IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, Natural Patrick said:

I think he cares as well. That being said, look at his GWR, he is beyond washed up. The fact that he thinks he can compete with the top 10 in the GWR is Laughable at best.

You know what OWGR means relative to the ability to win a tournament, not a damn thing.
Tiger is ranked 5 spots higher in OWGR than Brian Stuard was before he won the Zurich today. So I guess that means that Tiger has just as much of a chance at winning as Brian did, even more (if only he were actually playing tournament golf)

Just sayin'

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

You know what OWGR means relative to the ability to win a tournament, not a damn thing.
Tiger is ranked 5 spots higher in OWGR than Brian Stuard was before he won the Zurich today. So I guess that means that Tiger has just as much of a chance at winning as Brian did, even more (if only he were actually playing tournament golf)

Just sayin'

Tiggs has No chance! Just sayin.

On 4/23/2016 at 1:56 PM, iacas said:

You're not comparing like things.

Who violated Tiger's trust in the ESPN story to the level of Hank Haney? Nobody. Not a soul. They didn't even sniff the general area.

His friends (Jordan)...the Special Ops instructor in Maryland....the Seal team....why is this any different that what HH did?  Do you seriously think that a player/instructor relationship is tantamount to attorney/client or doctor/client?  C'mon......if Tiger's day to day life meant so much, then why didn't he get Hank to sign an NDA?  And, to add, what in Hank's book was really that revealing?

On an semi-related topic, what are your thoughts of Butch Harmon revealing to other "players" some of Tiger's strategic tactics?  PMick certainly didn't hide the fact that he learned a lot of inside info about Tiger's strategies from Butch......seems like a much bigger issue than writing a book where a guy says someone didn't offer him a popsicle.....

Edited by BallStriker
  • Upvote 1

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Administrator
On May 9, 2016 at 10:40 PM, BallStriker said:

His friends (Jordan)...the Special Ops instructor in Maryland....the Seal team....why is this any different that what HH did?

If you can't see the differences, listing them here is not likely to elucidate them for you. You'll just continue to see no difference. It's not like I'm alone in seeing differences here.

Do you seriously think that a player/instructor relationship is tantamount to attorney/client or doctor/client?

It's not that close, but it's much closer than, what, "Navy SEALs guys Tiger spent a few hours with a few times."

C'mon......if Tiger's day to day life meant so much, then why didn't he get Hank to sign an NDA?

Because he assumed HH wouldn't be a sleaze.

And, to add, what in Hank's book was really that revealing?

The book revealed more about HH than about Tiger. But that's beside the point.

On an semi-related topic, what are your thoughts of Butch Harmon revealing to other "players" some of Tiger's strategic tactics?

Who cares? That's just golf. It's not someone's personal life. Plus it was pretty tame stuff, like putting out first and slowing down walking and breathing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Right now Jason Day has won 7 out of his last 17 events with one Major. That equals Tiger's 2007 year. He now just has to average a 25-30% winning percentage and 2 Majors a season over the next 3 years to equal Tiger's run from 1999 to 2003 :-P

Then he'll need another 4 year stretch of 40% winning percentage and 2 majors a year to match Tiger's 2005 to 2008. :-D

Just to put into perspective how much more these guys have to go to match Tiger. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Anybody catch Tiger's press conference this morning? 

I fast-forwarded through the tournament stuff.  Stopped to listen to him say how he doesn't know when he'll be back.  Then I watched him hit 3 100 yard shots that pretty much proved he'll never be back. 

It wasn't so much the result (putting first one in the water) but the namby-pamby little swing he made and all the "oh, my back" and "I'm so stiff" comments.  He reminded me of a great player . . in his late 60's/early 70's. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I fast-forwarded through the tournament stuff.  Stopped to listen to him say how he doesn't know when he'll be back.  Then I watched him hit 3 100 yard shots that pretty much proved he'll never be back. 

