IGNORED

Dufner and his Wife hiking. She is hot.

RandomGolfer
Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty obvious what's going on in that relationship. No big deal. Happens all the time.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Pretty obvious what's going on in that relationship. No big deal. Happens all the time.

That they truly love each other, and aren't as caught up in looks as many people seem to be?

Obviously none of us can know, but it's worth pointing out that Amanda met Jason and even agreed to marry him before he was having much success on the PGA Tour. The first time many people heard of him was around the time he got married. Now, even Web.com Tour golfers make a decent amount of money, but it's stressful (lots of travel), and there are no guarantees (though younger people tend to be more optimistic).

Just saying, though, that it's awfully cynical to just assume her eyes filled up with dollar signs. Golfers tend to stay married, after all. They don't tend to pick up new younger models, and their wives don't tend to leave them for richer men when they stop playing well.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That they truly love each other, and aren't as caught up in looks as many people seem to be?

Obviously none of us can know, but it's worth pointing out that Amanda met Jason and even agreed to marry him before he was having much success on the PGA Tour. The first time many people heard of him was around the time he got married. Now, even Web.com Tour golfers make a decent amount of money, but it's stressful (lots of travel), and there are no guarantees (though younger people tend to be more optimistic).

Just saying, though, that it's awfully cynical to just assume her eyes filled up with dollar signs. Golfers tend to stay married, after all. They don't tend to pick up new younger models, and their wives don't tend to leave them for richer men when they stop playing well.

Yeah they met in '09 and got married in '12, Dufner won his first PGA Tour event in '12. And it wasn't like he was a "young gun" and was signing big endorsement deals like Jordan Speith or Rory McIlroy.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Maybe Amanda IS caught up on looks --->  It's just that's the look she likes (that should give hope to dopey fat golfers everywhere).  Women have a wide variety of preferences and you just don't know by looking.

Frankly, she's pretty enough for both of them (points for identifying that literary reference)

Anyway, it's nice to know the detail that Mike posted that they got together before he was making a lot of bucks.  Sure turns down my cynicism on it.  (I can still ping on "won first PGA tour event" and "married" in the same year.  But maybe that was Duff saying he wouldn't pull the trigger until he confirmed he could take care of her the way he wanted to.....I didn't proposed to my wife until I had a job offer in my profession)

I suspect they are a great and fun couple.

Bill - 

Dufner made 2.2 million in 2009. Settle down guys...he was rich. Dufner mentioned wanting to retire early....she said "no way". He wanted to go to the NCAA conference championship ....she said no....you need to go make some money. He again talked about retiring and she said...the. She would just go to work. She's showing classic signs guys. Party, travel....but not really wanting a lot of down time with him. It's not cynical. It's become a very popular thing these days. He's low key, will never do better than her. She makes him happy, his money keeps her happy. Sorry guys, fairy tales are great but you can't get defensive when reality disappoints you. Good for her. No harm done. She didn't marry him because he's a great golfer so his quitting or any other golfer has no bearing on the relationship. They've made plenty of money so the relationship goes on.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Maybe Amanda IS caught up on looks --->  It's just that's the look she likes (that should give hope to dopey fat golfers everywhere).  Women have a wide variety of preferences and you just don't know by looking.

She probably had a poster of this guy on her wall growing up :-$

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Im telling you one thing, I would keep my eye on the guy in the above pic in the red shorts..........:mad:

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Im telling you one thing, I would keep my eye on the guy in the above pic in the red shorts..........

Huh? There's a guy in that pic? I was vaguely aware of some boats somewhere behind Amanda.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Im telling you one thing, I would keep my eye on the guy in the above pic in the red shorts..........

Yes I agree. Look at Jason, he's way on the end by himself with his belly hanging out. And look at his wife, that dud has good looks, muscles, etc. Has his arms all over her.

Uh oh...........

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Yes I agree. Look at Jason, he's way on the end by himself with his belly hanging out. And look at his wife, that dud has good looks, muscles, etc. Has his arms all over her. Uh oh...........

Im no body language expert or anything, Im just a guy that dont play that hugging up on my wife sh!t!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Who knows? Who cares?

She is hot ... He appears to have quite the sense of dry humor.

I've got enough on my plate without theorizing about their relationship.

What I do know is that you never know about marriages...

Good luck to them!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Yes I agree. Look at Jason, he's way on the end by himself with his belly hanging out. And look at his wife, that dud has good looks, muscles, etc. Has his arms all over her.

Uh oh...........

Im no body language expert or anything, Im just a guy that dont play that hugging up on my wife sh!t!

Yeah, and he's got his other arm around his other (male) friend.  So what?  My wife and I have a close group of friends and hang out together, sometimes at pools or beaches and in bathing suits ... I'm not going to go find her and insist I stand next to her every time somebody grabs a camera.  And, I fully expect whichever person is standing next to her to put their arm around her, and I would put my arms around whichever girls/dudes I happen to be standing next to.  This is what friends do.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, and he's got his other arm around his other (male) friend.  So what?  My wife and I have a close group of friends and hang out together, sometimes at pools or beaches and in bathing suits ... I'm not going to go find her and insist I stand next to her every time somebody grabs a camera.  And, I fully expect whichever person is standing next to her to put their arm around her, and I would put my arms around whichever girls/dudes I happen to be standing next to.  This is what friends do.

You Cali guys sure know how to party. I shoulda known @ Barney 's a swinger! :beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

And you may not agree, but gold digging is now a career. Some people just take that course and live that life. It's not cynical. You have decided that marrying a man for financial stability is a negative thing. Many, many people don't see it that way at all. You may disagree, but that's just the way it is now.

And you may not agree, but gold digging is now a career. Some people just take that course and live that life.

It's not cynical. You have decided that marrying a man for financial stability is a negative thing. Many, many people don't see it that way at all. You may disagree, but that's just the way it is now.

That's not just now.

That's been something that's happened throughout history.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

That's not just now.

That's been something that's happened throughout history.

Yup.  And a heck of a lot LESS now than at any of those times in history.  Vinsk has it backwards.  (Unless his history only goes back to the 1970's or something) ;)

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!