IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

16 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Dude has used like 6 of them. 

So he’s 3 left to look forward to?!?!?

16 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Back on topic:
Whether or not Tiger plays doesn't matter to me. 

Shear blasphemy

• Funny 4

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It’s harder to assess his swing and gate in slow motion. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It's always fun to watch Tiger and the atmosphere he brings.  Even if he doesn't win it or place well, there's always that chance that he plays the one amazing round he's so well known for.

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

Tiger wearing FootJoys in practice rounds due to stability of shoe. Interesting. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Tiger wearing FootJoys in practice rounds due to stability of shoe. Interesting. 

Maybe. Has anyone specifically said it's due to the "stability"?

Maybe it stretches more, so if his foot swells from walking more than he's used to it's still a fit.

Or something…?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That is what the article stated. He was looking for obvious reasons a more stable shoe. Nike at this time does not have that type of shoe apparently. I bet they will very soon. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

That is what the article stated. He was looking for obvious reasons a more stable shoe. Nike at this time does not have that type of shoe apparently. I bet they will very soon. 

What article? You didn't post an article when you stated the reason he is in the Footjoys

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Thumbs Up 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

It doesn't say anything like that:

It therefore is unsurprising that he would need the footwear that provides him with the most support, and right now FootJoy is apparently ahead of Nike in that regard.

That's it. And it's not a quote or attributed to anyone, thus, it's… the opinion of the author, I guess?

Speculation at best? So I renew my earlier question(s).

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Has anyone specifically said it's due to the "stability"?

Maybe it stretches more, so if his foot swells from walking more than he's used to it's still a fit.

Or something…?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yea, i wouldn't take that as something Tiger mentioned, but just an opinion of the author. From my experience with Nike, they always run a bit narrow. I do not think Foot Joy provide more support versus Nike. When I think of support, I think of how immobile it makes your foot. Like, what New Balance has made their entire running brand around versus more barefoot style of shoe that allows for more mobility. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Here comes the SQAIRZ guy…..😜

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Here comes the SQAIRZ guy…..😜

Plus it’ll add 7-8 yds to his drive!

Nike better come up with that shoe and quick before they lose him altogether over that 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Maybe it's about having a lower platform with less total rise (and maybe less heel drop).

10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Oh my Goodness. ... I hate to say it, but I think you are right. 

Back on topic:
Whether or not Tiger plays doesn't matter to me. I will be following and streaming as much of the Masters as my job/life allows. Having said that, Tiger is obviously the biggest thing in golf and I'm sure there are a lot of people who would benefit from him playing. 

Personally, I only want him to play if he's up to it. I'd hate to see him out there just knocking it around. Think about this. The last time Tiger missed the cut at The Masters was during The Clinton Administration. 

When he was an amateur.

«As of right now, I feel I am going to play.»

«Do you think you can win the Masters?»

«I do.»

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Says he is going to play "as of now" and will play 9 more practice holes today.

2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

«As of right now, I feel I am going to play.»

«Do you think you can win the Masters?»

«I do.»

When he is in the field, I feel like he is always a threat to win.

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

If he doesn’t get worse, he’s playing. If that ends up with 72 holes or not remains to be seen.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

“As of right now I feel like I am going to play”TW

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges