IGNORED

Malaysian Airlines Flight Missing, Presumed Crashed

geauxforbroke
Note: This thread is 3675 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/777/28420,9M-MRO-Malaysia-Airlines.php

Ha ha.

So funny.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A follow on to the Maldives story.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-possible-mh370-sighting-as-maldives-residents-report-lowflying-jumbo-20140319-hvkb0.html

Michael

Found this interesting: (from http://ogleearth.com/2014/03/flight-mh370-search-data-in-google-earth/)

The intersection of the white and red is where Australia is searching and is near the Diamantina Trench (deepest part of the Indian Ocean).

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

News reporting tonight from Australia that two objects from the plane may have been found in the ocean.

Wow. I do see this article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-20/abbott-says-possible-objects-found-mh370/5334314

Funny because I was just looking around for charts showing possible maps, and I was struck with the Google Earth map above showing the intersection of the red arc from the final ping, and the white arc from the max fuel range. I think that is where Australia was searching. If that's the debris, you have to conclude someone flew the plane deliberately to exhaustion.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Wow. I do see this article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-20/abbott-says-possible-objects-found-mh370/5334314

Funny because I was just looking around for charts showing possible maps, and I was struck with the Google Earth map above showing the intersection of the red arc from the final ping, and the white arc from the max fuel range. I think that is where Australia was searching. If that's the debris, you have to conclude someone flew the plane deliberately to exhaustion.

Yeah, if true the only speculation left would be if somehow the pilots were incapacitated and somehow the auto-pilot could have flown that route, or one of the pilots (or another passenger) did it on purpose.

I was leaning more toward a plan for the plane to land somewhere, with ill intent, going bad and crashing in the ocean but that's too far away for my theory to hold any water.

Gives you an idea of the search degree of difficulty. That doesn't look like anything to me, assuming this is the actual resolution and they don't have a super high res one, but I defer to the experts.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

They found it!!!!

Also Melissa is naked

Could you kindly flip to page 32-33 please.

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Could you kindly flip to page 32-33 please.

I believe that's Melissa Debling. I posted her in the hot women thread. There's plenty of her to see if you do a GIS.

Colin P.

Hmmm. Which story to believe. ;-)

Not sure I believe either story yet. That debris could be anything, right? Of course, they likely reduced the resolution for general release. And as for the moon, there's no way because they would've run out of fuel half way. :)

My Swing

Gives you an idea of the search degree of difficulty. That doesn't look like anything to me, assuming this is the actual resolution and they don't have a super high res one, but I defer to the experts.

Someone told me they degrade the photo resolution before sending it out to keep their capabilities secret.

Edit: That's probably not true.  The Washington Post says "The images were taken by a commercial satellite, according to Australian authorities, and date-stamped March 16."  The company is from Denver.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

So the authorities have officially concluded that it went down in that area off Perth.  Something about new analysis from a British satellite.  They haven't explained it more than to say its a sort of analysis never before used for this sort of thing.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

So I've not been following as closely the past few days and maybe I should already know this but with all the hands in the pot at this point, exactly who is "leading" these efforts? Is it Malaysia with a ton of supporting countries or has someone else stepped up to "un-f@ck" this situation? For a while there it resembled the Keystone Cops...

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Sad but a very predictable end.

There should be some widespread ramifications among American news programs for the way they covered this entire story. I know its unlikely because it made for the ratings but there was some absolutely awful journalism on display the past 2 weeks. I feel terrible for the families of the Pilots and the crew that likely died as heroes attempting to save the aircraft.

So much reporting was proved false whether it was bad information released by investigators or just supposition or conjecture. In a story so devoid of any facts news agencies basically slandered 2 young Iranian passengers and then the Pilots and the crew. Too many "this is what could have happened" theories were thrown around, most of them completely ridiculous. I know the story sold to its audience but they should be ashamed that it came at the cost of all those that lots their lives and families that lost their loved ones.

I understand they can't rule anything out about why the plane went down but in all certainty one would have to believe there was some catastrophic event that happened on the plane whether it be mechanical failure, electrical failure or a fire. I don't know why we have to assume it to be terrorism or suicide when there is absolutely no evidence that points that way. There was never any evidence that pointed to the pilots other than the plane changed course. Its ridiculous that the most coherent theory and article was written by a blogger/former pilot on Google + and then published on Wired.

