IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

His ambitions probably surpass his abilities these days. He can say he's there to win, and of course that's what he wants to do, but his chances are still low all things considered.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

It's just that ruins the greatest calling card of all time in all of sport for me.

I mean he is insisting he wouldn't be out here if didn't think he could win.Tiger of the old would never mess around with this rinky dink BS.

Eh. These guys can joke around and still play incredible golf. Tiger won over 80 times because he was the best golfer in the field by far, not because he never joked around.

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

He ain't scaring the Rahms and Schefflers. Needs to stop acting like he is playing with house money.

He's not scaring them because he's a below-average pro now. Simple as that. I'm all for him having some fun - he is playing with house money!

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

Eh. These guys can joke around and still play incredible golf. Tiger won over 80 times because he was the best golfer in the field by far, not because he never joked around.

Yeah, we are not seeing the same thing. Difference between joking a bit and messing around.

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

He's not scaring them because he's a below-average pro now. Simple as that.Β 

Way too early for that. Had he been struggling to get above buck sixty ball speed, I would have an inclination to agreeing with you.Β 

Vishal S.

Tiger needs to focus more on NOT making bogeys rather MAKING birdies.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just look at who missed the cut and tell me Tiger is below average. He hasn’t played a tournament since last summer. Pretty good IMO.

• Thumbs Up 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I really don't get the outrage displayed by some for Tiger's prank. But I guess people are crazy these days and they can find plenty of company on social media to get whipped up into a frenzy with. I'd actually love to get inside someone's head to understand the root of their outrage but I likely don't know anyone so petty.Β 

Β 

Like it or not the 200th in driving distance on the pga tour is still ahead of the number one driver on the LPGA.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Booooooooo 1

22 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Just look at who missed the cut and tell me Tiger is below average. He hasn’t played a tournament since last summer. Pretty good IMO.

He made it on the number. Fine, let’s call it average.
Β 

He’s still a freakish talent, but my guess is that with his broken down body, his odds of making a cut or winning a tournament are no better than an average golfer on the pga tour. IMO, they should be a lot lower than the top golfers today (Rahm, Rory, etc.), thus he doesn’t scare the β€˜em.

Of course, impossible to really know because he’ll never play a full schedule again.

He made the cut.

32 minutes ago, chspeed said:

his odds of making a cut or winning a tournament are no better than an average golfer on the pga tour. I

Β 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
8 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Needs to stop acting like he is playing with house money.

Isn't he though?

7 hours ago, GolfLug said:

It's just that ruins the greatest calling card of all time in all of sport for me.

I mean he is insisting he wouldn't be out here if didn't think he could win.Tiger of the old would never mess around with this rinky dink BS.

So Lee Trevino throwing the snake over to Nicklaus and both of them having a laugh in a major championship playoff, that's just bad/dumb/whatever? They're not true competitors?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I'm still processing the fact that Tiger walks around with tampons in his pocket..

Tiger's been carrying that in his pocket for 2 years, just waiting for the perfect moment to hand it to JT.Β  He finally outdrove him.

Unfortunately, whether he meant it or not, he's denigrating women's golf.Β Β 

The positive out of this is that after all these years Tiger is lightening up.Β  You never would have seen that in his prime when he was always deadly serious.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Unfortunately, whether he meant it or not, he's denigrating women's golf.Β Β 

Yeah, I don't see it that way. It's a factΒ that women hit it shorter than men. So… whatever.

If he had given him a pacifier would the babies on Twitter have thrown a fit? πŸ˜„

• Like 1
  • Booooooooo 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, I don't see it that way. It's a factΒ that women hit it shorter than men. So… whatever.

I do see it that way. Guessing your daughter outdrives a lot of guys her age and many, many men.Β  Bit of a childish prank for a 47 year old man.

• Informative 1

47 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I do see it that way. Guessing your daughter outdrives a lot of guys her age and many, many men.Β  Bit of a childish prank for a 47 year old man.

I’m childish too - I’m constantly treating my boys similarly in those moments

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

19 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I’m childish too - I’m constantly treating my boys similarly in those moments

If, as Erik mentioned, Tiger had handed JT a pacifier, that would have been really funny and nobody would have been offended.Β  100% of toddlers using a pacifier would have just flicked some mashed potatoes at Tiger.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Come on Mocha……

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Come on Mocha……

"Come on" what?Β  I have two firefighter friends who happen to be women... Kathy and Lorelei.Β  They bested all the men they went up against in the physical tests to get their jobs.Β  Are they outliers?Β  No.Β  They are just in good shape and work out regularly.Β  Sure, women on the whole, do not have the physical makeup of men.Β  But that is not a good reason for Tiger to pull a sexist prank.Β  BTW, he did quite well today with a 67.Β  I award him 2 tampons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Isn't he though?

Of course. I don't care if he doesn't win. But it would bug me if that's his mindset now. He has plenty of gas left in the tank and more importantly, It goes against the Tiger anthem. He is the one insisting he can still beat everyone.Β 

3 hours ago, iacas said:

So Lee Trevino throwing the snake over to Nicklaus and both of them having a laugh in a major championship playoff, that's just bad/dumb/whatever? They're not true competitors?

Apples to Onions. That was always Trevino's MO - precisely designed to distract, not to chum it up with Nicklaus or whoever..Gamesmanship.

Nicklaus also famously asked LT to zip it (politely, I am sure) one time at the start of a round I think.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Are they outliers?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Apples to Onions. That was always Trevino's MO - precisely designed to distract, not to chum it up with Nicklaus or whoever..Gamesmanship.

Nicklaus was joking around with him. Right before a playoff for aΒ major championship.

It wasn't one-sided.

Plus, attend a tournament, and watch the guys. They joke around, they talk, etc. during rounds. They're slow. They have a LOT of time out there.