IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

SO how about the Irish lass Stephanie Meadow who finished 3rd in her very first professional tournament!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote:

Originally Posted by atb5079

Never liked her attitude. She has always given off an entitled feel. She didnt live up to her hype for a long time and her attitude regarding it bothered me.

I don't get this. I get not liking the hype from when she was 16 but that's on the media not her. She seems like a nice person, humble and polite. Really, what's not to like?

Totally. Even "not liking the hype,"...really? We're that overly sensitive that the media's projected expectations of a teenager cause us to have negative feelings towards someone/thing? Very odd...

Michelle was great on Feherty last season as well - seemed very down to earth & actually funny.     Don't get all the hate ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Michelle was great on Feherty last season as well - seemed very down to earth & actually funny.     Don't get all the hate ...

Haters gonna hate... :sleep:

Grown men on this site have even called her "air-head"

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• Administrator
Grown men on this site have even called her "air-head"

Grown men without degrees from Stanford, in fact. Yes.

Does she say "ummm" and "you know" fairly often? Yes. But for that matter, I do it more frequently than I would prefer as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Totally. Even "not liking the hype,"...really? We're that overly sensitive that the media's projected expectations of a teenager cause us to have negative feelings towards someone/thing? Very odd...

Yep, It appears that some folks are just that overly sensitive.

I jumped out of my couch when she made that birdie on the 17th green.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

• Administrator

I could have done without seeing that video.

Oh well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Oh well.

Same here, it made me think of Miley and now I just want to lose my lunch.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Oh well.

See....I pretty much feel totally validated by seeing it.  Normal people can be great athletes and still play VERY hard.

I like to see pictures of the pros drinking from the trophies.....

Some of the non-cup type trophies out there I have no interest in seeing what they do, though.

Bill - 

• Administrator

I like to see pictures of the pros drinking from the trophies.....

That's not the part I would have been content not to see.

Not sure I follow this.  Obviously, it's an opinion, so I can't argue with it, but it seems a bit unfair to me to judge somebody for not living up to the ridiculous expectations set on her by somebody else.

Speaking of the hype, if think it's beyond unfair to say she didn't live up to anything (using the past tense).

I learned today that Wie is the same age that Annika Sorenstam was when she won her first US Open, which also happened to be her first major.  Wie has a looooooooong career ahead of her and we need to wait several years before we make any judgments on how it turns out.

I agree 'dad.  I think she was terribly poorly served by the adults in her early career and I am very happy that it looks like they may not have permanently ruined her after all.  And, as you say, she is still just 24 and has a lot of years ahead of her.

I do understand some of the dislike for her, because although she is humble now (life will do that to you), a lot of those high expectations were largely generated in her early years by her own talk of being the first woman to play in the Masters and her desire to play against the men when she hadn't even won against the women.  But I attribute almost all of that to the adults around her, who were largely looking at her as a ticket on the gravy train rather than caring about the natural development of her golf game.  You have to give her credit for being in that cauldron and coming out as pleasant and attractive to root for as she has.

I was surprised at how happy I was that she won.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Y'all don't know what you're talking about. It's a body double. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Y'all don't know what you're talking about. It's a body double. :-)

You think my wife would buy that line? Lol... :-P

Colin P.

• Administrator

But I attribute almost all of that to the adults around her…

… and the fact that she was 14, 15, 16…

Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!