IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

On 4/3/2016 at 11:28 PM, mvmac said:

9 holes yesterday, didn't hit the ball great but missed it in the right places and chipped one in.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/802563

If you want to play 9, consider Torrey North. Β  The back nine is already closed for renovation, the register guy said the front will continue to be open until April 18th and after that the entire North will be closed until late in the year. Β Not too many more chances to play Torrey North in it's orginal design. Β Weekdays $24, and it's easy to get tee times.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First round of the year, and I consider it a practice 9.Β This will be comical:Β https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JuliaGolf/round/806885

1)Β Par 4: 318 yds. Hit my 4 iron on the inside of the hosel about 20 feet left of the tee. This was an amazing trick shot. Being the first ball of the season, I took a lunch ball and still duffed it for a whopping 57 yds. Then hit a heavy 6 iron 102, Chunked a 7 iron 22. Then put my 9 iron 139 yds onto the green leaving myself a 56 foot putt and three-putted for a triple on the first hole.

2) Par 4: 358 yds.Β This one started well with a 218 yd drive dead center of the fairway. But when I got there I had a slice lie and sliced my 8 iron 105 yds off into the rough on the right. I had a tight pin, but skulled my 64 wedge over the green into the woods where the ball came to rest against the trunk of a tree. I hacked the ball away from it with a lob wedge getting it 8 yds closer to the hole, then pitched up onto the green where the ball rolled back almost off the green on the other side leaving a 32 ft putt. I two putted saving triple bogey.

3) Par 3: 125 yds.Β Off to a good start I pulled my 9 iron slightly and it landed pin high to the left of the green. I chipped on to the correct distance with my SWΒ but was misaligned leaving a long putt. 2 putted for bogey.

4) Par 4: 299 yds:Β The ground was still pretty soft so nothing was rolling. I hit a 224 yd drive dead center again. With only 74 yds to the green I took out my SW and caught it heavy. Then I used my SW again from 34 yds and put the ball 14 feet from the hole. Two putted for bogey.

5) Par 5: 451 yds.Β Hit another rocket off the tee, but it went slightly right and hit a tree, dropping down about 144 yds out. I had my 6 iron out, but got greedy and switched to my 5W and rolled it 75 yds, Then took out my 5 iron and pulled it 156 yds into the rough on the left front of the elevated green. Tough shot over a gaping bunker. Took out my 64 and popped it over onto the green about 2 feet from the hole. Bogey.

6) Par 3: 118 yds: Pulled my PW pin high 15 yds left of the flag. ChippedΒ on with my SW landing on the fringe but the ground was soft and it died barely on the green 22 ft from the hole.Β Two putted for bogey.Β 

7) Par 4: 339 yds: Push faded my drive 210 yds just into the woods where I had a shot out onto the fairway between two giant pine trees. I took my GW and missed the shot hitting the tree on the right where the ball ricocheted back behind me about 7 yds. Then I hit my GW again through those same two trees about 62 yds. into the fairway advancing the ball enough to leave myself about 88 yds to the green. This normally is a full SW shot for me. So I hit one, but the ground was so soft that it only went 71 yds. leaving me with a chip of 33 yds which I used my SW again and put it 3 feet from the hole. 1 putt for DB.

8) Par 4 300 yds: I hit another rocket down the right hand side of the fairway and it might have easily gone 225, but it caught a branch about 180 yds out and dropped straight down in the fairway at 184. Then I pulled my PW 94 yds to the left of the green complex. Here was hardpan, and I used my 64 and hit onto the green over a bunker but the ball kept rolling away down the slope ending up about 50 feet from the hole. Three putt for DB.

