IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator

So… what does everyone think about the social media reaction to the tampon thing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

So… what does everyone think about the social media reaction to the tampon thing?

I thought tampon thing was funny. Social media/press reaction was 100% predictable.

My take is that he knew it was dumb to do in public, but just doesn't give a s**t anymore - wants to have some fun.

tigerJT.jpg

During Tiger Woods' much-anticipated return to golf Thursday at the Genesis Invitational, he pulled a controversial prank on Justin Thomas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Non-story.  I can find a dissenting quote on every topic.  Golf journalism is sad and will construct a conflict and issue for anything to get clicks.  I suspect people triggered by this are very few.  Hard to tell though - people are weird.  But even one really loud person in a mass of thousands of people just quietly going about life is still enough to write a story and manufacture something to chat about.

Bill - 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That was something supposed to be between friends, and not meant for everyone else. People have no business being offended for something that happens between friends if they were never meant to be a part of anyways. If people don’t want to be offended by it, they shouldn’t be concerned about what everyone else is doing. But yes, the media’s reaction is completely predictable in our overly sensitive society nowadays.

• Booooooooo 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

4 hours ago, iacas said:

My wife is the one that told me about it because she's on Facebook while I am not. She (and I) thought it was hilarious. Both of us are disgusted but not surprised at the fake outrage on social media.

I wish Tiger didn't apologize and instead told people to lighten up 😉

• Like 1
  • Booooooooo 1

1 hour ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

My wife is the one that told me about it because she's on Facebook while I am not. She (and I) thought it was hilarious. Both of us are disgusted but not surprised at the fake outrage on social media.

I wish Tiger didn't apologize and instead told people to lighten up 😉

stripes lighten GIF

😀

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Eh. Not a fan of the prank. Apologizing is the best thing to do to get it done with before it escalate further.

He knows the cameras are on him all the time when he's out there. What they do in private nobody knows or cares about, but he did this in the middle of a tournament, the first for a long time. Seems optimistic if he didn't want anyone but JT to see it. He also had no control over what JT did when he got handed the tampon. You have to assume that it ends up on a camera.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

8 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I'm still processing the fact that Tiger walks around with tampons in his pocket..

I’m pretty sure he’d tell you that he just took them from JT’s bag

• Funny 5

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2 hours ago, Zeph said:

Eh. Not a fan of the prank. Apologizing is the best thing to do to get it done with before it escalate further.

He knows the cameras are on him all the time when he's out there. What they do in private nobody knows or cares about, but he did this in the middle of a tournament, the first for a long time. Seems optimistic if he didn't want anyone but JT to see it. He also had no control over what JT did when he got handed the tampon. You have to assume that it ends up on a camera.

Yeah a bit tone deaf or at best a complete brain fart. 

But I am not a fan because this class-clown Uncle Tiger shit rails on his credibility as a serious competitor. He ain't scaring the Rahms and Schefflers. Needs to stop acting like he is playing with house money.

And what's with JT carrying on a full blown silly season bromance at go time? Stop lollygagging and LFG.. jeez.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1

Vishal S.

23 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah a bit tone deaf or at best a complete brain fart. 

But I am not a fan because this class-clown Uncle Tiger shit rails on his credibility as a serious competitor. He ain't scaring the Rahms and Schefflers. Needs to stop acting like he is playing with house money.

And what's with JT carrying on a full blown silly season bromance at go time? Stop lollygagging and LFG.. jeez.

While I completely stand with my first comment about people being sensitive to things that don’t concern them, I absolutely agree with what you’re saying in that I believe if Tiger really cares about JT’s performance, I am surprised that he’s instigating this sort of thing mid tournament. It’s not like this is “the match” where it’s for fun and charity. At the end of the day, it’s not like what happened, affected any of the other players, so if they’re OK with it then I guess I don’t have room to throw my opinion in there.
But, all said and done I do the same thing with my buddy, despite however, serious our competition may be at the moment, so I’m not one to take my own advice here. 😏

-Jonny

11 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

While I completely stand with my first comment about people being sensitive to things that don’t concern them, I absolutely agree with what you’re saying in that I believe if Tiger really cares about JT’s performance, I am surprised that he’s instigating this sort of thing mid tournament. It’s not like this is “the match” where it’s for fun and charity.
But, all said and done I do the same thing with my buddy, despite however, serious our competition may be at the moment, so I’m not one to take my own advice here. 😏

It's just that ruins the greatest calling card of all time in all of sport for me.

I mean he is insisting he wouldn't be out here if didn't think he could win.Tiger of the old would never mess around with this rinky dink BS.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.