IGNORED

Malaysian Airlines Flight Missing, Presumed Crashed

geauxforbroke
Note: This thread is 3645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've found myself so intrigued by this story, I'm actually reading pilot forums looking for informed conversation on this matter (present company excluded of course). Just an absurd story.

Ditto. I watched many hours of CNN while home one of those days, and I was stunned at how bad their coverage was compared to some of the information I could garner through the internet (there was plenty of junk too, but good info was available if you sifted through sources). CNN tried and tried and tried to fit this into a mechanical failure story (by remaining open to all theories), even when the preponderance of "facts" long since left that theory in the dust. It was ostensibly to remain open-minded and distrustful of facts until confirmed, but they were pushing the Lithium battery idea, for example, long after that was logical with the emerging situation. Mary Schiavo, in particular, was curious in the way she stuck with the idea that this was clearly a cabin decompression and hypoxia event (all actions explained by confusion). In her words, that was the simplest explanation.... but to believe that, you would have had to discount the perfect timing of things, which had been treated as established facts by that time. I was so frustrated that CNN never tried to reconcile the mechanical failure possibilities with the direction that many of the informed people in the aviation community were heading with the information available.

There's a difference between open-minded and dim-witted, and CNN seemed more on the dim-witted side. But I did enjoy their wall to wall coverage. I did get the basic facts from them, even if they painfully tried to avoid drawing logical conclusions from them. I agree the pilot forum you linked to was a wealth of informed info. I also saw a link to that same forum early on and followed it closely. Riveting, but scary stuff.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@RandallT Agreed with what you said.

There's a new, absurd theory floating around that the Captain did it as a government protest of some kind... something to do with gay rights or something (the politician he supported was jailed for homosexuality the day before the plane disappeared)? Normally I wouldn't bring this up, but earlier today I was looking at his YouTube page and one of his last "likes" was  this Bill Maher interview:

As I said earlier:

I'm looking at the pilot's youtube page in an attempt to psychologically profile him. He's mostly thumbs up'd comedy videos, videos that promote atheism, and videos that promote free thought and creativity. His five video uploads show a technical appreciation for tinkering with hardware. He also liked several videos that teach you how to jailbreak an iphone or use SSH.

I dunno, besides the technical likes and uploads -- which could correlate with the speculation that the person who disabled the various internal systems of MH370 had to be an expert at what he was doing -- there isn't a whole lot here to point to him being the guy. That said, we can't rule anything out at this point. But I mean... one of the people this guy subscribes to is Sarah Silverman... I just can't see someone who would subscribe to Sarah Silverman, Richard Dawkins, Comedy Central, TED Talks, and Eddie Izzard as being capable of intentionally diverting this plane for nefarious purposes...

But then again, who really knows.

Zaharie Shah's Youtube Page

Is this possible? Who knows. I probably sound like one of those a-holes on TV right now. Still, I'm admittedly just throwing spit balls at the wall at this point.

This is probably an absurd link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-fears-over-3247649

And I apologize profusely if this turned out to be yet another red herring. 99% chance it is. I'm only bringing it up because it kind of correlates with what I was looking at earlier today on his Youtube page when I attempted to psychologically profile him.

PS- The Associated Press I am not ;-) ... This is obviously proof of nothing. I'm just saying, I noticed how his "likes" were strongly geared towards freedom of thought... I don't know really anything about the Malaysian government, but maybe that's a real issue over there. OK... rambling now.

Constantine

Some new details;

the plane reached a waypoint  that was on it's original flight plan and then turned its transponders off.

The transponders were turned off at different times with enough of a lapse in time that it indicates it was done manually versus an explosion

Rolls Royce confirmed that if one of the engines were turned off, the flight time could have been increased by as much as 4 hours

This is a new flight plan they believe the plan followed.  The flight was an overnight flight so passengers may not have know the flight changed course.

What's interesting about this flight plan is that as designed, it would avoid any civilian radar detection and most known military radar as well.  The transponders were turned off at the Igari waypoint.

The pilot was photographed with kids and female passengers inside the planes cockpit which indicates cockpit access from hostiles was possible.

Thoughts are that given the flight plan, turning off of transponders, etc that this was done by someone with a lot of knowledge about the planes which means the pilot and co-pilot are under suspicion as well (suicide).

The flight was not full but passenger count was limited due to excessive cargo.  To this point the cargo contents or owners are not being shared with the public

Overall the feeling among the "informed" is many of the details are being withheld or obfuscated to prevent anyone outside of government from figuring out what why the plane is missing and where it could have landed, crashed or been shot down.

This is really interesting. When the topic of two European passports were stolen and used by two of the passengers, the first thought that crossed my mind was "hijack". The second thought was two dudes trying to get asylum to China. The only issue with this is that China is not likely to want to piss off any other nation, as the country is going through an internal growth spurt. Not likely to risk anything anymore.

A big question is if they were hijacked what could they get out of it?

What is a more likely scenario?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just wanted to add... It's ironic that I wrote a few posts ago how I was scouring pilot forums for intelligent discussion on MH370... and then I make a post connecting deliberate pilot intervention with the possibility of a government related protest for freedom of gay rights :doh: ... It's just so absurd re-reading my post on that... Sorry again if that one is proven categorically false.

