IGNORED

So You Wanna Look Like a "Real" Golfer?

colin007
Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Stop treating "the turn" like a damn restaurant. Get in, get your wiener/beer and get out!

• Tip the cart girl!

• Don't leave your broken tees in place. Bend over, pick it up and throw it away.

• Don't call at the last minute to tell me that you're running late. We planned on a 7:05 tee time 48 hours in advance.

• Use the practice green for actual practice before your round.

• Don't throw cigars or cigs out on the course. If you're smoking, like I do, put it out and scrap them in a plastic bottle or something.

• For the love of god, buy clothes that you fit you!

• Limit alcohol intake during the round. Go nuts after the round if you have a safe ride home, but don't waste other people's time playing cross-eyed and sloppy.

• Don't pack a full-sized meal to take with you on the course. You're out there for 3-4 hours 99% of the time. You're not starving.

Hey, I use those broken tees on all par 3's or holes that I'm not hitting driver. I need those. :-D

• Don't hit 2 balls off the first tee every time, unless you need a provisional.  That is what the range is for

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Get a white belt and, if your hat is baseball-style, have it golf-related.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

-  Take your glove off when you reach the green.

I don't know about this one... 18 majors sounds like a "real" golfer to me. Glove or no glove...

They were still wearing coats and ties in the gallery back then.  The times change......

:-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Get a white belt and, if your hat is baseball-style, have it golf-related.

I have to wear baseball team hats - baseball style golf hats do not come in my size which is bigger than most. ie. Nike's Large/X-Large does not fit my head.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have to wear baseball team hats - baseball style golf hats do not come in my size which is bigger than most. ie. Nike's Large/X-Large does not fit my head.

Barry Bonds, is that you?

Colin P.

Have you tried the Titleist Pro V1 mesh fitted hat? This is pretty much the only hat that I have found to date that fits me. It still leaves a line on my head after I take it off, but it's not leaving me dizzy and lightheaded after a round or during the day.

Can't remember the brand of the hats they sell at our home course, starts with an R. Better fit than the fitted Titleist mesh cap and higher quality. Real nice brim, thick with a trim color in between what ever color the majority of the hat it.

Dave :-)

Who are these giant headed golfers on this website?? Wtf... Lol!! I agree with whoever said "buy clothes that fit". Also, those telescoping ball retrievers? Not a good look...

Colin P.

I have tried multiple versions of fitted hats - the problem being that they are too narrow at the front, whereas baseball hats are wider.

My forehead is 'pronounced' so I need all the help I can get form a wider hat.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I probably own 30 golf hats. All are adjustable. I didn't realize they made fitted hats any more!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I would say just know your surroundings If your at a par 3 course that's not great wear whatever you want but if you're at a nice course dress like a golfer with good fit clothes and no cargo shorts If the course Is not busy then you can take your time more and play an extra ball but when it's busy 1 or 2 practise swings a couple wagles and just hot the ball Don't do anything to make the course uglier like buts of cigs on the fairways or emptys. Throw your garbage in the cans

a white belt?

a golf related hat?

Is this a must to be a real golfer?

Be respectful

Turn the phone on vibrate

No music on the phone

Repair ball marks/divots

Pick broken t

Don't drag your feet

I too use those broken t for other shots that I don't use a driver on

Ping G25 Black Dot Irons

Ping G25 4 Wood 16*

Titleist 925i

Ben Hogan Putter

Ben Hogan 58* Wedge

"Cant Beat The Foot Joys"

Really don't care what people look like as long as they respect the course and others. I suppose the only advice I'd give is take a lesson or two if you want to "look" like a golfer. Lately the only thing bugging me is how people behave on the range. To them I would say stop being noisy, mind your own biz and abide by the rules. Not sure what the deal is but every time I see someone being disruptive on the range it's the younger guy with a bad swing that thinks he's killing it. Because he thinks he's a pro he has decided he is privileged so he claims a nice grassy spot in an area not designated for hitting balls at that time. Even if there are ropes or mats he stakes his claim to his own area. Then he chews it up hitting balls randomly leaving divots all over. In between his inane banter about how well he thinks is hitting the ball he has the audacity to make disparaging remarks about everyone else there. At some point I see them on the course struggling on the way to something north of 90.

I guess this happens to you quite a bit?

Sometimes, I have seen people hitting the ball 5 feet or more behind everyone else on the range . They act as if there's no chance they could possibly hurt someone else or throw dirt on everyone next to them. If I was next to one of them I would have politely asked him (never once was it a "her") to move up a little bit. If he insisted on still hitting from back there, and this has actually happened, I will warn the other person next to me that I plan to hit one drive from that same 5 feet or more behind position. Usually, they are quite agreeable to that, and assume that it's because I also don't want to get hit by "that person". I proceeded to get my loudest driver, the hardest ball in my bucket and my highest tee. Next, I would stuff some tissue paper in my ear and quietly warn the same other person that it might be a little loud. Never took more than one time, and as a reward for moving up I would put away that driver.

This used to happen a lot at the ranges I frequent, but I noticed that it does not happen much anymore.

Curious. :whistle:

Note that I am not really bragging about my macho ability to hit so far that it is loud. Actually, I just hit "okay" distances. However, DG X100/200 steel shafts seem to amplify the loudness of any driver , by a lot. Great for moving people around the range though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

a white belt? a golf related hat? Is this a must to be a real golfer?

The title says "LOOK LIKE". So then, yes, they are musts... And hence, the tongue in cheek vibe of most of this thread. But I whole heartedly agree with "don't drag your feet".

Colin P.

Must have alignment sticks sticking out of the bag.

Must use laser rangefinder for each shot including tee shot on par 3's. Chances are the distance shown on your range finder is only good for giving u an idea on where to head off in the woods to look for the 14th ball you've jacked over there today.

The white belt.

Staff bag.

Have a dozen or so bag tags. Including your entire 2000- present USGA members tag.

Shoes. glove. belt, hat must match.

All clothing from head to toe must be of same brand.

If not using sunglasses they must be turned around to the back so people can see logo on front of hat.

Hat logo must represent either the clothing line you are wearing or what's in your bag.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!