IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

"Missing my first Masters was tough."

"Not being able to play in the Masters for the first time wasn't as hard for me as you might think."

is he insinuating some fatigue of just playing competitive golf????  He doesn't look happy when he plays, lots of grimacing and frowning.

Interesting.  One comment though ... that is a horrible signature for a celebrity!! :-P

Maybe he signed it on his iPad

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe he signed it on his iPad

Looks about like the way it always looks.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=picture+of+tiger+woods+signature&qpvt;=picture+of+tiger+woods+signature&FORM;=IGRE

BTW as signatures go it's a little more legible, neater, and readable than most athletes. :-D

I would have expected worse.

Some athlete's signatures turn into a letter with a wiggley line or two that's basically unreadable over time (and signing it 1000s of times).

Looks about like the way it always looks.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=picture+of+tiger+woods+signature&qpvt;=picture+of+tiger+woods+signature&FORM;=IGRE

BTW as signatures go it's a little more legible, neater, and readable than most athletes.

I would have expected worse.

Some athlete's signatures turn into a letter with a wiggley line or two that's basically unreadable over time (and signing it 1000s of times).

Arnie says to make it legible...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Arnie says to make it legible...

Yeah. ;-)

Very few of them follow Arnie's example though.

My daughter went to an event one time and got autographs from a lot of the St. Louis Cardinals players.

Funny thing was that she didn't remember which ones signed what and there wasn't a chance on Hell of reading half of the signatures. Could have been a Triple A guy up for a cup of coffee or Jack Clark and I wouldn't have known the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update on Tiger

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/pga/2014/05/19/tiger-woods-full-shots-return-back-surgery/9277783/

Quote:

BETHESDA, Md. – Now former No. 1 Tiger Woods still doesn't know when he'll be back playing competitive golf.

Woods, speaking Monday at Congressional Country Club in advance of the Quicken Loans National June 26-29 that benefits his foundation, said his rehab following microdiscectomy surgery March 31 to alleviate pain caused by a pinched nerve in his back is going well but he remains uncertain of his return.

"I don't know. It's not in my hands. It's in my doctor's hands," Woods, 38, told Golf Channel ahead of his press conference. Woods, who fell to No. 2 in the world on Monday as Adam Scott took over the top spot, has not played since March 9. He began light chipping and putting April 20. " … I haven't been hitting full shots. At least I'm chipping and putting, so that's nice. And that's progressing.

"It's not a lot of fun, I'll tell you," he said about rehab. "There are a lot of tedious exercises. … Back injuries are no joke. (Rehab) is slow and I just have to make sure I do it right."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yep I just watched his press conference. He seemed to be in good sprits, he wants to be out there competing, but he must wait until the doctors clear him.

No date yet but I'm thinking he'll be out there before the PGA.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

• Administrator

I thought this was the most shocking comment:

Quote:
“Prior to the surgery I didn’t think I’d have much of a playing career. Now I’ve had the procedure and I’m excited about my career.”

Huh? Wow. What?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Huh? Wow. What?

Weird. That forebodes... well?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Full conference here I guess: http://www.golfchannel.com/media/tiger-woods-quicken-loans-national-news-conference/?cid=twitter-cen-v-tiger-woods-news-conference-quicken-loans-051914 .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shocking for sure. Crazy to think how close he actually was to being done.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Look forward to seeing him back in the mix ... thanks for posting link to the press conference.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Tiger Woods....get soon fast! Seriously.....watching Brendon Todd win a PGA Tour event was like watching paint dry. We need the game's best to get back in there and get golf back on track because right now it's not been a good season for the game despite last week's awesome finish at Sawgrass.

Tiger Woods....get soon fast! Seriously.....watching Brendon Todd win a PGA Tour event was like watching paint dry. We need the game's best to get back in there and get golf back on track because right now it's not been a good season for the game despite last week's awesome finish at Sawgrass.

I know! That was so boring to watch. Its great that these guys are getting their first wins, but geeezus its gettin old already when every event is some unknown dude.

My prediction for his return is the PGA.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

“Prior to the surgery I didn’t think I’d have much of a playing career. Now I’ve had the procedure and I’m excited about my career.”

Huh? Wow. What?

Yeah that's freaking nuts. I can't even imagine the noise if he would've been forced to retire.

Really glad he's getting healthy. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• 3 weeks later...

Haney strikes again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/greenstein/ct-hank-haney-on-tiger-woods-spt-0606-20140606,0,1250200.column

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Haney strikes again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/greenstein/ct-hank-haney-on-tiger-woods-spt-0606-20140606,0,1250200.column

Looks like those of us who aren't "digital members" of the Chicago Tribune can't read that story.  Perhaps you could just copy and paste the relevant text?

Looks like those of us who aren't "digital members" of the Chicago Tribune can't read that story.  Perhaps you could just copy and paste the relevant text?

Here are some excerpts

[seconds into a conversation with Hank Haney, I'm scrambling for an online dictionary.

Haney says he knows psychologists who have called former pupil Tiger Woods a "sociopath" — someone with "little regard for the feelings of others" and "extreme antisocial attitudes."

Haney documented that trait and much more in his 2012 book "The Big Miss." Golf writer Damon Hack spoke for many when he said he learned more about Woods from those 247 pages than in a decade-plus covering him on the PGA Tour

"I don't think he feels things the way most people do," Haney said. "That's why he doesn't choke at the end of tournaments. It's not normal for him to apologize or sign autographs or treat people well. None of that helps him win."]

Among the things that amazed me about the book is that Tiger has first-tee jitters and sometimes called himself "Ranger Rick."

People would say, "What's wrong with his swing?" Well, did you watch him warm up? He never missed a shot! But even at Torrey Pines (where he won the 2008 U.S. Open), he made a double (bogey) on the first hole three of the days. A lot of guys can play the first hole, but they get nervous at the end. He's so good at the end.

If he saw you tomorrow, what do you think he would do?

I'm pretty sure he would just blow me off. That's kind of how he does it. He doesn't try to be a jerk. He just doesn't get it. … There is a price for greatness. I think that comes across in the book.

Is there anything you wish you had omitted or included in the book?

Maybe the Ian Poulter story. (After Poulter talked his way on to Woods' private jet for a trip to Orlando, Woods texted Haney: "Can you believe how this (jerk) mooched a ride on my plane?") I like Ian. He took it as a knock against him, when I thought it didn't reflect well on Tiger.

I like the book how it is. I felt like I needed to explain him as a person. The BS that I should not have written the book and 'poor Tiger' is a bunch of garbage. Ninety-nine percent of the comments I've gotten have been positive, and the other 1 percent didn't read it. By far the No. 1 comment I've gotten is: 'I'm a big Tiger Woods fan and I'm a bigger fan after reading the book.' I can show you tweet after tweet. They appreciate his work ethic and dedication. In the public's mind, I wrote a positive book.

You had some remarkable anecdotes in the book about how Tiger wouldn't even speak to caddie Steve Williams for hours at a time. What did Steve think of the book?

He thought it was great. He knows everything is true. He lived it. I know about his reputation (for being rude to spectators and reporters), but he's an ethical person and the greatest caddie there has ever been. Look at what he has done with Adam Scott, taken him to No. 1 in the world. I asked Steve how it is working with Adam. "Hank, it's so great. Every day when I get done, he tells me, 'Thank you.' "

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5