Constantine

Hard to see a motive for all of the events as they supposedly happened unless the end goal was to land the plane somewhere. If it was a suicide mission it would have made more sense to just crash the plane instead of all of the manuvering and turning off transponders. If it was a political statement it would be more likely for the pilot to make a statement with the last communication transmitted. I said it was a weird story from the start and it's still a weird story now. May have nothing to do with anything but has anybody heard what the cargo was?

Hard to see a motive for all of the events as they supposedly happened unless the end goal was to land the plane somewhere.

If it was a suicide mission it would have made more sense to just crash the plane instead of all of the manuvering and turning off transponders.

If it was a political statement it would be more likely for the pilot to make a statement with the last communication transmitted.

I said it was a weird story from the start and it's still a weird story now.

May have nothing to do with anything but has anybody heard what the cargo was?

No we don't know what was in the cargo. The media speculated earlier (I'm sure you know) that were were lithium batteries being (illegally) transported... or that the lithium batteries in the rear of the plane that powers the electronics caught fire.

But other than that, we have no clue what was in the cargo. There are conspiracy theories on the pilot forum that there was gold in the cargo, and that was the target of the hijackers, as well as the plane itself... but it appears the regular users there debunked that as completely absurd and impossible.

Constantine

Sorry for the double post, but I realize I linked to a UK daily mirror article above... yea... I know that's not the most credible news source. My bad in advance.

Constantine

The pilots and ATC'ers are still debating the cause.  The problem appears to be that real details aren't being provided other than the course of the plane, but even that is getting questioned now as part of a larger cover up.

Another story that broke is the recent threat of a 9/11 type terrorist attack.  The link to the article is here; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

Evidence of a plot by Malaysian Islamists to hijack a passenger jet in a 9/11-style attack is being investigated in connection with the disappearance of Flight MH370

An al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that four to five Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door.

Security experts said the evidence from a convicted British terrorist was “credible”. The supergrass said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists – one of whom was a pilot – in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.

Joe Paradiso

My take was that either it blew up in the air, or either the greatest hijack ever pulled off. Well this piece has a theory on the later. Who knows?

Flight 370 passengers may still be alive; 'pirated' Boeing 777 may return to skies as stealth nuclear weapon Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/044307_Flight_370_passengers_alive_air_piracy.html##ixzz2w5iP7m00

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

And on another note. If you are interested in crowdsourcing the effort to scan satellite photos via Tomnod you can link up here. Over 3 million have joined so far.

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/

• Upvote 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

My take was that either it blew up in the air, or either the greatest hijack ever pulled off. Well this piece has a theory on the later. Who knows? Flight 370 passengers may still be alive; 'pirated' Boeing 777 may return to skies as stealth nuclear weapon Learn more: [URL=http://www.naturalnews.com/044307_Flight_370_passengers_alive_air_piracy.html##ixzz2w5iP7m00]http://www.naturalnews.com/044307_Flight_370_passengers_alive_air_piracy.html##ixzz2w5iP7m00[/URL]

Not impossible I suppose, but there are some pretty big logical leaps there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I find this very intriguing. Posting to subscribe.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

From what I'm reading, the catastrophic failure theory has holes. Here is a good takedown: http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-219.html#post8379860 From what I see, the scenario that fits best thus far is unspeakably evil: One person. Disables ACARS. Kills other pilot. Says goodnight to Malaysia ATC. Disables transponder. Depressurizes cabin. Takes plane to 40,000ft to kill passengers. Reduces altitude after oxygen depleted. Rest of flight he disposes of the plane where it won't be found: South Indian Ocean when fuel runs out. Voice recorder keeps 2 hours so he wants evidence removed, just in case. He prob disabled flight data recording too. The guy is trained to know how to do all this. He doesn't want his family to be shamed so the efforts to hide his suicide are worth it. He is a desperate man certainly- quite depressing. But the scenario sadly fits. I have no dog in this hunt. I'm fascinated by all possibilities. Objectively, this one aligns better than others I've seen debated. I'm not here to argue for or against it, and I didn't come up with it. If you've got one better, I'd consider it. So far, no other theories I've seen in the pilot forums stand up to as much scrutiny.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

From what I'm reading, the catastrophic failure theory has holes. Here is a good takedown:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-219.html#post8379860

From what I see, the scenario that fits best thus far is unspeakably evil:

One person. Disables ACARS. Kills other pilot. Says goodnight to Malaysia ATC. Disables transponder. Depressurizes cabin. Takes plane to 40,000ft to kill passengers. Reduces altitude after oxygen depleted. Rest of flight he disposes of the plane where it won't be found: South Indian Ocean when fuel runs out. Voice recorder keeps 2 hours so he wants evidence removed, just in case. He prob disabled flight data recording too. The guy is trained to know how to do all this.

He doesn't want his family to be shamed so the efforts to hide his suicide are worth it. He is a desperate man certainly- quite depressing. But the scenario sadly fits.

