IGNORED

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?

Shorty
Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If a Rule is broken, why do we care who saw it? The integrity of the competition should come first, not because "a spectator" saw it, or someone who isn't a player, caddie, or rules official saw it, etc.

If a Rule of Golf is broken, again, who cares who sees it? The truth is that the Rule was broken, so it should be enforced.

It'd be like committing a crime and the defense being simply "the police didn't see my client do it, only these other people, so set him free." That's not how the truth works.

That's perfectly legal. The Rules suggest you mark behind your ball but don't require it.

Completely agree. There is a reason why golf is called a gentelman's game. You're on your honor. Cheating is cheating, and it doesn't matter who spots it. And OMG, it was so blatant!

Ya know pumpkin doesn't deserve the bad wrap you are giving it!  Pumpkin never cheated and you are dragging it down into the ditch with all the other gutter snipes.  I think you owe pumpkin an apology.

Amen. I would say that pumpkin can't hold a candle to sweet potato in the pie business, but you also can't make a jack-o-lantern from a sweet potato. Advantage pumpkin.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

She wouldn't have gotten in trouble if her capture speed was better ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

She's -8 through 3 rounds this week ... T12 and only 3 shots behind the leader.

I bet she's a heck of a lot more careful about tap in putts now. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

She's -8 through 3 rounds this week ... T12 and only 3 shots behind the leader.

IMO she shouldn't even be on the course.  I haven't seen many comments from the other ladies on the Tour, I wonder how they feel about a cheater winning their money this week.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

https://twitter.com/TheChellaChoi

Virtually no tweets at her. One calling for her suspension. One using Sweet Brown or whatever that woman's name was in a funny way.

The LPGA didn't address this because they could behave this way - not addressing it, and getting away with it, because nobody really cares about the LPGA.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://twitter.com/TheChellaChoi

Virtually no tweets at her. One calling for her suspension. One using Sweet Brown or whatever that woman's name was in a funny way.

The LPGA didn't address this because they could behave this way - not addressing it, and getting away with it, because nobody really cares about the LPGA.

Maybe Brandel should switch his attention to the LPGA for a few weeks and force the LPGA's hands a bit.

Joe Paradiso

[URL=https://twitter.com/TheChellaChoi]https://twitter.com/TheChellaChoi[/URL] Virtually no tweets at her. One calling for her suspension. One using Sweet Brown or whatever that woman's name was in a funny way. The LPGA didn't address this because they could behave this way - not addressing it, and getting away with it, because nobody really cares about the LPGA.

LOL. Either the people on TST are just mean or the LPGA has four fans. I think it's the second one.

Riley

LOL. Either the people on TST are just mean or the LPGA has four fans. I think it's the second one.

I think most of us are dedicated golfers and are mean towards people that fail to follow the Rules of Golf when they are supposed to.  They have at least one, I enjoy watching the LPGA when nothing else is on.

Joe Paradiso

I think most of us are dedicated golfers and are mean towards people that fail to follow the Rules of Golf when they are supposed to.  They have at least one, I enjoy watching the LPGA when nothing else is on.

I'd rather eat tin foil. Or watch Billiards.* *Edited to escape The Wrath Of Shorty.

Riley

Why would you only be allowed to WD for a medical reason?  If that is a rule... Hunter Mahan wouldn't have been able to WD then from the RBC a few years ago when his wife had the baby right before I think it was his 3rd round was about to start.

Ever been in the room while the Mrs. was giving birth to your child? If not... Trust me, it's a medical reason

• Upvote 1

I've moved a ball on a few occasions to avoid goose shit, and didn't self-assess any penalties... Hopefully that doesn't make me a low life scumbag

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

This is one more incident where we see that media is not really an unbiased reporter of facts. They are very much in bed with the people and events they are reporting, and on the whole, they have a vested interest in promoting the cause and unless they sense a "tipping point." Otherwise, they often ignore issues and try to let time pass until the issue seems old and stale- then it's the kooks who are just harping on something that's not a big deal. Only when things get so bad and people's actions are so egregious- then the pile-on begins. A coach is a child molester, fakes saving his drowning nephew to explain injuries, gets attacked by his wife with an 8-iron. Only then will truths emerge- not through good old investigative reporting. Then they pat themselves on the back for being such a wonderful "Fourth Estate." The whole idea of a "Newseum" here in DC is puke worthy. They mostly promote their cause and expect the world to fawn all over them. A few obvious and incredibly inspiring exceptions, of course, but I'm speaking in broad generalities. Maybe I'm being unfair to the industry in general, but it's not hard to conclude the above from just observing things right in front of our noses. Seems to me you'd almost need to be blind not to see the examples in the political world. Don't wanna get OT, but this does seem to be the same thing. All is just fine if we just move on and sweep this anomaly under the rug. End rant.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

What did she say was the reason she withdrew by the way?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

What did she say was the reason she withdrew by the way?

She withdrew for medical reasons.

Turns out she got sick to her stomach when she realized she'd been caught cheating.

That was all sarcastic, btw. Last I heard she gave no reason.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've moved a ball on a few occasions to avoid goose shit, and didn't self-assess any penalties... Hopefully that doesn't make me a low life scumbag

This thread is about a professional golfer who was caught blatantly cheating. She refused to accept a penalty. The LPGA seems too gutless to act further at this stage.

What does that have to do with you on the golf course? Are you on TV? Did millions see you cheat?  And....how would you describe a cheat who doesn't like being busted?

Are you saying that you'd react similarly? If the cap fits, wear it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!