IGNORED

The TST Member Tournament Play Thread

David in FL

Shot a 99 in my first tournament in years. Short game was a mess. I had three drives, two with stroke and distance and one with a lateral hazard. For the most part, I had iron shots with good look at a GIR. I just didn’t hit many greens and took way too many extra short game shots and three putted to many greens. I think I had zero scrambling with over half of them requiring a 2nd short game shot. 

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Shot a 99 in my first tournament in years. Short game was a mess. I had three drives, two with stroke and distance and one with a lateral hazard. For the most part, I had iron shots with good look at a GIR. I just didn’t hit many greens and took way too many extra short game shots and three putted to many greens. I think I had zero scrambling with over half of them requiring a 2nd short game shot. 

A 99?!

Ok, two thumbs up for posting it here!  👍👍

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

99???  Wow!  That's shocking given your HI.

Just goes to show how difficult and fickle this game is.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 1 year later...

I have been playing in the City of Livonia golf championship the past couple years. As a "super senior" we get to play the forward tees at 5.300 yards.  Driver-wedge and reachable par 5's are the general rule, I have had some success finishing 2nd low Gross two years ago and then 1st low Net last year. The winner of the low Gross each year has been Bill H.  Well, I got the better of Bill H this year and won the low Gross competition for "super seniors." Two day total of 154.  Won in a playoff with a birdie on the first hole.

I am presently evaluating offers from the LIV Golf Tour.😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Brian Kuehn

My 19 year old son is not a TST member, but he won our local course's club championship this summer.  It was net stroke play to set up a 4 man net match tournament. He was in a 3 way tie for 3rd in stroke play and won the tie breaker round. He won the 1st match play round 3 and 2 (forget what he shot and had to give a couple stokes) and then won the finals 1 up with his best round ever on this course, a -4 67 where he had to give 5 strokes to a guy who also shot his career best, a 74 IIRC. He probably wouldn't have made it through stroke play if it was gross, but he was playing as a 4 and it made the difference. 

His prize is a course membership for next year.  I am trying to make sure it is a family membership so I can play as well.  Or if he works at the course again next year maybe he can just give it to me.

• Like 1

War Eagle!

A couple weeks ago I played in The Greater Albuquerque Men's City Championship. I turned 50, so I was able to play in the Senior Championship flight. Three days at the three different city municipal courses. I hit it very well, but I putted terribly (13 three putts in 3 days).  I still tied for first, but unfortunately I lost the playoff when the other guy hit it to 6 inches on the first hole. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1