IGNORED

The TST Member Tournament Play Thread

David in FL

Shot a 99 in my first tournament in years. Short game was a mess. I had three drives, two with stroke and distance and one with a lateral hazard. For the most part, I had iron shots with good look at a GIR. I just didn’t hit many greens and took way too many extra short game shots and three putted to many greens. I think I had zero scrambling with over half of them requiring a 2nd short game shot. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Shot a 99 in my first tournament in years. Short game was a mess. I had three drives, two with stroke and distance and one with a lateral hazard. For the most part, I had iron shots with good look at a GIR. I just didn’t hit many greens and took way too many extra short game shots and three putted to many greens. I think I had zero scrambling with over half of them requiring a 2nd short game shot. 

A 99?!

Ok, two thumbs up for posting it here!  👍👍

99???  Wow!  That's shocking given your HI.

Just goes to show how difficult and fickle this game is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Playing well enough to like golf a bit more lately but camera kept telling me that I haven't made any real change. It took me an hour of recording and deleting to get to this one. Everything else looks like the same old garbage.  Throwing hands as far back as possible is not changing anything it seems. Not sure why I couldn't get wide even for a practice no ball swing after 4-5 mins of super slow reps. This seems like a small stride forward. @iacas let me know if you agree. The feel is to let hips and chest open to the camera so the trail arm freely goes out and wide. 
    • You may be right but the patch towards the top and the one bottom right look to be bigger than a normal divot hole. Also the divots are a) behind the holes and b) look to be much smaller that the holes. I would like to see some sort of scale, the grass seems to be very long for a fairway cut.
    • Good article and plan. I need to do a better job of making my practices more focused. I know what I have to work on, which helps.
    • I don't do podcasts. But I listened to this and enjoyed it. It nice to learn more about Erik's background and teaching philosophy.  I wish there was someone like that around here.
    • So I was watching this French comedy about flat dwellers dealing with the onset of COVID (8 Rue de l'Humanité/Stuck Together - Netflix) and there's this scene where someone says le COVID and then is corrected la COVID. It made me look up - French language covid feminine vs masculine. Apparently this was decided on last year by the authorities of the language. It's, la COVID. I wonder what other languages that make the feminine masculine distinction decided. French Linguists Conclude The Debate Over The Gender Of The Word 'COVID-19' French linguists at the Académie Française have finally put an end to the debate of which of the definitive articles — a masculine le... BTW, the movie was pretty funny, I laughed... a lot. Actually I cracked up a couple of times. So much that is relatable.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Covert
      Covert
      (78 years old)
    2. Landonhux
      Landonhux
      (21 years old)
    3. opie
      opie
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...