9) Par 5 468 yds: My nemesis. I hate this hole. My feet are getting tired. I pull my drive about 172 and I'm lucky I didn't go into the fairway bunker. I'm in the rough. I take out my 6 iron (smart) and hit it 156, but I'm playing military golf now (left-right). This leaves me about 150 to the green. Now that i'm finally getting my club distances, I took out my 7 iron and hit a shot. Right club but I drew it a little too much and missed the green by about 10 yds. I went for it and pitched on with my 64 and ended up 26Β feet from the hole in the fringe. Lagged chipped to two feet and tapped in for bogey.Β 

Total: 9 holes - 51. Barf. Bright side: 57% FW. 1.89 putts/hole

Julia

:callaway:Β Β :cobra:Β Β Β Β :seemore:Β Β :bushnell:Β  :clicgear:Β Β :adidas:Β Β :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree;Β 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5Β degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Had the worst game for ages, and scored a miserable 10 points over 9 holes. The fact I am carrying so many injuries doesn't help though. A pulled muscle in the back, tennis elbow in the left arm, golf elbow in the right, and right shoulder impingement. I go out on the course strapped up like Michelin Man.Β 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SWΒ Ping Karsten ironsΒ with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

Had the worst game for ages, and scored a miserable 10 points over 9 holes. The fact I am carrying so many injuries doesn't help though. A pulled muscle in the back, tennis elbow in the left arm, golf elbow in the right, and right shoulder impingement. I go out on the course strapped up like Michelin Man.Β 

I think you mean to be posting these here:

This thread is for members who have a GAME GOLF unit and post links to their rounds, like this one:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/799113

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/810489

First round after a week and a half of holiday so things were a little rusty. However, switching to a left-hand low putting grip made the world of difference with the flatstick, with some great clutch putts on 1, 6 and 10 and an awesome long putt on 12. For someone who rarely holes anything outside of 5 feet, to suddenly run everything at the hole makes a wonderful change.Β Aside from that, 10 may well be the best birdie I've ever had, with three really good shots.Β 

Things to work on:

• Dead hands swing with partialΒ wedges as I got a bit aggressive on a number
  • Driver - at times it was excellent, but there were two off the crown when I got overactive with my lower body and drove my upper body too far forward. An improvement over where it has been, though. 3 wood off the tee could use a bit more work, too.
  • Iron play in general and more work on my priority pieces from Brian to sort my path out. The yanked PW on the 2nd was a perfect example of this and I doubled the 16th due to changing my mind at the top of the backswing.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71/round/803241

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71/round/804299

36 Holes with my brother this past Saturday.Β  It rained all but the last hour of the day.Β  That wasΒ a long and miserable day!

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71Β 

92 at Maderas in San Diego county. 44 on the front, which I was pleased with. 48 on the back, a couple OB' s and a sand trap hurt. Great day to be out, super course to play.Β 

35 minutes ago, chilepepper said:

92 at Maderas in San Diego county. 44 on the front, which I was pleased with. 48 on the back, a couple OB' s and a sand trap hurt. Great day to be out, super course to play.Β 

That's an awesome course. Β You posted this in the wrong thread. Β Read post #400 of this thread.

40 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

That's an awesome course. Β You posted this in the wrong thread. Β Read post #400 of this thread.

Β 

40 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Oops, can't find a way to delete it

Edited by chilepepper

My most recent round was a great round in terms of ballstriking:

Approach shots from outside 100 yards:Approach Shots Outside 100 Yards.png

The only shot that was further than 31 feet from the pin was a 3-iron approach on 17 from 240 yards out, which was just me going for the green in 2.

Approach shots from inside 100 yards:Β Approach Shots Inside 100 Yards.png

Again, all of the shots within 36 feet to the pin.Β 

Overall, my average proximity to the hole (not counting the 3 iron) was 20.4 feet on the 7 normal approach shots that it correctly registered (my tee shot on number 10 counted as the approach, for some reason). I was really happy with how I hit the ball during this round and hit every GIR.Β 

Stats Overview.png

It was a little frustrating to make only a single birdie when I hit so many shots so close, but it's better than none and I still had no 3-putts at least. Definitely an outlier of a round with the absurd amount of GIR I hit, but it was a lot of fun to play.

