IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder what the PSI of that football was?

I've thought about that myself.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the PSI of that football was?

More than likely legit, the Giants are a class organization, unlike the team 250 miles northeast of them

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Another team cheating when it helped little, if at all - never liked the *dirty birds* anyway.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12262464/nfl-investigating-atlanta-falcons-fake-crowd-noise-georgia-dome

Follow me on twitter

Seahawks disrupt Gronk's patterns and hit Brady early and often, leading to turnovers. Marshawn Lynch runs wild and is the MVP in a game that is over by the start of the 4th quarter.

Seahawks 27 Patriots 13

Bill M

More than likely legit, the Giants are a class organization, unlike the team 250 miles northeast of them

If you heard the ball conditioning that Eli has his footballs done you might question that. I heard it on MAD DOG earlier this week and it is incredibly extensive which included taking a grinding wheel to the cover and also spinning them in a clothes dryer amongst other things.

I thought the Jets were the class football team from NY anyway.

If you heard the ball conditioning that Eli has his footballs done you might question that. I heard it on MAD DOG earlier this week and it is incredibly extensive which included taking a grinding wheel to the cover and also spinning them in a clothes dryer amongst other things. I thought the Jets were the class football team from NY anyway.

Always funny how the guilty point fingers at everyone else to try to justify their shenanigans.

Follow me on twitter

Jerome Bettis, Junior Seau, Charles Haley, Tim Brown, Will Shields, Bill Polian, Ron Wolf, Mick Tinglehoff are all headed to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I have no problem with any those eight being selected. However, two executives are one too many. I would rather have see Kurt Warner being inducted instead of Ron Wolf or Bill Polian.

My biggest complaint is that there are two players who should have been in the NFL Hall of Fame a long time ago: Kenny Stabler and L.C. Greenwood.

Ken Stabler was the fastest to win 100 games as a starting quarterback, having done so in 150 games, which bettered Johnny Unitas' previous mark of 153 games. Since then, only Terry Bradshaw in 147 games, Joe Montana in 139 games and Tom Brady in 131 games have reached 100 wins more quickly. Stabler is also the only quarterback from the NFL's All-1970's team not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Stabler was a dominant player who helped to make the Raiders competitive every year. As Hall of Fame guard Gene Upshaw said, "When we were behind in the fourth quarter, with our backs to our end zone, no matter how he had played up to that point, we could look in his eyes and you knew, you knew, he was going to win it for us. That was an amazing feeling." The reason for Stabler not being in the HOF?  Ken Stabler persisted in a relationship over five seasons with Nick Dudich, a gambling figure known to law enforcement officials as an associate of a New Jersey crime family. It was reported by some that NFL Comissioner Pete Rozelle wanted Stabler suspended for life. But, no charge was ever brought.

L.C. Greenwood was a dominant member of the Steel Curtain during the 70's.  His stats are undeniable, including 73.5 sacks, which was more than Joe Greene (66.0), and he was selected to the NFL 1970's All-Decade Team. His standout performances in Super Bowls were those of legends. In Super Bowl IX against the Minnesota Vikings, Greenwood batted down three passes from Fran Tarkenton, and the defensive line held the Vikings to 17 yards rushing in 21 attempts.  In Super Bowl X against the Dallas Cowboys, he sacked Roger Staubach four times in a Steeler 21-17 victory. The reason he is not in the Hall of Fame is simple. Steeler paranoia. L.C. played on a line that was dominated by Joe Greene, perhaps the greatest Steeler in history. There have been 12 Steelerss inducted from their 1972-79 dynasty, and voters apparently said, "Enough." (Blount, Bradshaw, Greene, Ham, Harris, Lambert, Noll, Art Rooney, Dan Rooney, Stallworth, Swann, Webster.)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't just run the ball....

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Tom Brady 74.5% completion percentage, most completions in a superbowl game, 4 passing TD's.

I am sure the NFL controlled the footballs the whole game to make sure they were legit. They would never jeopardize the Superbowl.

Maybe Brady should request over-inflated footballs, he gained nearly 10% on his career completion percentage with at least 2 psi more air pressure. :whistle:

Because sometimes when you have a very smart offensive coordinator they try to get too tricky in those situations thinking they can out think the other team. When in the end you should just let your players dominate the game. You got Lynch and 3 more tries to get the ball into the end zone. Ride the horse that got you there.

Still, that is a crazy ending. Its Green Bay Packer's catch all over again with the ball that bounces off the players body and doesn't hit the ground type of catch.

Brady is just sitting there thinking, "Not again".

Finally, finally the NEP Defense steps up in a big time moment.

What a great ending to a great game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

You mean give it to Lynch who rarely fumbles and always seems to get positive yardage? Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Jon

I think some posters on here will be pretty quit for awhile.  So much for dynasties!

The last few seconds of this game was not a good showing for the Seahawks in the sportsmanship department.  What a bunch of thugs.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Yeah, terrible call. Great game, though.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I understood... the whole playing to the final gun thing with the offside call on Bennett... maybe if Brady didn't hard count... they may have gotten a strip sack or a safety and had one last chance... But the brawl, that was a little thuggish... like the Seahawks were a common street gang... that brawl was bull... unnecessary and just plain dumb, there Will probably be several fines imposed on Seahawks players... Speaking of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties... the celebration penalty on Seattle's last touchdown, I think that Celebration penalties should be enforced on the TRY (extra point)...NOT THE KICKOFF

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Because sometimes when you have a very smart offensive coordinator they try to get too tricky in those situations thinking they can out think the other team. When in the end you should just let your players dominate the game. You got Lynch and 3 more tries to get the ball into the end zone. Ride the horse that got you there.

When you want to get tricky at the 1 yard line, you hand the ball off to the FB. Even if you were dead set on a passing play, you'd go play-action, because everybody in the building is expecting Lynch to run it. But really, when you have the best RB in the game and the Superbowl is on the line, you give him the ball. :doh:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!