IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And of course, Phil just drained a long birdie on 10.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice to see KJ Choi play pretty well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

How geeks watch The Masters. My eyez, my eyez :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Nice putt Phil, think he remembered Tiger shot 40-30 in the first round in '97?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Phil after making any sort of putt or shot - add in small head nod between each hat tip

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

How geeks watch The Masters. My eyez, my eyez :-)

I don't have quite that armada of tablets, but I do have screens as wide as the eyes can see: Only problem is that I need to build a pedestal or something for my TV.

In my bag:

Rose just bombed one down 13....

I don't know what shoes you guys are wearing ( bowling shoes? ) but a sports shoe would suffice if you are commonly slipping everywhere you walk?

Think about walking up and down grassy slopes, especially on dewey mornings, in tennis shoes.  They have traction for tennis courts, or any other hard, dry, surface, but they are still just flat, rubber-soled shoes.  Golf shoes would be much more practical.  On a mostly flat course, especially if I knew it was going to be dry, I would just wear tennis shoes.

And to further clarify from earlier, I wear golf shoes to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays (usually) because I go to the range at lunch and it saves the hassle of changing my shoes at the range, AND, these are more comfortable than any other shoes I own. :beer:

Golf courses thrash shoes. Even on a nice day I come home with mud, sand, goose shit, you name it on my shoes. No way I am subjecting my running shoes to that. Last time I golfed in my street shoes I had to run them through the washing machine. I get why spectators wear golf shoes.

Dave :-)

Think about walking up and down grassy slopes, especially on dewey mornings, in tennis shoes.  They have traction for tennis courts, or any other hard, dry, surface, but they are still just flat, rubber-soled shoes.  Golf shoes would be much more practical.  On a mostly flat course, especially if I knew it was going to be dry, I would just wear tennis shoes.

And to further clarify from earlier, I wear golf shoes to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays (usually) because I go to the range at lunch and it saves the hassle of changing my shoes at the range, AND, these are more comfortable than any other shoes I own.

Ok, I was imagining you wearing something like these around the office:

Yes, golf shoes would have more grip in wet grassy hills, but not necessary, depending on the sneaker.

Maybe the hills at Augusta are steeper than I am aware of - but I've never experienced grass that slippery and I come from this place

But maybe one day I'll slip on my ass at Augusta, if I'm ever lucky enough to go :banana:

Golf courses thrash shoes. Even on a nice day I come home with mud, sand, goose shit, you name it on my shoes. No way I am subjecting my running shoes to that. Last time I golfed in my street shoes I had to run them through the washing machine. I get why spectators wear golf shoes.

Well when you hit it in the ponds and trees........

Hehe....OK, I debated making this post because I thought it might be better to let you stay blissful in your picks, but in the end, decided you'd thank me later... still, please don't shoot the messenger... but I think you missed a critical clause in the contest's rules....

So taking Scott and Kuchar 2nd and 3rd were wasted picks because people have them as their 1st selection. Your only live horse is Jason Day at 6-under.

Don't shoot the messenger, @Hammer 4

Lemme buy you a digital drink

Looks like Jason may be going down in flames...4 over....meh.. :no:

Lee Westwood

In the trees "I hope they got rid of all the snakes'

lol

GMAC even. We can live with that. A lot of golf to be played......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Phil wedged it into the water on 15

Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!