On top of all the incessant "breaking news" alerts and the ridiculous round table discussions on CNN and Fox News, it was as bad as I've ever seen journalism be handed to the American people. Anchors playing with toy airplanes, guest analysts giving their wild lost like theories, the Fox News guys all convinced it landed in Pakistan and was being prepped to be weaponized and even on air anchors suggesting the supernatural. It was all insanely ridiculous. Its great to have theories but to spew them about on major news networks 24/7 with nothing to substantiate them isn't journalism. Leave that stuff for online blogs and reddit.

I'm sure there will be many many many lawsuits filed by families of those that died whether against the Airline, the Malaysian Gov't but I'd bet these new agencies will have some answering to do. Just imagine being a family member of either pilot and having the whole world think your husband/father/brother/cousin(etc) hijacked a plane, or committed suicide and killed hundreds of people with little to evidence to support it. If that's not the definition of slander than I don't know what is.

Sad but a very predictable end.

There should be some widespread ramifications among American news programs for the way they covered this entire story. I know its unlikely because it made for the ratings but there was some absolutely awful journalism on display the past 2 weeks. I feel terrible for the families of the Pilots and the crew that likely died as heroes attempting to save the aircraft.

So much reporting was proved false whether it was bad information released by investigators or just supposition or conjecture. In a story so devoid of any facts news agencies basically slandered 2 young Iranian passengers and then the Pilots and the crew. Too many "this is what could have happened" theories were thrown around, most of them completely ridiculous. I know the story sold to its audience but they should be ashamed that it came at the cost of all those that lots their lives and families that lost their loved ones.

I understand they can't rule anything out about why the plane went down but in all certainty one would have to believe there was some catastrophic event that happened on the plane whether it be mechanical failure, electrical failure or a fire. I don't know why we have to assume it to be terrorism or suicide when there is absolutely no evidence that points that way. There was never any evidence that pointed to the pilots other than the plane changed course. Its ridiculous that the most coherent theory and article was written by a blogger/former pilot on Google + and then published on Wired.

On top of all the incessant "breaking news" alerts and the ridiculous round table discussions on CNN and Fox News, it was as bad as I've ever seen journalism be handed to the American people. Anchors playing with toy airplanes, guest analysts giving their wild lost like theories, the Fox News guys all convinced it landed in Pakistan and was being prepped to be weaponized and even on air anchors suggesting the supernatural. It was all insanely ridiculous. Its great to have theories but to spew them about on major news networks 24/7 with nothing to substantiate them isn't journalism. Leave that stuff for online blogs and reddit.

I'm sure there will be many many many lawsuits filed by families of those that died whether against the Airline, the Malaysian Gov't but I'd bet these new agencies will have some answering to do. Just imagine being a family member of either pilot and having the whole world think your husband/father/brother/cousin(etc) hijacked a plane, or committed suicide and killed hundreds of people with little to evidence to support it. If that's not the definition of slander than I don't know what is.

I've been out all day but from your comment you must have some news information that I haven't heard (and can't find anywhere on the internet, or on TV).

All I've seen is that the Malaysian government declared the plane lost in the southern Indian Ocean, and that the rescue planes had possibly located debris connected with the plane (but haven't picked it up yet).

I can find nothing that says anything about the guilt or innocence of the pilots or anybody else. One of the theories all along was some weird sort of suicide mission.

BTW. One way or the other I agree with you about "News" coverage. I would expect all sorts of theory and speculation on the Opinion and Entertainment segments of cable news but in this case it was wall to wall even in the "Hard News" time slots.

Well for starters they had to recant about the final ACARs transmission showing that the turn was already programmed in, cause it wasn't. Malaysian officials and satellite companies said there was absolutely no way they could know when the turn was programmed in and it wasn't in at the time of the last transmission. And new information that the plane dropped to 10,000 feet shortly after the turn which would indicate there was likely a mechanical issue and could have been depressurization of the plane. It would also be under the protocol to get the plane down if you have to turn around to get it out of traffic.

The entire point is that there were so many things reported that were never true or proved to be false by very well respected news agencies. The Wall Street Journal and New York Times are two big ones that come to mind that put reports out from "anonymous" sources that are now untrue or false or have no evidence to support the claims.

The point is there is no evidence to support any of the theories other than the plane turned around and dropped altitude and then flew till it likely ran out of fuel.

It was so crazily irresponsible of CNN and all these other new agencies to even entertain the idea that the plane might have landed. They gave weeks of false hope to loved ones with nothing to support it.

The release of information by the Malaysians wasn't good but as its been pointed out by many people now it was because there wasn't much to release. The Media created this frantic mess that never had to be.

I hate hate hate Bill O'Reilly but I caught a nice editorial aside at the start of his program and he kills it condemning all these news agencies(including Faux News) for irresponsible and reprehensible journalism.

Note: This thread is 3675 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!