IGNORED

Tiger Woods Announces Return Date, Will Play At Congressional

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Barring health issues, you don't think he'll add 1-2 more events since he's already missed 4 or so this year?

Nope. He doesn't want to damage his body even more by playing every week.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm really surprised about this... It had to drive him crazy to be on the sidelines for the last two majors.  I have to say, I was at the Open on Sunday, and it would have been a lot more fun with him making a run...   I'm happy for golf but still wish he could have made the open...  I am more of a Tiger fan now that 10 years ago when he was on top of everything.

He is still vastly under appreciated for what he has done for golf overall and how good he has been and still is .  Don't forget he won more tournaments last year alone that Phil ever has on tour in any one year alone... and Tiger's missed cuts record....  wow...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Lol. Reading through this thread kinda answers the question, "Is parity good for golf?" Welcome back, rating$. :dance:

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Really, you guys need to let it go. He's been a great player, but his best days are well behind him and he's never going to be close to being the same player again. Root for him by all means, if that's what floats your boats, but he's gone.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Really, you guys need to let it go. He's been a great player, but his best days are well behind him and he's never going to be close to being the same player again. Root for him by all means, if that's what floats your boats, but he's gone.

Did someone else win 5 times last year?

Dave :-)

Did someone else win 5 times last year?

Not on the PGA tour, no. He did well. But he showed little sign of being able to contend in the majors, and now he's had more surgery, and he's getting older... With luck he'll do well enough to get picked for the Ryder Cup. That'll be two or three points guaranteed for the Europeans.

Not on the PGA tour, no. He did well. But he showed little sign of being able to contend in the majors, and now he's had more surgery, and he's getting older...

With luck he'll do well enough to get picked for the Ryder Cup. That'll be two or three points guaranteed for the Europeans.

He was T4 at the Masters and T6 at the Open.

He was T4 at the Masters and T6 at the Open.

Never looked remotely like winning either. Never will again.

Never looked remotely like winnng either. Never will again.

So you can see the future? It's understandable we can see he's not where he once was but he's still the best in the sport. Nobody has even come close yet. Every time a new Tiger is declared they fail to deliver. Discounting what the arguably best golfer ever will or won't do is silly. It's not like there are guys running away from the pack on tour. With guys like Erik Compton finishing T2 in the US Open apparently anyone can contend in a major these days.

So stoked he's coming back...I hope its not too soon. He's gotta support his foundation, I suppose...on FB he said he wants to "play myself back into competitive shape." Doesn't sound like he has high expectations yet.

I wonder, when he does hang em up for good, if the money will go down for the rest of the tour.

Now we wait and see how long he stays healthy and when his game is back. It's been 9 months since he won anything.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

So stoked he's coming back...I hope its not too soon. He's gotta support his foundation, I suppose...on FB he said he wants to "play myself back into competitive shape." Doesn't sound like he has high expectations yet.

Yeah I think expectations are low, he said he just started making full swings. Basically wants to get some competitive rounds in before the Open Championship.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Huh? I'm no Tiger fan at all, but that's ridiculous. I still can't believe the series of events that kept him from winning The Masters last year.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

[quote name="chasm" url="/t/75323/tiger-woods-announces-return-date-will-play-at-congressional/36#post_1008950"] Never looked remotely like winning either. Never will again.

Huh? I'm no Tiger fan at all, but that's ridiculous. I still can't believe the series of events that kept him from winning The Masters last year.....[/quote] People see what they want to see....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

People see what they want to see....

Yep, kinda silly. He'll win again, maybe even a major or 2 but he won't catch Jack.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

You are just being silly.  In his last 13 majors before the us Open win Kaymer finished no higher T12 and was never in contention.  And before his Players win he hadn't won a euro event since 2011 nor a PGATour event since 2010.  IOW he had 0 wins in 2012 and 2012.

And Tiger is out of it because he only won 5 times in 2013 and finished T4 and T6 in a couple of 2013 majors.

Gotta love the objectivity. :doh:

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Gotta love the objectivity.  :doh:

Ah, right. Like the objectivity of the Tiger fanboys who believe he continues to be the world's best golfer despite all evidence to the contrary. I don't care, really. I'm just amused by the spectacle of all these middle-aged men getting hard-ons for a middle-aged man with a bad back.

Ah, right. Like the objectivity of the Tiger fanboys who believe he continues to be the world's best golfer despite all evidence to the contrary.

Again, who else won five times last year? And who has lit the Tour on fire in his absence? "Best in the world" doesn't have to mean "2001 Tiger."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!