IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

33 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I just turned it on and of course he hits into the crap!😜

The rust is real today. Just saw him shaking out his right leg too while waiting on 18 tee, but it seems much improved otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best part was that he’s actually playing professional golf.

Hovland got off to a poor start and got some catching up to do if he is to take three in a row.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

image.png

Oh boy, Tiger's going off today! Two pars on two par fives is not ideal, but I think he will take this front 9 score right now. 

Edited by JetFan1983
  • Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

41 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

image.png

Oh boy, Tiger's going off today! Two pars on two par fives is not ideal, but I think he will take this front 9 score right now. 

Score is looking good today but it was dropping 4 shots on the last 3 holes yesterday that really hurt.  Hopefully he can finish out strong today.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

Score is looking good today but it was dropping 4 shots on the last 3 holes yesterday that really hurt.  Hopefully he can finish out strong today.

Yea I agree the primary concern is running out of gas again on the back 9.

Constantine

Bogey on a par-5 after a 370 yard drive and 175 to the green is a bummer.

image.thumb.png.1b8d318b6d6425c4f4bcbfb0d0205360.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

7 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Bogey on a par-5 after a 370 yard drive and 175 to the green is a bummer.

image.thumb.png.1b8d318b6d6425c4f4bcbfb0d0205360.png

Did not see it but looking on-line that must have been some nasty downhill on his putt that when well past the hole into the bunker.  OUCH!

49 minutes ago, StuM said:

I think I jinxed him. dropped 3 strokes in 4 holes after my comment.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Great to see Tiger playing again. Maybe we will, one day in the future, see Tiger and Charlie playing against each other in a PGA tour event - imagine the TV ratings!

I hope he takes Couples up on his offer to caddy for him at Riviera. Couples has won twice at Riviera; Tiger has not won at Riviera. 

He’s hoping to play once a month in 2024:

This week was about walking 72 holes without the type of severe pain that forced a WD midway through the third round of this year’s Masters. He was sore afterward and his face looked worn – “I feel like my game’s not that far off, but I need to get in better shape,” he said Sunday – but that’s the reality for the current version of Woods. The bone pain he felt at Augusta National has gone away, hence optimism for a return to official TOUR competition.

[…]

“I think that if you asked me right now, I’m a little bit sore,” Woods said after signing his card Sunday at Albany, cracking a grin. “Once a month seems reasonable, and it gives me a couple weeks to recover and a week to tune up. Maybe I can get into a rhythm or something like that; that’s what the plan was going into next year, and I don’t see why that would change.”

Tiger Woods didn’t contend at the Hero World Challenge, finishing well off the pace at even-par 288. But...

Every completed tournament without a WD is positive, though it remains to be seen if that’s 36 or 72 holes.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 months later...
See him next week.
  • Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Wonder if Tiger had someone from LIV come up with that name/design.....woof.    Not what I was expecting and not a fan....maybe it will grow on me but I doubt it.

• Administrator

I don't mind the logo on some items: like a sweatshirt that I saw.

I also don't understand why SUNDAY is split into two words. It's not a parasol company. 😉 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't mind the logo either. Cooler than Nike's TW logo 🤷‍♂️

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

When Abeles told Woods that each stripe on the abstract Tiger represented one of his 15 major victories, Woods replied with, "Well, what are we gonna do when we get to 16?"

The wait is finally over. After weeks of speculation, Tiger Woods officially announced his new Sun Day Red clothing line at an event in Los Angeles on Monday af

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Zeph said:

The wait is finally over. After weeks of speculation, Tiger Woods officially announced his new Sun Day Red clothing line at an event in Los Angeles on Monday af

I don't know how there are 15 stripes. What counts as a stripe and what is a leg or something?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had to look a few times and this is my guess: Nine stripes from the tail tip to the head, plus one that is detached. Two on the hind leg, three on the front leg (tips are paws and don’t count). 9+1+2+3 = 15.