It wasn't so much the result (putting first one in the water) but the namby-pamby little swing he made and all the "oh, my back" and "I'm so stiff" comments.  He reminded me of a great player . . in his late 60's/early 70's. 

Three weeks ago folks were "certain" he was playing at Quail Hollow.  The only sure thing is that we have no clue what Tiger is feeling or when he'll be back.

On 4/22/2016 at 11:24 AM, nevets88 said:

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I saw the same thing.

But I wouldn't go so far as you did. I've seen the guys get out of their cars and hit some wedges when they first get on the range. Particularly the guys over 35 or so.

Never? He also said he'd still like to catch Snead's 82 and, IIRC, even Nicklaus's 18.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I saw the same thing.

But I wouldn't go so far as you did. I've seen the guys get out of their cars and hit some wedges when they first get on the range. Particularly the guys over 35 or so.

Never? He also said he'd still like to catch Snead's 82 and, IIRC, even Nicklaus's 18.

I've also said I'd like to shoot in the sixty's... The longer he is away the tougher it will be for him especially with his history of injury. His swing does something adversely to his back and he cannot seem to keep from bothering his injured area. I'd love to see him contend again but will he be able to hang in there?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

9 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I'd tend to doubt it, because of his pride in his skills and competitiveness, but there's a slight chance he was playing the media there. 'Tiger doomed' headlines equals more press attention for his foundation? Shots in the water lower the bar for performance expectations when he does decide to return?

More likely is a bad back waxes and wanes especially when it's not yet 100%.

Kevin

The award for best headline goes to deadspin.com.

"Tiger Woods Attempts To Prove He Isn't Dead;  Fails".

I guess it was all 3 in the pond . .I only saw one.  Anyway, for me it wasn't the balls in the pond but more the attitude.  Maybe I'm reading too much into 10 minutes of TV coverage but it really seems like he's changed, lost his drive, resigned himself already to never come back.  I re-read the transcript - "I'm excited to hopefully get back out here"

Just to be clear - I'm a Tiger fan.  I hope he does return, of course.  I hope he ends up winning more majors, breaking more records.  I was really bummed out by what I saw today because it looks like it's at least going to be a while.  

Edit: My honest opinion/prediction is that he won't come back in any significant way. 

Edited by Rainmaker

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I guess it was all 3 in the pond . .I only saw one.

Nope. Just the first one.

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

Wait, are you saying he just hit the first one in the water?  The article I read on Yahoo clearly states he hit all three in the drink. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, travisv said:

Wait, are you saying he just hit the first one in the water?  The article I read on Yahoo clearly states he hit all three in the drink. 

I watched it. He even made a joke about how he had to warm up (the first ball) and how the third was "more like it" or something.

Was the Reuters guy even there?

https://streamable.com/ymok?t=0.9

I only saw one splash. Maybe it was three in. Didn't seem like it this morning.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I watched it. He even made a joke about how he had to warm up (the first ball) and how the third was "more like it" or something.

Was the Reuters guy even there?

Honestly, I have no clue.  I find it interesting they have that it up on their banner and they made a whole video that is completely false.

As I read it, the first one hit the water and the next 2 hit the green and rolled back into the water.  I only saw one as I was watching but there was no close-up on the green. 

7 hours ago, iacas said:

At least he could have flown the flag with the 3rd one. It was an awkward video but you can't really judge him on this.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

At least he could have flown the flag with the 3rd one. It was an awkward video but you can't really judge him on this.

At the end of the day:

• The fact that he hit one ball in the water is embarrassing let alone three possibly (though I maintain that you only see one, and that was my impression watching live).
  • We've all had warmups that start out very poorly.
  • This says little about his form right now. They were three shots following a bunch of sitting and standing around.

Meh. Looked bad, but the fact that once again we're talking about TW for hitting three pitch shots shows that he's still the only real needle mover.

Though it's less and less and will be gone sooner rather than later if this trajectory continues.