I have no dog in this hunt. I'm fascinated by all possibilities. Objectively, this one aligns better than others I've seen debated. I'm not here to argue for or against it, and I didn't come up with it. If you've got one better, I'd consider it. So far, no other theories I've seen in the pilot forums stand up to as much scrutiny.

Yea I agree... hiding the crash site as he did could be a motive to not only save his family from shame, but perhaps, to also get them an insurance payout from the crash. I don't think they've publicly released the financial status of the captain, but it wouldn't terribly surprise me if he was seriously hurting for cash. If he wanted his family to get a payout, he has to cover his tracks.

But yea, disabling the ACARS, depressurizing the cabin, and then later flying to 45,000 feet to kill everyone seems to fit together.

...And I just started off my Sunday morning on not the most pleasant of notes :doh:

But more and more I've thought about Silk Air Flight 185. The pilot committed suicide there, but the manner in which he did it could be similar to the theoretical final actions of whoever was controlling MH370.

The Silk Air pilot aggressively pointed the nose downward, and according to the black boxes, broke the speed of sound moments before impacting the water. Pieces of the plane were flying off during the descent they were going so fast. When it finally crashed, the plane literally disintegrated upon impact to the point where only about 70% of the wreckage was ever recovered, despite authorities knowing exactly where the plane went down.

Silk Air 185 crashed in a river near a remote finish village, so there were eyes on the scene almost immediately after the crash. The vast majority of the plane was concentrated to a small 200 by 260 foot area in the river and not a single complete body was recovered.

My point here is if the person who was flying MH370 did this too -- nose diving it to the point where the plane broke the sound barrier -- we may never find this plane. It'd be concentrated to one tiny blip in the vast Indian Ocean, where the majority of the wreckage possibly disintegrated upon impact.

Constantine

Cable news bites. I read the major dailies, Twitter (@mas - Malaysian Airlines), reddit, my RSS feed and anything salient on the interwebs. If I watch anything cable, it's clips with substantial content via the Internet. Watching CNN live is like sticking a vacuum hose into my brain and sucking all my grey matter out, having my brain regenerate, rinse and repeat.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yea I agree... hiding the crash site as he did could be a motive to not only save his family from shame, but perhaps, to also get them an insurance payout from the crash. I don't think they've publicly released the financial status of the captain, but it wouldn't terribly surprise me if he was seriously hurting for cash. If he wanted his family to get a payout, he has to cover his tracks.  But yea, disabling the ACARS, depressurizing the cabin, and then later flying to 45,000 feet to kill everyone seems to fit together.  ...And I just started off my Sunday morning on not the most pleasant of notes :doh:   But more and more I've thought about Silk Air Flight 185. The pilot committed suicide there, but the manner in which he did it could be similar to the theoretical final actions of whoever was controlling MH370.  The Silk Air pilot aggressively pointed the nose downward, and according to the black boxes, broke the speed of sound moments before impacting the water. Pieces of the plane were flying off during the descent they were going so fast. When it finally crashed, the plane literally disintegrated upon impact to the point where only about 70% of the wreckage was ever recovered, despite authorities knowing exactly where the plane went down.  Silk Air 185 crashed in a river near a remote finish village, so there were eyes on the scene almost immediately after the crash. The vast majority of the plane was concentrated to a small 200 by 260 foot area in the river and not a single complete body was recovered.  My point here is if the person who was flying MH370 did this too -- nose diving it to the point where the plane broke the sound barrier -- we may never find this plane. It'd be concentrated to one tiny blip in the vast Indian Ocean, where the majority of the wreckage possibly disintegrated upon impact.

Been getting more involved with this news story. Read up the Silk Air crash on Wikipedia from your reference. I think that's likely how it went down Feel really sad for the passengers and their families. May never be able to find the plane

Yea I agree... hiding the crash site as he did could be a motive to not only save his family from shame, but perhaps, to also get them an insurance payout from the crash.

Do we know what is insurance policy in Malesia (or where ever his insurance is from)? Suicide does not necessarily rule out payout, not all is Hollywood.

Been getting more involved with this news story.

Read up the Silk Air crash on Wikipedia from your reference.

I think that's likely how it went down

Feel really sad for the passengers and their families.

May never be able to find the plane

Yea. An absolute nightmare for the families. Ugh.

Unrelated, I just wanted to point out that if the plane is found every theory but one -- or no theories at all -- will look completely absurd. We are all obviously letting our imaginations run wild with possibilities in our search for answers. But I do want to acknowledge that I am aware that most of what is being talked in the media will look quite foolish if we ever find the black boxes.

And yea, I really, really hope we can find them. It'd be horrendous if this turns into a 21st century Amelia Earhart situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea I agree... hiding the crash site as he did could be a motive to not only save his family from shame, but perhaps, to also get them an insurance payout from the crash.

Do we know what is insurance policy in Malesia (or where ever his insurance is from)? Suicide does not necessarily rule out payout, not all is Hollywood.

Good question. I have no clue. I don't even really know how their government functions to be honest. I'm just talking out loud, looking for conversation and trying not to sound like an idiot when I do :-D

Appreciate the reply. Yea, that'd be important information to find out. I just assumed (assuming is usually bad) that was the policy.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!