IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

• Administrator

Hmmm, possibly so, but I wouldnt have thought you could have multiple accounts per unit?

I don't think the device knows anything about the accounts. It just tracks data. The software on your computer is what knows to which account to upload it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think the device knows anything about the accounts. It just tracks data. The software on your computer is what knows to which account to upload it.

Ahhh, I didn't realise this! So I have 2 sets of clubs and can set a different account for each? And see what performs better? This game golf just gets better and better!

Gaz Lee

There are a couple of courses open here year around so once the snow melts and it's in the 30's, I'm def going to take it out for a test run.

Well, you win the diehard trophy. 30's is not on my radar, but good for you. Let us know what you think once you get out.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

Well, you win the diehard trophy. 30's is not on my radar, but good for you. Let us know what you think once you get out.

Thanks!  This definitely puts a smile on my face.

The fact that it's below zero outside and it doesn't appear as though winter is going to end anytime soon does not. :censored:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered mine. Wanted to wait and see how everyone liked it....especially since I couldnt really use it until I started playing golf again in the spring. Looking forward to improving via understanding my yardages and shot zones.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Can you still use Game Golf if your home courses are not in their database?  I am mostly interested in it as a tool to help with club distance, shot zones etc.

What's the best method for handling provisional shots and playing either the original ball because it was found or the provisional?  Do you tap the club twice or just manage it on the score card and edit it later on?

Joe Paradiso

What's the best method for handling provisional shots and playing either the original ball because it was found or the provisional?  Do you tap the club twice or just manage it on the score card and edit it later on?

Just edit it later.  An example:

I hit a drive OB.  I don't tap a second time when I hit the provisional, I just hit it.  (If I change clubs, then I might tap a second time, but either way, you're going to have to make an edit or two)  The GG marks me as parring the hole, and then afterwards, I go back in and simply add +2 penalty strokes to the original drive.

It's not perfect because it's never going to know how far or crooked your first drive went, but whatever.  Same thing with a water ball.  Hit a drive into a hazard, then your next shot is from where you drop, so depending on where you crossed the hazard, the machine might mark you down for hitting a 15 yard drive.  But I think the software recognizes and excludes those types of situations when it calculates averages and such.

Can you still use Game Golf if your home courses are not in their database?  I am mostly interested in it as a tool to help with club distance, shot zones etc.

Have you checked to see if they have your home course in their database?  It's hard to believe there are many they don't have.  You can just ask them to add it and they will add it very quickly.

Randal

• Administrator

Have you checked to see if they have your home course in their database?  It's hard to believe there are many they don't have.  You can just ask them to add it and they will add it very quickly.

Right, and if your course is not listed… Go to http://www.gamegolf.com/find-a-course and click "Request a course."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is there a list of user names in this thread? I'd like to compete against my fellow TST people.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Is it hard for people to post their rounds on here(or maybe a different thread).  Someone over on the breaking bad thread posted their round and I thought it was pretty neat getting to see how they played the round.  Some may find it boring but I think it would be fun to see how some of the better golfers play out there.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

• Administrator

Is there a list of user names in this thread? I'd like to compete against my fellow TST people.

Join this group: http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/98/game-golf-users-group

Then post in and read this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/77036/your-game-golf-profile

Ok, I see the request form on their website.  It looks like they want scorecard and hole layout sent to them URL and lat and lon of first tee.  Not exactly sure how to get that to them but I will see.  Those things aside.  If it works on GPS then I should be able to use it to calculate distances I hit every club with the course map???

It looks like they want scorecard and hole layout sent to them URL and lat and lon of first tee.  Not exactly sure how to get that to them but I will see.

If the course doesn't have a website (My home course doesn't), they would probably accept photos of the scorecard posted to Dropbox (or similar).

Finding Latitude/Longitude, if you open https://maps.google.com and click on the map (at least with Chrome on Windows) it will place a pin and give you the lat/long which you can copy.

Example (Not my home course): First Tee

Just edit it later.  An example:

I hit a drive OB.  I don't tap a second time when I hit the provisional, I just hit it.  (If I change clubs, then I might tap a second time, but either way, you're going to have to make an edit or two)  The GG marks me as parring the hole, and then afterwards, I go back in and simply add +2 penalty strokes to the original drive.

It's not perfect because it's never going to know how far or crooked your first drive went, but whatever.  Same thing with a water ball.  Hit a drive into a hazard, then your next shot is from where you drop, so depending on where you crossed the hazard, the machine might mark you down for hitting a 15 yard drive.  But I think the software recognizes and excludes those types of situations when it calculates averages and such.

Thanks Drew, that's how I'd been handling it but wasn't sure if tapping the club a 2nd time was the better method if you were certain the ball was OB or in the water.  I plan to track all my rounds with it this year so I wanted to make sure I was using it properly.

Joe Paradiso

My GAME Golf arrives tomorrow afternoon! Just in time to log two rounds this weekend.

Kyle Paulhus