IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

Is there a correct answer here?!

Yes. There is a correct answer.

What is it?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like a paradox, where your choice affects the question, and you'll never be able to answer correctly. There might be some linguistics in the question which makes it possible to answer though.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104585/] [/URL] Is there a correct answer here?!

They were dead all along.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

The answer is E. It's cut off and not in the photo, though.

Duh.

I hate shitty drivers. I consider myself a pretty darn good driver. I can drive well in all conditions. I'm aware of the people and cars around me. I look in my mirrors subconsciously. I know how my car handles in various conditions, and anticipate the actions of other drivers.

I'm not, but I often feel like I'm the only one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know this is kind of random, but I take a History/Geography class. In this class, the majority of people cannot point out Asia, Europe or Africa on a map. One fellow even asked me if "this is alaska" when pointing at the Arctic Ocean. Then he brushed me off when I laughed at him like I was trying to be a dick. Frankly, I'm appalled.

Riley

I know this is kind of random, but I take a History/Geography class. In this class, the majority of people cannot point out Asia, Europe or Africa on a map. One fellow even asked me if "this is alaska" when pointing at the Arctic Ocean. Then he brushed me off when I laughed at him like I was trying to be a dick. Frankly, I'm appalled.

Once I overheard a couple of guys at work next to me preparing for the US citizenship test. One guy quizzed him. Who's the Chief Justice? Rehnquist. Turns out they had a cheat sheet from past test takers. Back then, Chief Justice Roberts took over after Rehnquist died it was big news, so their cheat sheets were outdated. I corrected them. I then went on to ask things like how many justices in SCOTUS? Name them. Their political leanings. Who appointed them. Some famous cases they were involved in. Blank. Crickets. They were in the US for I dunno, at least five years. Probably 10. They weren't dummies. Just not the type that reads the news.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Got a new MacBook Pro (Retina). I'd originally thought I might name it "Iris," but the icon options for that word are pretty… lame.

So now I'm not sure what to name it. My desktop computer is named "Bunny" and the four hard drives are all famous rabbits (like Roger, Harvey, etc.). My previous MacBook Air is named "Brainy" and has a Brainy Smurf icon. It was my (not always enjoyed) nickname in school.

Any suggestions? Gotta have a good icon (a picture I can make into an icon is fine too).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Got a new MacBook Pro (Retina). I'd originally thought I might name it "Iris," but the icon options for that word are pretty… lame. So now I'm not sure what to name it. My desktop computer is named "Bunny" and the four hard drives are all famous rabbits (like Roger, Harvey, etc.). My previous MacBook Air is named "Brainy" and has a Brainy Smurf icon. It was my (not always enjoyed) nickname in school. Any suggestions? Gotta have a good icon (a picture I can make into an icon is fine too).

How bout "LaMont"?

Riley

• Administrator
How bout "LaMont"?

You really have to explain that one.

Tempted to name it "Tiger." But then it'd always break down. :-P

"Dimple" sounds cool but the icon for the hard drive would be lame.

You really have to explain that one.

I think "LaMont" would make a great name for a computer. Or "Furyk". I like the sound of that. I'd recommend checking out this website http://www.computernamer.com Personally I like "Sharknado" But don't rule out "LaMont"

Riley

• Administrator

Any serious suggestions from anyone? :-)

I can screencap it later, but I use the characters from the 8-bit episode of the TV show Community as my various hard drives. Some guys on Reddit were making an unofficial version of the video game one particular season 3 episode is about, and I got then to send me jpegs of their character models. So I have Jeff as my main hard drive, Britta as my Windows partition, Troy as my second internal hard drive, etc. I guess if you're not a fan of the show, none of that makes sense.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
"Troll". Each hard drive memorializes your favorite SandTrap characters who've given you the most grief.

Only one hard drive in this one. Just a laptop. :)

I went with "Portal" for now. May change that to GLaDOS at some point, but the icon could stay the same.

Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!