IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Wouldn't be surprised if Tiger picked himself with the competition coming so late this time. December should be plenty of time for his knee procedure to heal and get his swing in shape. But i doubt he does. Even though a rusty Tiger Woods might still be better than the 12th or 13th guy on the list, anyway. 

If he doesn't consider himself healthy enough to play as the cup approaches they'll just call in a replacement.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

a rusty Tiger Woods might still be better than the 12th or 13th guy on the list, anyway. 

this is the only legit non-selfish reason for him to pick himself.  Which doesn't really happen until November.  In the meantime, he can sign the blog "Emperor of Narnia" for all I care - it's not official until it's official.

Tiger is ranked 8th in the world and something like 5th in the US?

I hope he heals fast, and plays great and can officially take a slot - it's good for the game and the publicity.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

He's scheduled to play in Japan at the end of October. That'll show how he's doing. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 4 weeks later...

Tiger Woods is penning a memoir. Title makes me chuckle, BACK.

Featured-Image-Size_Back_1.jpg

New York, NY (October 15, 2019)—HarperCollins Publishers today announced it has acquired world rights to BACK, the first-ever memoir authored by Tiger Woods, one of the most storied and...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Tiger Woods is penning a memoir. Title makes me chuckle, BACK.

Featured-Image-Size_Back_1.jpg

New York, NY (October 15, 2019)—HarperCollins Publishers today announced it has acquired world rights to BACK, the first-ever memoir...

Has the potential to be interesting. I very much doubt it will be, though. An open account of his life would be fascinating. He's not going to get into things like what drove him to have so many affairs, what his childhood/relationship with his dad was like, the extent of his use of painkillers, etc.

I'm not saying he owes us any of that, either. I would just be interested in reading about it. Not sure I'll be interested in reading this.

That said, maybe if he just has a book full of interesting stories, both golf and non-golf, that could be worthwhile. I know there are good Tiger stories out there - Mark O'Meara has quite a few.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
On 10/15/2019 at 12:26 PM, DeadMan said:

Has the potential to be interesting. I very much doubt it will be, though. An open account of his life would be fascinating. He's not going to get into things like what drove him to have so many affairs, what his childhood/relationship with his dad was like, the extent of his use of painkillers, etc.

I'm not saying he owes us any of that, either. I would just be interested in reading about it. Not sure I'll be interested in reading this.

That said, maybe if he just has a book full of interesting stories, both golf and non-golf, that could be worthwhile. I know there are good Tiger stories out there - Mark O'Meara has quite a few.

Bamberger says:

And yet: I believe Tiger Woods announced his retirement this week. It’s in the subtext of a press release about a book he is writing.

The guess about Moehringer is based primarily on these factoids:

• He’s married to the woman, Shannon Welch, who will edit Back;
  • He worked with Phil Knight on his memoir, Shoe Dog, which was also edited by Welch.
  • The Agassi book is one of the best athlete memoirs ever written;
  • The Knight book is one of the bestselling business-mogul memoirs ever published;
  • Knight is one of Woods’s closest advisors.

Moehringer, particularly because of Agassi's book, has a reputation for brutal honesty. Tiger's book could be great if he unburdens himself with an honest accounting of things via his memoir.

Bamberger lays out a good case for how this might be more than just a fluff PR type book, and how it might truly be great in a way we can't imagine now (if you haven't read the Agassi book, I guess).

TigerWoodsBookBamberger.jpg

If Tiger’s forthcoming book is indeed ‘definitive,’ it will unburden him and pave the way for the rest of his life.
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And I’m sure Tiger realizes his kids will read this book one day. I think he’s gonna get it all out there.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Bamberger says:

Moehringer, particularly because of Agassi's book, has a reputation for brutal honesty. Tiger's book could be great if he unburdens himself with an honest accounting of things via his memoir.

Bamberger lays out a good case for how this might be more than just a fluff PR type book, and how it might truly be great in a way we can't imagine now (if you haven't read the Agassi book, I guess).

TigerWoodsBookBamberger.jpg

If Tiger’s forthcoming book is indeed ‘definitive,’ it will unburden him and pave the way for the rest of his life.

Yeah, I saw that this morning. That makes me slightly more optimistic about it. I still feel like Tiger's PR team is going to go over it with a fine-tooth comb and take out all the good parts. We'll see...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Well, now I gotta read the Agassi book. I've seen him play at the US Open (no not that US Open) a number of times. Quick hands/reflexes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Some of the Japanese broadcast of his first round from Zozo.

• Like 1

Steve

Recent clinic in Japan

Steve

On 10/16/2019 at 3:26 AM, DeadMan said:

He's not going to get into things like what drove him to have so many affairs, what his childhood/relationship with his dad was like, the extent of his use of painkillers, etc.

I would be 100% certain that he will. The chances of him not talking about his relationship iwith his father is -1000000%. Others may have opinions about Earl Woods, but Toger is always happy to discuss their relationship.

And the health issues that caused his over use of prescription medicine will also be covered, without a doubt. I would bet my life on it.

• Administrator

He acknowledged Monday that the knee surgery he had in August was something he meant to do a year ago, but put it off after winning the Tour Championship. After capturing the Masters, his knee slowly got worse, to the point that it was difficult for him to squat and read putts.

He said the knee pain and uneasy walking led to other issues with his back. He also withdrew from a tournament with an oblique injury.

Perhaps this is the explanation for Woods looking out of sorts for most of the summer. Why the back stiffness and unsteady gait led to some unseemly scores, especially for the Masters champion. And maybe it is why he seemed so at ease Monday, knowing that things are on the right path.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1021%2Fr616041_1

Normally, Tiger eases himself back into competition. But with the Presidents Cup looming, will he stay patient or push himself? It's a tough decision.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Its crazy how trying to compensate for an injury just leads to other issues. I hope he's healthy because he's shown at the Masters he is still dangerous. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

He acknowledged Monday that the knee surgery he had in August was something he meant to do a year ago, but put it off after winning the Tour Championship. After capturing the Masters, his knee slowly got worse, to the point that it was difficult for him to squat and read putts.

He said the knee pain and uneasy walking led to other issues with his back. He also withdrew from a tournament with an oblique injury.

Perhaps this is the explanation for Woods looking out of sorts for most of the summer. Why the back stiffness and unsteady gait led to some unseemly scores, especially for the Masters champion. And maybe it is why he seemed so at ease Monday, knowing that things are on the right path.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1021%2Fr616041_1

Normally, Tiger eases himself back into competition. But with the Presidents Cup looming, will he...

Well he looked good round one at the Zozo. Pep in his step, smiling. And still holding tied for second now. I really hope 2020 isn’t injury ridden. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Will be interesting to see what the book contains.

It's a bit weird to write it at this point, potentially before the entire story has unfolded, but have they given an estimated release or could it be a few years down the line?

I'm also not on board with Tiger planning his retirement anytime soon. There may of course be reasons we aren't seeing, but he's been down for so long and finally got his way back to the top in the world, won a major and currently seems in good shape, having the lead at the start of the fourth round of the ZOZO championship.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Zeph said:

Will be interesting to see what the book contains.

It's a bit weird to write it at this point, potentially before the entire story has unfolded, but have they given an estimated release or could it be a few years down the line?

I'm also not on board with Tiger planning his retirement anytime soon. There may of course be reasons we aren't seeing, but he's been down for so long and finally got his way back to the top in the world, won a major and currently seems in good shape, having the lead at the start of the fourth round of the ZOZO championship.

Maybe by announcing his own it kills any other potential unofficial biographies.

• Like 1