider reintroducing this wonderful cereal, in light of today's healthier eating goals. Such a wonderful memory.

Starting the 2 man march for team flakes.....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I gave up on processed cereals as well.  I would like to know more details on your way of preparing steel cut oats, please.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by joekelly

.... Now i go for steel cut oats soaked o'nite in hot water, no need to cook. High in protein, fiber,  complex  carbos. Also eat lots of rolled oats, same nutrition different texture and chewy-ness. Add some raisins or fresh fruit. No animal fats please.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
    :titleist: 980F 15˚
    :yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
    :vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
    :scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

All-time favorite:

Wheaties w sliced bananas on top swimming in ICE COLD 2% milk

Others I really like but probably aren't good for you

Frosted Mini-Wheats

Cocoa Pebbles

Lucky Charms

Count Chocula

Cap'n Crunch

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
    Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
    Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
    Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
    Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
    Odyssey Versa Putter
    Golf Balls

I can't believe nobody has said Fruity Pebbles.

By far the best cereal! :)

Nah, because it's not the cereal itself that is so yummy ... it's the milk after the cereal is gone! :beer:

Note: This thread is 3779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!