IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Won auction 162.50 for new GG. Probably won't use it until winter golf is over. I played today and nothing from my round would have been useful. Just weird things all day.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like to see more detailed breakdowns of statistics that can help me assess and improve my game. You're a lot more qualified than I am at identifying what those are.

I like what they offer in terms of the insights, I'd just like to see more. The way it's set up now, when you go into the "Approach the Green" analysis part, you can sort by distance or by club. I'd like to see it broken down both ways.

Agree 100% here. The "distance buckets are far too granular as well. Why not just provide a slider with min/max handles for distance and a multi-select menu for clubs? That gives you every possible combination.

Won auction 162.50 for new GG. Probably won't use it until winter golf is over. I played today and nothing from my round would have been useful. Just weird things all day.

I'd say that you should still use it so you can get accustomed to how it works, and also accustomed to how to edit afterwards, and then once you get to the point of actually signing your round and making it official, just delete it.

That way you'll work out all of the kinks before you actually want to start tracking. :beer:

I'd say that you should still use it so you can get accustomed to how it works.

I endorse that 100% My first rounds with GG were pseudo-competitive and the fumbling, forgetting, backtracking, misremembering ("did I already tag this club?") and such probably cost me a few strokes (and my data was so jumbled I don't think I ended up signing the rounds anyway...

Speaking in general here.  My philosophy, is when in doubt, tag it again.  It is really easy to catch when you edit your round.  I don't worry about it and just fix it when I edit the round.  It takes very little time to do.  Develop a routine as well where you tag the club at a certain point either before or after your shot consistently.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Speaking in general here.  My philosophy, is when in doubt, tag it again.  It is really easy to catch when you edit your round.  I don't worry about it and just fix it when I edit the round.  It takes very little time to do.  Develop a routine as well where you tag the club at a certain point either before or after your shot consistently.

I agree. Tagging has become the first part of my preshot routine now. The times I tend to miss a tag are on the green, for a tap in or something when I don't go through a routine. Then I just tap after I hole out. If you forget to tap on a green you can always tap all your strokes at once and edit your round later.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I agree. Tagging has become the first part of my preshot routine now. The times I tend to miss a tag are on the green, for a tap in or something when I don't go through a routine. Then I just tap after I hole out. If you forget to tap on a green you can always tap all your strokes at once and edit your round later.

Not me, I still suck at it.  I do it before sometimes, after sometimes, after after sometimes (I'll run back and tag if theres time) and then forget altogether sometimes.

Oh, and sometimes all three because I apparently also have no short term memory either. :-P

Not me, I still suck at it.  I do it before sometimes, after sometimes, after after sometimes (I'll run back and tag if theres time) and then forget altogether sometimes.

Oh, and sometimes all three because I apparently also have no short term memory either.

Give me a couple more years, I will be right there with you.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Not me, I still suck at it.  I do it before sometimes, after sometimes, after after sometimes (I'll run back and tag if theres time) and then forget altogether sometimes. Oh, and sometimes all three because I apparently also have no short term memory either.:-P

Maybe you need to switch to an ARCCOS ;-) When you're as bad at golf as I am, getting your round recorded properly becomes your golf achievement for the day :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Maybe you need to switch to an ARCCOS

When you're as bad at golf as I am, getting your round recorded properly becomes your golf achievement for the day

I bet your not this bad, lol.

Oh, and sometimes all three because I apparently also have no short term memory either.

I had to laugh, I would tag the driver when I get to the tee box, tag during my preshot routine, tag as I'm walking off the tee box, then have to stop and think if I tagged after I've walked to my ball.

I just kill myself. But I am getting better. :-P

Brian   

I've found myself lining by bag up level with the tee then tagging it before I put it back in, if I forget just make sure you tag your your 2nd shot then you can add it later, but I'm trying to ingrain the tag in my pre shot routine also, as I stand behind the ball and look at my target, I pick out my intermediate target, then tag, then address the ball! I think it will be easier after winter when I don't have as many layers covering the unit!

Gaz Lee

I'd say that you should still use it so you can get accustomed to how it works, and also accustomed to how to edit afterwards, and then once you get to the point of actually signing your round and making it official, just delete it.

That way you'll work out all of the kinks before you actually want to start tracking.

Yeah you're right. Somehow I was under the impression deleting rounds required getting CS involved, someone mentioned wanting to start over. I see now after getting setup I can chose what I want to do with what. I am ready to go tomorrow, I think, we had a dusting of snow and despite a warm day the course was closed today. Headed over to hit some balls and try out the iron set I just put together.

Anyway the plan is get out this weekend and give it a whirl. Looks pretty straight forward. No doubt it will be eye opening. I looked through a few people's rounds at the courses I play. Like everyone I'm sure I'll be humbled by my lack of distance. Though maybe not. I mentioned in one of those distance threads most days my best and worst drives vary as much as 100 yards long to short and someone playing worst golf that I do seemed to doubt that was the realm of a single digit golfer. I saw some sub 220 yard drives from guys I know that play to around scratch. I'm sure they hit a tree maybe a duck hook or whatever but it is what it is if it dies at 214 you hit a 214 yard drive. It's not all bombs out there.

I am going to start following some locals that play at my level to see if I can get something going around here. I need some more golf buddies.

Yeah you're right. Somehow I was under the impression deleting rounds required getting CS involved, someone mentioned wanting to start over. I see now after getting setup I can chose what I want to do with what. I am ready to go tomorrow, I think, we had a dusting of snow and despite a warm day the course was closed today. Headed over to hit some balls and try out the iron set I just put together. Anyway the plan is get out this weekend and give it a whirl. Looks pretty straight forward. No doubt it will be eye opening. I looked through a few people's rounds at the courses I play. Like everyone I'm sure I'll be humbled by my lack of distance. Though maybe not. I mentioned in one of those distance threads most days my best and worst drives vary as much as 100 yards long to short and someone playing worst golf that I do seemed to doubt that was the realm of a single digit golfer. I saw some sub 220 yard drives from guys I know that play to around scratch. I'm sure they hit a tree maybe a duck hook or whatever but it is what it is if it dies at 214 you hit a 214 yard drive. It's not all bombs out there. I am going to start following some locals that play at my level to see if I can get something going around here. I need some more golf buddies.

Golf buddies are important!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Golf buddies are important!

No doubt. The social features of GG are cool and will likely get better. I don't know any of the guys I've looked at that play the same courses but I could see howa comment could lead to a follow and playing golf together at some point. There are crazy good golfers using it here. I found a guy that posted a few rounds at my parents club that averaged 304 driving and was shooting under par and it is a very challenging course. Seeing where he put tbe ball compared to my usual shots was eye opening.

So close on pullin the trigger on it for $185 that includes free shipping on Ebay.

Then I looked outside and saw snow and figured I probably wouldn't be able to use it for a while and could wait to see if I can get it for a better price.

Christian

Just looked on Ebay, saw it for $165 w/free shipping, click on, "buy it now," and I click to confirm the purchase and someone else got it.

UGH!

Christian

Just looked on Ebay, saw it for $165 w/free shipping, click on, "buy it now," and I click to confirm the purchase and someone else got it.

UGH!

Keep checking and it will show up again... somewhere.  I got mine from Amazon for $125 with associated Christmas gift card ($25) and signing up for Amazon Visa card ($30).  I had to pull the trigger then and now.  I did see one dealer that had them in the low $170 range with free shipping.  The only reason I did not go with them is because my gift card could not be used because it wasn't coming directly from Amazon.  I'm still new to the whole Amazon thing but that is what I gathered from it.  I probably could have waited longer because I can't use it for another 2 to 3 months and received it for far less.  That gift card was burning a hole in my wallet anyway so I spent it before it was misplaced.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX