IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

This hasn't been my experience so far. I've only signed two rounds, but the first one I didn't need to add any strokes, and the second one, just a couple.

I should emphasize that the missing strokes were all because I forgot to tag the shots, not that the device failed to register somehow. Other people might have an easier time integrating the tatting into their pre-shot (or post-shot) routines...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This hasn't been my experience so far. I've only signed two rounds, but the first one I didn't need to add any strokes, and the second one, just a couple.

Yeah, once it is signed you can't do anything to it, kind of. In my first round, I tagged a retagged a club when I hit a shot ob so I had the original shot at 0 yards and then the retagged one plus a penalty. The better way to do it is just to tag it once and add the 2 stroke penalty, but at the time I was unsure of how that would work. I sent a quick email to the guys at GAME GOLF and they unsigned the round and made the changes for me, and then left it unsigned just incase I need to change anything else.

Interesting.  I noticed on one of your rounds that it would say "Driver - 0 yards, then again, Driver + 1".  This makes sense.  If it goes OB, don't tag it again, just leave it "open" so to speak and then add the penalty shots later.  Good to know.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by fr0sty

2. … Once you 'sign' a round it is set in stone, apparently, so I ended up creating a 'new' driver to get those outliers out of my averages.

The support guys can unsign your round if you email them. I wouldn't make a habit of it, but if you mess something up, they can help you out.

3. You really have to charge the thing every round. The product literature seemed to indicate you could play more than one round on a charge but every time I've played (starting with a full battery) and downloaded later that day the battery level has been listed as 'low' on the uploader screen.

It says "low" even when it's about 50-60% charged, it seems like. It lasts about ten hours. That's enough for two rounds.

I just let it charge for an hour after I import the last round, then it's good to go.

4. Once you have the raw data you can continue going back and adding stats. The shot-maps that people were posting screenshots of were not available on launch day, but were added as a new feature later.

Yeah, I guess it launched pretty bare-bones. They've seemingly done a good job of updating the site to add more stats and features.

It's listed at $199 in our local stores here but I'm hesitant grabbing one this year. A) Season is winding down pretty quick, starting to get quite cold. B) I'm worried as soon as I grab it there's going to be a newer version hitting the market that has 1st generation buyers going "Doh!". Hard to say, I really want one but looks like I'm going to wait.

I still don't think they're going to do much to update the hardware. The software is being updated. The hardware does what it needs to do.

Interesting.  I noticed on one of your rounds that it would say "Driver - 0 yards, then again, Driver + 1".  This makes sense.  If it goes OB, don't tag it again, just leave it "open" so to speak and then add the penalty shots later.  Good to know.

I could see doing it the other way too. But I think the "+2" is the way to go for a penalty; that's the way I currently lean on that. But again, I could see doing what Tristan did. It won't count a 0-yard drive in your averages..

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, I guess it launched pretty bare-bones. They've seemingly done a good job of updating the site to add more stats and features.

I still don't think they're going to do much to update the hardware. The software is being updated. The hardware does what it needs to do.

I would agree with that. Really all the system does is report GPS location points. From there the software is what measures off the center of the fairway, and green. I don't see any big advancement in gps that would require a massive upgrade of the hardware.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just bought mine today, and got all the clubs set up. Ready to map my round tomorrow :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Just bought mine today, and got all the clubs set up. Ready to map my round tomorrow

Let us know your name (you can PM if you would like to stay anonymous to the rest of TST). It is great to see other guys on TST and how they are playing.

• Upvote 1

Michael

• Administrator

Let us know your name (you can PM if you would like to stay anonymous to the rest of TST). It is great to see other guys on TST and how they are playing.

Same username.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Since the hardware is just an easier data entry device, I wonder if Game Golf would allow a way to fully enter a round through computer interface. Sounds dumb, but hear me out. Lots of us love data. Love analysis. Data entry is no big deal if we can drag and drop points around a map screen, labeling which irons we used. On the putting surface we can remember where the hole was and where our putts went, more or less. No biggie. At a reduced price, I'd do that without the hardware and belly taps. But the data analysis must be good. Their product's ultimate success depends on the analysis being good anyway, because why else would people want to use the hardware? Am I nuts for wanting a manual data entry interface? I suppose it has to have the manual entry interface to some degree to make corrections anyway. So just open it up completely.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Will be requesting this for Christmas. Love the idea, love the ease of use, love the info it gives you.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

Is there an option for vibrate instead of the buzzer when tapping a club?

It doesn't buzz.

There's a beep, but it's very very quiet. It vibrates and beeps.

It beeps very quietly. Erik had his when we played over in Delaware, Ohio last month. You could be standing 5 feet from him and barely hear it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The unit only vibrates (and beeps, quietly) when tagging (at least in my experience).

Even with all the hype you guys have for this I'm still not going to be getting it any time soon. The data I would get wouldn't be much help until I get my game under some sort of control. I can see this being beneficial next year maybe when I get my handicap down a bit and have a more reliable one way miss though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Even with all the hype you guys have for this I'm still not going to be getting it any time soon. The data I would get wouldn't be much help until I get my game under some sort of control.

I agree.

Yeah really seems like a fine tuning tool. I took the same approach and waited to buy a range finder. It would have been silly for me to get exact numbers when I had no idea where in the eff my ball was going. Some days I still don't.

Dave :-)

One of the best shots I've hit on this hole in a long time. 4 iron downhill and into the wind. I typically push it right.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram