IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

@billchao Just an update. I made the pork again and used your banana leaf advice....wow. I mean, wow. It was awesome! I still went with my black lava salt but the leaf really made a difference. Thanks for sharing that.

Glad you liked it! The type of salt doesn't really matter much, just go with what you have/like.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I am a life long vegetarian, so I don't eat meat or fish. Whilst I am not a vegan, I don't like cheese or eggs. I also don't eat mushrooms, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, parsnips, swedes, beetroot, or cooked spinach. I do eat most other things though

- Simon Hornsby

3 hours ago, Mr Puddle said:

I am a life long vegetarian, so I don't eat meat or fish. Whilst I am not a vegan, I don't like cheese or eggs. I also don't eat mushrooms, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, parsnips, swedes, beetroot, or cooked spinach. I do eat most other things though

I hope you at least take a drink now and then!

Welcome to TheSandTrap :beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I see many pictures on my social media feeds with people eating eggs sunny side up....or just bottom line, runny. How many of you guys eat your eggs like this? Am I missing out on some flavor by not doing it? It just seems gross and I am usually one that has a pretty tough stomach and open appetite.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I see many pictures on my social media feeds with people eating eggs sunny side up....or just bottom line, runny. How many of you guys eat your eggs like this? Am I missing out on some flavor by not doing it? It just seems gross and I am usually one that has a pretty tough stomach and open appetite.

I like a little run in my eggs pretty often. You can dip your toast in it, or let it soak into a tater tot or a hash brown or a breakfast potato or something.

I like a little run in my eggs on a bacon-cheese-egg burger, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

I don't like eggs myself, but in the UK everyone eats them runny, or sends them back

- Simon Hornsby

1 hour ago, Mr Puddle said:

I don't like eggs myself, but in the UK everyone eats them runny, or sends them back

I like them scrambled and more often than not, with cheese.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I like a little run in my eggs pretty often. You can dip your toast in it, or let it soak into a tater tot or a hash brown or a breakfast potato or something.

I have never tried them runny at all. As a matter of fact, I make my scrambled eggs kinda dry. Maybe I should give the runny eggs a try...I have a feeling I know how it will turn out though :yucky:

Bryan A

16 hours ago, TN94z said:

I like them scrambled and more often than not, with cheese.

I have never tried them runny at all. As a matter of fact, I make my scrambled eggs kinda dry. Maybe I should give the runny eggs a try...I have a feeling I know how it will turn out though :yucky:

I like them with cheese too.

Some tips Julia Child had about scrambling egg are:

1. Add a small amount of water instead of milk to make them fluffier. This works great especially if you add a bit of cheese.
  2. Done in the pan, overdone on the plate. Take them out just before they look done in the pan and they will finish with residual heat on the plate. I usually look to see all the liquid has solidified then plate them. They can still look shiny in the pan, but no running liquid.

That being said, I do like runny yokes with fried eggs.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, TN94z said:

Count me in on the runny side.  I'm not much for sunny side up, I prefer to do over easy so all of the white gets cooked, but I like to dip my toast in the yolk.  And I agree with @boogielicious, its easy to overcook scrambled eggs, they should really come out just before the look completely cooked

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

19 hours ago, iacas said:

Same here. Over-easy/medium has been my go to egg preference for years.

17 hours ago, TN94z said:

The easier you cook the eggs the less they have that sometimes bad egg taste.

If you want the best way to make scramble eggs, start off in a small stainless steel sauce pan. Drop a big cut of butter in. Crack in 2-3 eggs, and turn the temp onto low to medium low. Then slowly scramble the eggs and butter together. Keep stirring as the eggs scramble. If you see them start to scramble to fast then take the pan off the heat for a 10 seconds. You are looking for very small curdles, and them to be slightly runny. They will be super soft. Never salt the eggs before hand because it breaks down the proteins.

39 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Done in the pan, overdone on the plate. Take them out just before they look done in the pan and they will finish with residual heat on the plate. I usually look to see all the liquid has solidified then plate them. They can still look shiny in the pan, but no running liquid.

I look for them to be like a thick sauce. If you drag a spoon down the middle the eggs should slowly move back towards the center of the pan. If they stay where they are at, they are overdone.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I like them with cheese too.

Some tips Julia Child had about scrambling egg are:

1. Add a small amount of water instead of milk to make them fluffier. This works great especially if you add a bit of cheese.
  2. Done in the pan, overdone on the plate. Take them out just before they look done in the pan and they will finish with residual heat on the plate. I usually look to see all the liquid has solidified then plate them. They can still look shiny in the pan, but no running liquid.

That being said, I do like runny yokes with fried eggs.

That makes sense on both accounts. I'll give the water a try sometime.

58 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Count me in on the runny side.  I'm not much for sunny side up, I prefer to do over easy so all of the white gets cooked, but I like to dip my toast in the yolk.  And I agree with @boogielicious, its easy to overcook scrambled eggs, they should really come out just before the look completely cooked

I see that pretty often...people using their toast to get all of the yoke cleaned up.

41 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The easier you cook the eggs the less they have that sometimes bad egg taste.

If you want the best way to make scramble eggs, start off in a small stainless steel sauce pan. Drop a big cut of butter in. Crack in 2-3 eggs, and turn the temp onto low to medium low. Then slowly scramble the eggs and butter together. Keep stirring as the eggs scramble. If you see them start to scramble to fast then take the pan off the heat for a 10 seconds. You are looking for very small curdles, and them to be slightly runny. They will be super soft. Never salt the eggs before hand because it breaks down the proteins.

That sounds pretty good with the butter. I may give that a try soon.

Bryan A

• Administrator

I've never had good luck with the water… but I also don't like "fluffy" eggs. Slightly "moist" or "just past runny" scrambled eggs can't, by definition, be fluffy. They're dense.

I scramble my eggs before I cook them, but the butter is important… or you can use oil, too.

I sometimes like skillet scrambled eggs. The kind where it's almost like an omelet, where it's a "sheet" of scrambled eggs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I've never had good luck with the water… but I also don't like "fluffy" eggs. Slightly "moist" or "just past runny" scrambled eggs can't, by definition, be fluffy. They're dense.

I scramble my eggs before I cook them, but the butter is important… or you can use oil, too.

I sometimes like skillet scrambled eggs. The kind where it's almost like an omelet, where it's a "sheet" of scrambled eggs.

I scramble mine before cooking as well. And I usually cook them in the skillet just as you mentioned here. And then I just chop it all up with the spatula.

Bryan A

Getting better and better at making the dim sum staple, turnip cakes. Maybe better than restaurants one day. I dial up the sausages and shrimp. This is Chinese comfort food at its best.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.49.35 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Made some soup today in the Instant Pot

Homemade Chicken Stock - Chicken Backs, Chicken Wings, Carrots, Celery, Leaks
Soup - Carrots, Shredded Roasted Chicken, Shiitake Mushrooms, Spinach, Kale, Chickpeas

fullsizeoutput_50d.jpeg

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

A little surf and turf.  A beautiful NY strip with seared sea scallops, horseradish aioli, and roasted potato salad.  An Argentine Malbec accompanies....

0D5779F3-33EC-45E4-A9C0-04BE9BD61789.jpeg

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

32 minutes ago, David in FL said:

A little surf and turf.  A beautiful NY strip with seared sea scallops, horseradish aioli, and roasted potato salad.  An Argentine Malbec accompanies....

0D5779F3-33EC-45E4-A9C0-04BE9BD61789.jpeg

That looks unreal. 

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.