• Upvote 1

This playing golf on a regular basis is starting to pay off. I've been playing in my dad's group and they like to play from the silver tees so the course plays short but still happy to put a good round together. Funny thing is on two of my bogey holes, 10 and 16, I hit really solid shots into the green. 7 iron on 16 was the best swing of the day by far.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/816097

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

I bought Gamegolf last week, tagged my clubs, and now I’m off and running.Β  I’m hoping itΒ will reveal the weakest part of my weak golf gameβ€”the things I need to work on most.Β 

Β 

About me as a golfer:Β  I’ve played off and on for 30 years, but never been much good.Β  I’ve never played more than 10 rounds per year until last year. Β In fact, at age 32 I gave up golf, in frustration, for a 10 year stretch.Β  Didn’t touch a club for a whole decade.Β  So basically I’m a 50-something year old guy who is more or less just now taking up golf.Β  My ghin handicap is a 22. Β Β I belong to a country club a few blocks from my house.Β  Quite a few members there are single digit handicappers, including a handful of scratch or near scratch golfers.Β  My goals are more humble. Β I’d like to get into the middle teens.Β  Β I’m open to any suggestions TST has to offerβ€”which is basically why I’m posting the GG stuff.

Β 

I’ve been working exclusively on my short game this past month.Β  Mostly on chip shots and short pitch shots.Β  I’ve improved some, but still have a long ways to go.Β  Really,Β I have a long ways to go in all phases of my game.Β  Here are the first two nines I played (and four practice holes)Β after the long winter layoff:

Β 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/819837

Β 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/817276

Β 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/814749

Bought gamegolf a few months back - love it. Actually thought putting was one of my strong points but gamegolf is telling me otherwise!

Β 

Shot +2 at my local - been a member there for a month now after leaving my old club. Wasn't playing well at all with a few fat wedges. Driving was helping me out a lot. was +4 after 17 and absolutely flushed a 3 iron into the par 5 18th, also holing a good 20 footer for eagle.Β 

Β 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pez555/round/815532

Β 

Β 

On 11/04/2016 at 5:44 PM, Avalanche said:

I bought Gamegolf last week, tagged my clubs, and now I’m off and running.Β  I’m hoping itΒ will reveal the weakest part of my weak golf gameβ€”the things I need to work on most.Β 

About me as a golfer:Β  I’ve played off and on for 30 years, but never been much good.Β  I’ve never played more than 10 rounds per year until last year. Β In fact, at age 32 I gave up golf, in frustration, for a 10 year stretch.Β  Didn’t touch a club for a whole decade.Β  So basically I’m a 50-something year old guy who is more or less just now taking up golf.Β  My ghin handicap is a 22. Β Β I belong to a country club a few blocks from my house.Β  Quite a few members there are single digit handicappers, including a handful of scratch or near scratch golfers.Β  My goals are more humble. Β I’d like to get into the middle teens.Β  Β I’m open to any suggestions TST has to offerβ€”which is basically why I’m posting the GG stuff.

I’ve been working exclusively on my short game this past month.Β  Mostly on chip shots and short pitch shots.Β  I’ve improved some, but still have a long ways to go.Β  Really,Β I have a long ways to go in all phases of my game.Β  Here are the first two nines I played (and four practice holes)Β after the long winter layoff:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/819837

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/817276

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/814749

Good to hear you've picked up the game again, and Game Golf is a brilliant way of tracking your progress. Based on your rounds, it's a tight track and you're not that accurate with either your driver or your irons. I'd first look at getting those straighter so that you're not constantly punching out from under trees and giving yourself no shot at the green. Additionally, it might be worth evaluating whether driver is really the best option off of every tee shot bar par 3s. Your distance is good, so hopefully you can pick up the accuracy.

It may also be worth looking at this thread as well:Β 

On 11/04/2016 at 11:00 PM, MizunoPez said:

Bought gamegolf a few months back - love it. Actually thought putting was one of my strong points but gamegolf is telling me otherwise!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pez555/round/815532

Great driving round and an awesome way to finish! I don't think the strokes gained section is perfect, so I'd use your common sense to work out if it tallies with what you think you need to do.

• Upvote 1

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3 hours ago, b101 said:

Good to hear you've picked up the game again, and Game Golf is a brilliant way of tracking your progress. Based on your rounds, it's a tight track and you're not that accurate with either your driver or your irons. I'd first look at getting those straighter so that you're not constantly punching out from under trees and giving yourself no shot at the green. Additionally, it might be worth evaluating whether driver is really the best option off of every tee shot bar par 3s. Your distance is good, so hopefully you can pick up the accuracy.

It may also be worth looking at this thread as well:Β 

Thanks for the feedback! Β Yeah, there's plenty of room for improvement in *all* parts of my game. Β Towards the end of last summer I got to the point where I was hitting decent tee shots and okay with approach shots. Β Then I threw out my back in August and didn't really get back into golf for the rest of the season. Β Towards the end of summer my short game was keeping me from scoring. Β So this year I've decided to concentrate on short game first, then work on my other various shortcomings. Β I've been spending a ton of time around the greens working on short pitch shots and chips. Β In a couple weeks (when the aeration holes heal over) I'll start working more on putting. Β Then I'll shift to working on my long irons and tee shots in a few weeks. Β That's the plan anywayβ€”but it's not written in stone. Β Again, thanks! Β 

13 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Thanks for the feedback! Β Yeah, there's plenty of room for improvement in *all* parts of my game. Β Towards the end of last summer I got to the point where I was hitting decent tee shots and okay with approach shots. Β Then I threw out my back in August and didn't really get back into golf for the rest of the season. Β Towards the end of summer my short game was keeping me from scoring. Β So this year I've decided to concentrate on short game first, then work on my other various shortcomings. Β I've been spending a ton of time around the greens working on short pitch shots and chips. Β In a couple weeks (when the aeration holes heal over) I'll start working more on putting. Β Then I'll shift to working on my long irons and tee shots in a few weeks. Β That's the plan anywayβ€”but it's not written in stone. Β Again, thanks! Β 

No worries - Game Golf is a great tool and I'm sure it'll help you. Just make sure you can get yourself in a position to make those pitches and chips!

My latest round was on a links course in the South West - scoping out clubs for my next membership (I think I may have found the one!). A really tough test with demanding tee shots, some great par threes and fast, sloping greens. A score of level par to handicap (would have been -1 based on Standard Stroke) on my first time playing it was brilliant and shows that my game is definitely improving.Β 

Particularly pleased with all parts of my putting, wedge game (bar a mishit PW on 12)Β and tee shots. My long game and short game being on effectively covered up for the fact that my irons from the deck were abysmal - often hooked or just mishit, and this will be the next thing to start tidying up. It was great to see that my hard work on driver and putter are paying off though. The final thing was the three blow up holes that accounted for 7 of my 12 shots over par... To mess up two gettable par fives was infuriating, especially as I had been in an okay, if not perfectΒ position after my drives - I think I just need to occasionally throttle back and not go for it with the second shot if it's too much of an ask as both times I put myself in trouble.Β 

Still, a really good round and proves that there is a single figure handicapper in there - I'm getting closer!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/823290

Played a quick 9 after lunch. Β Bogey golfβ€”9 over. Β I had my best drive ever onΒ hole #1 (bestΒ for that hole anyway). Β The fairway goes up over a hill. Β The top of the hill is at about 200 yards. Β Any driveΒ over about 220Β yards in the fairway will get plenty of extra roll down the hill. Β I got it over the hill right in the center of the fairway, and it rolled to the bottom for a 263 yard drive.Β  (A good drive for me on a level fairway goes maybeΒ 225 toΒ 240 yards.)Β Β 

Β 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/824289Β 

Note:Β This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!