IGNORED

Kate Upton upset, but misinformed, about country club policy

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They should allow a hottie, like Kate Upton, to play any time she wants.

Now THIS we can all agree on

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Now THIS we can all agree on

Sorry, I don't find her hot, but maybe that's because I've heard her speak.

Joe Paradiso

Doesn't seem fair if you ask me.. I mean Saturday is a day off while Tuesday is not, and this trying to equate the two is a stretch in my opinion.. Basically the owners thought to them selves, ok well stop women from playing Saturday morning, but we don't want them to think we discriminate so let us not allow men to play Tuesday morning... Brilliant!! Yeah, not so much! Micky mouse? Yes!

No offense but a woman who is a member of her husband's country club probably has every day of the week "off."

No offense but a woman who is a member of her husband's country club probably has every day of the week "off."

None taken..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

for chasm; some things you may not have considered (as is usually the case with the "political correctness uber allis" mindset): 1.yes it is discrimination. But it is discrimination based on a known behavior, not gender. You even acknowledge that "most women" play slower than "most men, while pointing out an exception that you have personal knowldge of. The problem with this is that is that if they were to rescind the policy they would not allow ONLY your freind to play on Saturday morning but would allow ALL women to play on Saturday morning and included in the set of ALL women would be MOST women and therefore the pace of play would in FACT slow down. So if a private wants to give a particular group of players a 5 hour window (out of 168 hours in the week) of opportunity where they can reasonably expect a brisker than normal pace of play....well....oooooohhhh the humanity!!! 2.You mention it would be fair if it were Tuesday for the women and Thursday for the men. I would dispute the equity of that arraingement for this reason (keep in mid we're talking about the country club set not typical working class people); There are MANY more women who don't work during the week than there are men, therefore your "fair" arrangement would exlude a much higher percentage of male members than female. In fact I would postulate that there is a fairly close percentage of men who don't work on Saturdays as there would be women that don't work on weekdays. 3. I do, however see some inequity in the arrangement as stated. Considering that the overwelming majority of the membership is likely male, the five hours they are alotted would still make it much harder for them to get their desired tee time and cause them to play on a much more crowded course than the (same percentage mind you) women would encounter on their alloted day. Yes you're right totally unfair and discriminitory...against the male membership, which is probably why the female members have expressed that they have no problem with the status quo. And I'm betting most of them would prefer liberal knee-jerk PC acivists like you STFU and mind your own business.

Point one: a strawman argument, in that you are refuting a point I never made. In my original post I suggested that if slow play were the issue, it would be better addressed by excluding high handicappers at busy times rather than discriminating on grounds of gender. So "all women" would not qualify, and you argument falls. Point two: if we are taking about mens leagues and womens leagues, I'm inclined to agree. But the argument was about whether times should be reserved for men to the exclusion of women outside of that scenario. And there are plenty of women who both work and can afford to be members of expensive clubs. Remarkably, women are allowed to be doctors and lawyers and CEOs these days. They have no more time for sport during the week than have their male colleagues. Point three: another strawman argument. I've never suggested that tee times at weekends should be reserved for women, I've said that they shouldn't be reserved for men. My position would be (single-sex competitions aside) that both men and women should be entitled to play on a first come, first served basis. I've always found it interesting that so many men become irate as soon as it is pointed out that they give themselves privileges that they do not allow women to enjoy. Golf Clubs in my country (and, judging from this thread, country clubs in the States ) are especially prone to these nineteenth-century attitudes. It's time they caught up with the rest of society, imo. But hey, carry on believing that your attitudes are based on logic: it's no skin off my nose.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Our club doesn't allow "spouse" play before 10:30 AM on Saturdays and Sundays. It makes no distinction about men and women. If the woman is the proprietary member, And we have at least a couple dozen, she gets the golf privileges at all times. Now, the woman member, if married, has one opportunity to "trade" her weekend privileges with her spouse (husband) and can't trade it back, and they almost all have done that because they would rather play with the other wives. We do not offer the opportunity for both spouses to pay full dues because we do not want "couples" play on weekend mornings.

The "spouse" rate to play golf is far less than the "member" rate so they actually have a pretty good deal, only being restricted for a few hours on weekend mornings. Most of the private clubs in my area operate this way, with lowered "spouse" rates.

Bill M

I don't think we're concerned about her speaking abilities.

Just saying.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

They should allow a hottie, like Kate Upton, to play any time she wants.

But only if that time happens to coincide with my tee time.

I never even realised she spoke! And I find it hard to believe she actually plays regularly anyway! But She's one person I actually wouldn't mind getting stuck behind, in fact id insist she played through! I just wonder if my shaft would play a bit stiffer? I've definitely got some balls she could use! I also believe they didn't allow any women members at all at St. Andrews until quite recently!

Gaz Lee

Our club doesn't allow "spouse" play before 10:30 AM on Saturdays and Sundays. It makes no distinction about men and women. If the woman is the proprietary member, And we have at least a couple dozen, she gets the golf privileges at all times. Now, the woman member, if married, has one opportunity to "trade" her weekend privileges with her spouse (husband) and can't trade it back, and they almost all have done that because they would rather play with the other wives. We do not offer the opportunity for both spouses to pay full dues because we do not want "couples" play on weekend mornings.

The "spouse" rate to play golf is far less than the "member" rate so they actually have a pretty good deal, only being restricted for a few hours on weekend mornings. Most of the private clubs in my area operate this way, with lowered "spouse" rates.

This makes the most sense of all.

Just saw in Golf Magazine a story about a women only golf club in Toronto... So women can have a women only club... But men can't? Double standard, anyone? I'm a feminist... And being a feminist means I believe in equality between men and women. Both men and women can do whatever the hell they please! Men, have your men only clubs. Women, have your women only clubs. Wake up

So women can have a women only club... But men can't? Wake up

Men can have men-only clubs. There are examples all over the country. That doesn't stop people from complaining, nor does it prevent women from forming exclusive clubs. I doubt there is much demand for women-only golf clubs.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Not enough pics in this thread. Here's my attempt to balance it out a bit:

Thread's better already. :drool:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Not enough pics in this thread. Here's my attempt to balance it out a bit: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/99329/] [/URL] Thread's better already. :drool:

@mvmac & @iacas please have a talk with Ernest as this is off topic! There I did my part! So, what is the topic again? Oh ya, women rights...

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

:bugout:[quote name="inthehole" url="/t/75045/kate-upton-upset-but-misinformed-about-country-club-policy/72#post_1001139"]No Kate thread would be complete without ... [/quote]

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

@mvmac & @iacas please have a talk with Ernest as this is off topic!

There I did my part!

So, what is the topic again? Oh ya, women rights...

No.

It about hot women on cheesy poses blowing bubbles.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Seriously though, that may not be true about LACC, but it's true elsewhere.  My brother's club does not allow women until after noon on Saturdays, and they don't allow men until after noon on Tuesdays.

My club is the same way, no men before 11 on Tuesday and no women on course before noon on Saturdays.  I see nothing wrong with it.

I find this as disturbing as if the same restrictions were made due to race.  So working women are shut out of prime time on what may be the one day they could play?  That policy comes straight out of the fifties when women were supposed to be housewives - cook, clean, watch the kids, and stay out of men's business.  Now days they mostly work outside the home as long and hard as the men do, yet they are still discriminated against?  Deplorable and archaic.

My home course actually has a working women's league that plays a couple of Saturday's each month, starting about 7AM, getting preference over anyone else on the days they are scheduled to play.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!